ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville's Satterfield to Cincinnati

Why was his contract restructured with only a 1 million dollar buyout? Was that in benefit for him if he wanted to leave or for Purdue if they wanted to fire him? Seems like buyouts are generally insane and leaves a lot of buyer remorse *see IU* but it can help retain a good coach if needed.
I'd love to see some numbers on this. I think if the other team really wants someone (or wants to get rid of them) those insane buyouts get picked up by alumni (that's what I heard happened with MSU 2 years ago and Nebraska and Frost this year). It's kind of like schools changing conferences, if the desire is big enough, it overrules the cost.

The landscape of Collage Football has changed so much since we went through this mating dance before that it will be interesting to see how it plays out. Purdue isn't the Fixer Upper Program that they were UofL isn't the Shinny Object on a warm beach that some thought they were before.
In addition, Purdue'sprogam has more to offer a coach now than it did before, including having an AD that has done nothing but put Purdue Athletics in a better place each time he has had to pull the trigger.
In no certain order but coaches that I think that would consider the Purdue job.
Whittingham
Fritz
Klieman
Taylor

I’m going to argue the nIL factor is becoming Nil! You are seeing the vast majority of teams having success are doing so without having a tremendous NIL. Look at Michigan and then look at Texas A&M. A&M was a lot better before they started paying their players mega bucks! And the vast majority of the big nil deals were made by quasi agents/handlers and not the schools!

People here keep talking about the NIL. Purdue seems to be doing ok without it. I hope Pack invested his money wisely!

I’m going to argue the nIL factor is becoming Nil! You are seeing the vast majority of teams having success are doing so without having a tremendous NIL. Look at Michigan and then look at Texas A&M. A&M was a lot better before they started paying their players mega bucks! And the vast majority of the big nil deals were made by quasi agents/handlers and not the schools!

People here keep talking about the NIL. Purdue seems to be doing ok without it. I hope Pack invested his money wisely!
It has been one year, far too soon to make sweeping statements - not that that would stop you.

It has been one year, far too soon to make sweeping statements - not that that would stop you.
It’s been 2+ years! And I’ve never been a bandwagon poster! I typically post on a subject before the majority of you realize the implications! You call me crazy and then I came back 3 years later and say I told you so! Perhaps you should review my posts in the archives and then say wow that crazy person who admits he knows nothing was actually right. I was the first on this board to predict Purdue going to the citrus bowl. I predicted it long before it became a fact! I also predicted Purdue would lose to Michigan!

It’s been 2+ years! And I’ve never been a bandwagon poster! I typically post on a subject before the majority of you realize the implications! You call me crazy and then I came back 3 years later and say I told you so! Perhaps you should review my posts in the archives and then say wow that crazy person who admits he knows nothing was actually right. I was the first on this board to predict Purdue going to the citrus bowl. I predicted it long before it became a fact! I also predicted Purdue would lose to Michigan!
Any deals made would have mainly impacted this football season since NIL started just one month before training camp for the 21 season.

Great call on the Purdue-Mich game. Tremendous insight..

doesn’t his wife live in Louisville? The only thing that keep him here last time was unfinished business and I think he did that. I wouldn’t blame him for leaving.

I think Brohm will come home this time, but, whatever happens, I wish you all good luck. I grew up with the Brohm boys even going back to playing neighborhood football and basketball with them as a little kid. I've become a big Purdue fan since the Brohms arrived. I will continue to follow your team.

Word is Satterfield left becuase our AD refused to give him an extension and pay raise.

Reactions: pboiler18 and Mobes
Why do you say that. Louisville is such a step down. I know its his alma mater but damn he just played for a BIG championship. He should stay IMO. Louisville must be a hellhole. Why would Satterfield leave?
Because he didn’t get an extension. And Louisville isn’t a “hell hole.” P-5 conference and plenty of NIL. $$

Kentucky fan here....Satterfield had good success his first year with Petrino's left over players but then was mainly a dud. They had some success this year but mostly due to stringing some wins together against teams who had major injury issues.

