ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville hoops in trouble

StateStreet123

Redshirt Freshman
Aug 9, 2010
Many complain about recruiting and shady stuff.

Wait until you read what has been going on under pitino. For recruits, recruits fathers, and players. makes his sexcapade in the italian restaurant seem like nothing......

Wait until you read what has been going on under pitino. For recruits, recruits fathers, and players. makes his sexcapade in the italian restaurant seem like nothing......
Even better it appears IU has been implicated as the snitch. Pressers today with Slick Rick and the Tan Man both "knowing nuthink!"

It's a book. By an IU supporter. Sure it's filled with facts.

Even better it appears IU has been implicated as the snitch. Pressers today with Slick Rick and the Tan Man both "knowing nuthink!"
That might put a little damper on ther newly arranged series of games against each other.

IU supposedly connected the IBJ (who is an IU alum) to the Louisville admins....and Louisville then reported it to the NCAA.

IU supposedly connected the IBJ (who is an IU alum) to the Louisville admins....and Louisville then reported it to the NCAA.

The IU alum is not just any alum. It is mickey maurer. Highly successful attorney and arguably IU's largest benefactor. That is saying something when you have Johnny Cougar and Mark Cuban. In fact, IU school of law building is named after him.

He owns the publishing company that is publishing the book. Highly respected (from the 1970s) Indianapolis investigative reporter Dick Cady authored the book. It is a bit weird imo that the IU benefactor decides to pursue (and fund) this investigation through his company - and almost secretly at the beginning. Is the goal to make a $ by selling lots of books?

Sure seems an odd way to handle it. If you obtain some scandalous info re a 'competing' hoops program, you investigate it yourself and publish a book? I guess I dont know what I would do. Go directly to NCAA and they either ignore/bungle it or do nothing. Turn it over to IU immediately but it is not their concern at all. Go straight to UoL and tell them about it? Thoughts?

I have no idea how I would handle it. It is interesting that it was published. However, he will get his hits by doing what he did, and turn it into a profit. The girl won't likely make a whole lot of money on the thing though. I am just saying he may be an IU donor, but IU didn't report it. They actually just connected the two through an email. There is an email trail.

And also, I think Crean should be fired. So, I am not the person who would give him the benefit of a doubt here.

I have no idea how I would handle it. It is interesting that it was published. However, he will get his hits by doing what he did, and turn it into a profit. The girl won't likely make a whole lot of money on the thing though. I am just saying he may be an IU donor, but IU didn't report it. They actually just connected the two through an email. There is an email trail.

The girl is getting 10% of the GROSS sales of the book and had no upfront investment. That is pretty unusual as usually it is based off net sales (profit). So all risk is on Mickey/co re $. Not that it matters, just FYI

Reading some more about this, it seems pretty legit. If the NCAA is going to hit SMU with a postseason ban for the dirt that they got on them, I would think this could end up being just as bad or worse (except that Louisville athletics probably brings in more revenue than SMU, so that will put the powers that be in a quandry).

What?! Pitino and sleaze together again? Who could have seen that coming?

I like the fact that L'ville basketball players can't seem to get their own women. Lucky they went to a school sleazy enough to supply them some willing girls. I guess otherwise they'd all graduate virgins. Poor boys. Maybe they should get to know some of the men at Purdue?

:cool:

I imagine the solution for Louisville will be to attack the madams credibility and the fact she profits from the book sales. Pitino seemed to be trying to already distance himself from the assistant coach as one who had gone rogue on the basketball program, so it looks like they are trying to forge the scapegoat for the books revelation-no one else had any knowledge of what Ellis was doing.

I imagine the solution for Louisville will be to attack the madams credibility and the fact she profits from the book sales. Pitino seemed to be trying to already distance himself from the assistant coach as one who had gone rogue on the basketball program, so it looks like they are trying to forge the scapegoat for the books revelation-no one else had any knowledge of what Ellis was doing.
Supposedly she has pictures and extensive notes regarding payments, etc. Pitino and the problem MIGHT be able to distance themselves had he never been caught with his own pants down but that ship has already sailed. This one likely will hurt but U of L is slick enough they're going to drag IU down a little bit with them when they go.
OT, I had to chuckle yesterday when I turned in to the IU game and they were singing the praises of the Clapper for turning the BB program around and talking about all the good he's done. Hope the savior stays forever!!!

