ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville's Satterfield to Cincinnati

Brohm is likely heading home to Louisville. He's done everything he can here.

I hope he stays but think it's a also an opportunity for all parties to benefit long term.
Why do you say that. Louisville is such a step down. I know its his alma mater but damn he just played for a BIG championship. He should stay IMO. Louisville must be a hellhole. Why would Satterfield leave?

Why do you say that. Louisville is such a step down. I know its his alma mater but damn he just played for a BIG championship. He should stay IMO. Louisville must be a hellhole. Why would Satterfield leave?
They wanted him out. He asked for an extension and a raise and they said no. He was one of those coaches who was never bad enough to fire and not god enough to truly get behind. He did not take their rivalry with UK seriously either.

From a financial and resources standpoint, Purdue is the easy choice. I get it that his heart strings might be tugging at him for Lville, but if he didn't go when they were begging for him 4 years ago, why go now when the B10 landscape is changing big time (financially)? Lville will be in no-mans land at a P5 program. Hopefully they burned some bridges when he said no to them before.

I think MBob throws a huge extension and $$$ at him in the next 48 hours. If we don't hear about Brohm calling a press conference of team meeting by Friday, I think he stays.

From a financial and resources standpoint, Purdue is the easy choice. I get it that his heart strings might be tugging at him for Lville, but if he didn't go when they were begging for him 4 years ago, why go now when the B10 landscape is changing big time (financially)? Lville will be in no-mans land at a P5 program. Hopefully they burned some bridges when he said no to them before.

I think MBob throws a huge extension and $$$ at him in the next 48 hours. If we don't hear about Brohm calling a press conference of team meeting by Friday, I think he stays.
I'm going to add that perhaps Brohm has seen that coaches going back home (ala Frost) doesn't work out all that well.

Completely biased, but Brohm staying at Purdue makes the most sense. And after he signs that big extension start poaching those Louisville 4 stars.

There are several possibilities:

1. He thinks Cincinnati is a better opportunity
2. He's tired of the Brohm guillotine waiting to fall on his head everytime the sun goes behind a cloud
3. Louisville indicated they were going to do whatever necessary to try to get Brohm, so he took a preemptive strike
4. Personal reasons / disagreements with the existing AD
5. Probably more I can't even fathom

Reasons Brohm will consider UL...

1. Many of us have taken jobs for family reasons and Brohm is getting close to the latter part of his coaching career. Brohm’s extended family still lives in Louisville. His wife and daughter had been living there temporarily taking care of a family member.

2. He wanted to go last time but chose not to because he still had work to do here. Now he's played in the BTCCG. He'll feel like he's got something accomplished which he has.

3. Louisville has much better NIL opportunities than Purdue.

Reasons why Satterfield left...

1. He probably felt like he wasn't wanted there. But I don't really know.

When the playoffs go to 12 teams, wouldnt you want to be in what you are saying is the "easier" conference? I think Brohm would light it up in the ACC and probably take Louisville to the playoffs eventually (and that makes me mad as a UK fan). He will get a giant statue at his alma mater.

1. Many of us have taken jobs for family reasons and Brohm is getting close to the end of the latter part of his coaching career. Brohm’s extended family still lives in Louisville. His wife and daughter had been living there temporarily taking care of a family member.

2. He wanted to go last time but chose not to because he still had work to do here. Now he's played in the BTCCG. He'll feel like he's got something accomplished which he has.

He asked for an extension and a raise and was denied . He never won enough for it bu never lost enough to get fired and his rival owned him . Im sure Louisville fans are happy . As a UK fan, I wanted him there forever.

Reactions: Lamar Card

1. Many of us have taken jobs for family reasons and Brohm is getting close to the latter part of his coaching career. Brohm’s extended family still lives in Louisville. His wife and daughter had been living there temporarily taking care of a family member.

"He wanted to go last time"
Bull$hit. If he wanted to go, he would have gone.

It's possible to want to go and want to stay at the same time. Just because you chose one doesn't mean you didn't want both.
But, if that truly was his dream job, why risk the fact that their coach would either be really successful (unfirable) or wouldn't leave for another opportunity? Or, if Purdue went in the tank and he could have gotten fired a few years later?

Why was his contract restructured with only a 1 million dollar buyout? Was that in benefit for him if he wanted to leave or for Purdue if they wanted to fire him? Seems like buyouts are generally insane and leaves a lot of buyer remorse *see IU* but it can help retain a good coach if needed.

I think it was pretty obvious he 'wanted' to go but felt obligated (to players and, perhaps, Purdue) to stay.
Every single coach that leaves for another job is going to feel that way. They tell the team 365 days a year that they're not going anywhere, then all the sudden, the call a team meeting at 10AM on a Wednesday (when they never have team meetings).
Brohm will have to make a choice between his head (Purdue) and his heart (Lville).

Louisville would be a step down, Big Ten and SEC are the best conferences. Unless his family wants out, he will stay. One concern though is Louisville has done better than Purdue recently in recruiting, perhaps due to NIL.
Like I always say, when the playoffs go to 12 teams wouldn't you want to be in what you perceive to be the easier conference? Brohm will own the ACC

Reactions: SpotHogCard
But, if that truly was his dream job, why risk the fact that their coach would either be really successful (unfirable) or wouldn't leave for another opportunity? Or, if Purdue went in the tank and he could have gotten fired a few years later?
I never said it was his dream job.

It's all about NIL. Louisville has it. Purdue doesn't...

Reactions: CardNation
Maybe he’s familiar with the history of Louisville football coaching tenures?

We're already seeing kids in the portal. Holstege just announced he's gone. I'd say it's highly likely this is over with quickly...

Reactions: Poprudy
He’s got the lowest buyout in the conference for a reason. He can walk out the back door any time he wants, ie when Louisville comes available
Whereas Bielema literally can’t fit thru the back door.

Way to disappear after the Illini blew it.

Reactions: Bippus33
ADVERTISEMENT