He was embarrassing in the UK vs UL rivalry.
Another UK fan here. I don't understand why a program on the rise like Cincinnati would hire a loser like Satterfield. Surely there must have been better candidates. I live in Indianapolis, and am drawn to Purdue because they aren't IU. Not to mention not uavel.

Another UK fan here. I don't understand why a program on the rise like Cincinnati would hire a loser like Satterfield. Surely there must have been better candidates. I live in Indianapolis, and am drawn to Purdue because they aren't IU. Not to mention not uavel.
That is what I am wondering. WHY would Cinci hire him?? His record at UL is not impressive.

For some, that would be a reason to stay in WL.
Rimshot GIF

Whereas Bielema literally can’t fit thru the back door.

Way to disappear after the Illini blew it.
We did blow it. Silver lining, we didn’t have to lose by 3 TDs to Michigan in front of a national audience. And your prize for losing the conference title game is to be ritualistically slaughtered by LSU in the citrus bowl… so I’m not exactly shedding tears to miss that either.

He’s got the lowest buyout in the conference for a reason. He can walk out the back door any time he wants, ie when Louisville comes available
Hey thanks for showing back up after all your ILL bluster…don’t let the door hit ya now…

Reactions: pboiler18
Louisville is clearly a step down and in an inferior conference. But their dedication to nil scares me, and we haven't been getting the big time recruits we did the first few years.

Reactions: RogerIndy
Typical loser mentality.
Yes yes, loser mentality. You got embarrassed by Michigan, and your coach is ditching you to voluntarily move from the Big Ten to the ACC. You’re going to lose to a disinterested LSU to finish the year with six losses. Sheesh it must be great to have that winner’s mentality. Keep winning!

Yes yes, loser mentality. You got embarrassed by Michigan, and your coach is ditching you to voluntarily move from the Big Ten to the ACC. You’re going to lose to a disinterested LSU to finish the year with six losses. Sheesh it must be great to have that winner’s mentality. Keep winning!
are you an iu fan?

Loser mentality on display. You literally would rather lose than play the big boys. You really do sound like an Indinia football fan.

Caught this as I'm scrolling for any info on the Louisville situation.

Hard to say whether that's an "I'm leaving meeting" or a "No decisions will be made until after the bowl game" meeting

No confirmation elsewhere that it's even actually happening

Reactions: PurdueClassof02
Caught this as I'm scrolling for any info on the Louisville situation.

Hard to say whether that's an "I'm leaving meeting" or a "No decisions will be made until after the bowl game" meeting

No confirmation elsewhere that it's even actually happening
I think you can rule out the latter. There's no way either university would wait that long.

Hopefully, its a "I'm staying. Let's get ready for LSU" meeting.

Reactions: Boiler8285
He may be ditching us to move to his hometown to be with his aging parents. A lot of decent people move to be close to their aging parents.

Didn't you learn anything about being decent at Vassar in the 60s, or was it all about finding a good hubby back then?

Reactions: pboiler18
If there really is a team meeting at 3, that's not a good sign.
If he were staying, I think he would have made the announcement that he were doing so.
Hope I'm wrong.....

Glad you are in Indy where they have good dentists that can help you.

We did blow it. Silver lining, we didn’t have to lose by 3 TDs to Michigan in front of a national audience. And your prize for losing the conference title game is to be ritualistically slaughtered by LSU in the citrus bowl… so I’m not exactly shedding tears to miss that either.

Just an incredibly dumb take. Down 14-13 at half. And we were in it for most of the 3rd quarter. Had we not f'd up a couple of red zone opportunities, it would have been a barn burner...

Just an incredibly dumb take. Down 14-13 at half. And we were in it for most of the 3rd quarter. Had we not f'd up a couple of red zone opportunities, it would have been a barn burner...
Basically came down to 3 plays: 2 bad throws from AOC (one at the 1 yd line, the other inside your own 20. Those are backbreakers) and 1 missed tackle by the DB.

Any deals made would have mainly impacted this football season since NIL started just one month before training camp for the 21 season.

Great call on the Purdue-Mich game. Tremendous insight..
I've made other accurate predictions. there were some here that thought we'd beat Michigan.

ADVERTISEMENT