Supposedly she has pictures and extensive notes regarding payments, etc. Pitino and the problem MIGHT be able to distance themselves had he never been caught with his own pants down but that ship has already sailed. This one likely will hurt but U of L is slick enough they're going to drag IU down a little bit with them when they go.
OT, I had to chuckle yesterday when I turned in to the IU game and they were singing the praises of the Clapper for turning the BB program around and talking about all the good he's done. Hope the savior stays forever!!!
I can only hope Crean keeps bringing all that good to the program. All his players getting in trouble and having a number 1 ranked team make it to the sweet 16. And Purdue lately having his number. yeah WRTV might as well have been IU central. No question crean must stay at iu forever.

I can only hope Crean keeps bringing all that good to the program. All his players getting in trouble and having a number 1 ranked team make it to the sweet 16. And Purdue lately having his number. yeah WRTV might as well have been IU central. No question crean must stay at iu forever.
well we sorta agree, I hope Painter stays forever too.

When a reporter caught up with Pitino to get his statement:

pimp2x600.jpg

Reactions: hoosierdog1

This is looking REALLY bad for Louisville. I doubt Pitino keeps his job and Louisville's championship may be forfeited. It may even take down the AD.

Louisville has a lot of big corporate donors. You have to wonder if donors like Papa John's and Yum will want to distance themselves from this mess. You also have to wonder if parents of recruits will want anything to do with the school.

This is looking REALLY bad for Louisville. I doubt Pitino keeps his job and Louisville's championship may be forfeited. It may even take down the AD.

Louisville has a lot of big corporate donors. You have to wonder if donors like Papa John's and Yum will want to distance themselves from this mess. You also have to wonder if parents of recruits will want anything to do with the school.

I thought the same thing after the Pitino incident at the restaurant. It seems there are parents out there who don't think like you and me.

Reactions: Statey
I thought the same thing after the Pitino incident at the restaurant. It seems there are parents out there who don't think like you and me.
I hear you, but providing underage prostitutes to recruits is on a whole different level than what happens in Pitino's personal life. I would not want my kids anywhere near that situation.

I hear you, but providing underage prostitutes to recruits is on a whole different level than what happens in Pitino's personal life. I would not want my kids anywhere near that situation.
In fairness, I should add that it is possible that the allegations won't be proven. It seems like there is ample evidence, but I don't really know that. I'll let this play out, but it doesn't look good.

I don't know why, but, I've never thought that Papa John was some kind of saint. Let's face it, he took the Karen Sypher situation in stride and never held back a buck. Plus his pizza sucks.

I don't know why, but, I've never thought that Papa John was some kind of saint. Let's face it, he took the Karen Sypher situation in stride and never held back a buck. Plus his pizza sucks.
Saint or not, in this day and age corporations are quick to distance themselves from anything that may hurt their brand and bottom line.

Papa John is a Louisville fan, first and foremost. He lives 10 minutes from the campus. He's bound at the hip to that team just like you all are to Purdue. That's a lot different than Nike moving in on a hot team or athlete just to improve their botttom dollar. When you don't care about what you're investing in, you have no problem letting it go. Not the case with Papa. I think it would be a worse show of character if he ditched people he cares about because they messed up.

His pizza is excellent. It uses fresher and more authentic ingredients than most any I've ever tasted. It's less greasy and artificial than your average pizza. Some people might have a problem with this because grease and artificial flavor are what they're used to & can be really tasty. Pizza King being an example of this. Papa also frequently has deals & promotions tied to various charities. He may not be a saint, but he's definitely not a villain. I can't make that claim about Louisville's basketball program.

Reactions: PUQBMan.
Man, if you think Papa Johns is authentic, you owe yourself a trip to the big apple to sample a couple "New York Slices" to see what pizza should taste like. That nasty bread-dough with sweet ketchup sauce that is flash-cooked in 3 minutes in a convection oven is about as authentic as a UL recruit's four-year plan that includes getting a degree with virginity intact.

Sorry, I know that's a bit snobby but half my family is from New York and they've beat this distinction into my head. You should see their reaction to a pizza cut like a checker-board. My dad's actually sent pizzas back because they didn't respect his wish to cut it like a pie "like real pizza", lol!

Last edited:
Reactions: Heller
Everybody has pizza favorites. Chicago style is supposed to be great but I'm not overly impressed. FB fans are always referring visiting fans to Brunos in WL and while I like it I was around the Lafayette area long enough that I still go out of my way to hit Arni's instead. It's just individual taste. Most of it is pretty decent.

The simple thing I don't understand is why would they have to pay prostitutes to arrange for sex with the recruits? They can get all the sex they want for free with many of the universities co-eds. Hell, what do you think most of these schools hostess's groups are used for.

The simple thing I don't understand is why would they have to pay prostitutes to arrange for sex with the recruits? They can get all the sex they want for free with many of the universities co-eds. Hell, what do you think most of these schools hostess's groups are used for.
I'm with you Doc. I don't get it. Are these players such social retards that they would die as virgins without paying for their ladies? I guess UL wanted to be sure they got laid on their first visit to the school. Talk about a recruiting advantage! ...and we just let them scrimage with our guys. Holy cow!

As far as I'm concerned, if proven to be true, the NCAA should cause them to forfet every game over the last 20 years. UL can't say that any of the players of those teams were not influenced to come to UL by the "Play & Lay" program instituted there.

So, there's no chance any communications occurred outside of email? Is that what you're saying?

Man, if you think Papa Johns is authentic, you owe yourself a trip to the big apple to sample a couple "New York Slices" to see what pizza should taste like. That nasty bread-dough with sweet ketchup sauce that is flash-cooked in 3 minutes in a convection oven is about as authentic as a UL recruit's four-year plan that includes getting a degree with virginity intact.

Sorry, I know that's a bit snobby but half my family is from New York and they've beat this distinction into my head. You should see their reaction to a pizza cut like a checker-board. My dad's actually sent pizzas back because they didn't respect his wish to cut it like a pie "like real pizza", lol!
When Michael Scott goes to NYC, he stops at Sbarro's for a slice of authentic NY style pizza.

UL's hostesses, according to you, are just there for sex to the recruits? What is wrong with you? A lot of parents are reading your posts, and I don't believe that is why they sent their daughters to UL, do you?

I agree with you that it is not what they sent their daughters to school for, but it is what occurs on many college campuses, especially schools that most of us know as schools that routinely cheat. And yes, jimmygoiu it happens at IU !!!

UL's hostesses, according to you, are just there for sex to the recruits? What is wrong with you? A lot of parents are reading your posts, and I don't believe that is why they sent their daughters to UL, do you?
Here is a great example of a sexist comment. Jimmy, did they send their sons to UL for sex either? Probably not, but it is the daughters this guy is worried about. Got news for you. Women/girls like sex as much as guys do. I am not talking about 15 year old prostitutes. I am talking about women of legal age to make mature judgments. I think the concern (valid) should be for both sexes, not just people's daughters. Maybe you didn't have any sexual relations when going to college, but I will bet dollars to donuts most of the posters here did. Most athletes, outside UL, don't have a difficult time getting to know girls, and the girls getting to know the athletes. So what? Maybe the UL boys are a special bunch, unable to make connections on their own? Poor fellows.

Here is a great example of a sexist comment. Jimmy, did they send their sons to UL for sex either? Probably not, but it is the daughters this guy is worried about. Got news for you. Women/girls like sex as much as guys do. I am not talking about 15 year old prostitutes. I am talking about women of legal age to make mature judgments. I think the concern (valid) should be for both sexes, not just people's daughters. Maybe you didn't have any sexual relations when going to college, but I will bet dollars to donuts most of the posters here did. Most athletes, outside UL, don't have a difficult time getting to know girls, and the girls getting to know the athletes. So what? Maybe the UL boys are a special bunch, unable to make connections on their own? Poor fellows.

Have you ever had a daughter, MathBoy?

If not trusting any young man who so much as looked at my daughters made me a sexist, then I am guilty as charged.

Everybody has pizza favorites. Chicago style is supposed to be great but I'm not overly impressed. FB fans are always referring visiting fans to Brunos in WL and while I like it I was around the Lafayette area long enough that I still go out of my way to hit Arni's instead. It's just individual taste. Most of it is pretty decent.
Arnie 's has no equal...arnie 's junior, pizza or sandwich..no bad choices and a huge backer of
Boilermaker sports.

ADVERTISEMENT