ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville fires Petrino

Still not confirmed from what I can tell. But lots of people talking about a scandal involving a woman planning to drop a "bombshell."

If Louisville is a complete dumpster fire, it doesn't seem like a good situation for a rising star coach.

Edit: Actually there is a press conference at noon:

Still not confirmed from what I can tell. But lots of people talking about a scandal involving a woman planning to drop a "bombshell."

If Louisville is a complete dumpster fire, it doesn't seem like a good situation for a rising star coach.

What exactly are Louisville’s “school and ethical values?”

Yeah this station fell for it. Check the handle and the verified check mark people.

Like I said in a previous post. His wife and children look HAPPY. He looks happy and we have a large bank account ready to go.

Listen Louisville is the hometown. Yes it was his school but he isn't going back.

My parents were immigrants I love to vacation to the home country. But would never live there or move from the best country on earth.

He can love his home town school but he isn't going back for more than a trip to visit family and friends. That place is a toxic dump. Town & College are both terrible.

Reactions: Klaus 7196
Brohm currently is on the first year of a 7 year contract for $29 million.
Brohm's buyout is $4.4 million in 2018 and $3.3 million after Dec. 5th.
Petrino currently makes less money than Brohm on a per year average and his buyout is $14 million.

Before Brohm is even paid a single cent, UL would have to fork over $18.8 million or $17.3 million. Add in that to the contract for Brohm (let's say $4.5 million) and his staff (right now that pool is $3.37 million), and UL is looking at nearly $26 million. That is an insane amount of money that likely only a few schools could conceivably get away with (Texas, Texas A&M, Alabama, OSU, UM).

Louisville would be better served making a run at a young OC like Tee Martin (USC), Brian Daboll (Bama), or making a run at FAU head coach Lane Kiffin. Also, in the ACC and being in the same division as FSU, Clemson, Syracuse, and NC State, they may want to go the way of a HC with a defensive background like Dave Aranda (LSU).

My personal thought: Make a run at Matt Canada to get him away from the issues at Maryland right now. I think he has proven himself a competent coach with that entire situation. Get him at a reasonable price to make your football program and AD solvent again as the basketball program turns around. If you he fails in the next 4 years, make a run at Brohm in 2023.

Like I said in a previous post. His wife and children look HAPPY. He looks happy and we have a large bank account ready to go.

Listen Louisville is the hometown. Yes it was his school but he isn't going back.

My parents were immigrants I love to vacation to the home country. But would never live there or move from the best country on earth.

He can love his home town school but he isn't going back for more than a trip to visit family and friends. That place is a toxic dump. Town & College are both terrible.

I'm afraid a lot of this conjecture is just wishful thinking by Purdue fans.

1) Brohm looks happy in WL. But maybe he'd look even happier in Louisville.
2) If you grew up in WL and you and all your family went to Purdue, would it make any difference if Purdue was viewed as a "bad job"? Not for me. I'd relish the opportunity to lead my alma mater out of the depths and make them respectable again.
3) Johnny has the best logical response to all this - can Louisville actually afford all this? I don't know. It sure looks imposing. But for a "school" like Louisville, where as a university they are relevant only because of their athletic department, maybe they deem Brohm is worth whatever else they'd have to sacrifice to make the figures work. I definitely don't think Brohm would necessarily need the same type of money he's getting currently.

Who in their right mind would want to go near that cesspool down there? You want to fire your legendary coach for one 2-5 start during a rebuilding year and your AD is a complete train wreck right now. In contrast, Purdue is a great situation to build a power in the BIG WEST.

Bobby will be given at least another season to get the train back on track.

Reactions: Roeder
Who in their right mind would want to go near that cesspool down there? You want to fire your legendary coach for one 2-5 start during a rebuilding year and your AD is a complete train wreck right now. In contrast, Purdue is a great situation to build a power in the BIG WEST.

Bobby will be given at least another season to get the train back on track.
Wager??

I guarantee you that you are wrong

Louisville football program when Petrino showed up in 2003:
389-401-17 all time record and middling in Conference USA.

Petrino record: 75-27, competing in Big East and ACC.

Welcomed him back with open arms, knowing he was a scumbag in 2014. Now their suddenly entitled fans want him gone halfway through one bad season.

Remember when people said Tiller brought unreasonable expectations to Purdue fans?!!!
That was nothing compared to this.

Reactions: pboiler18
If Purdue finishes strong and lets say they beat Sparty, Minny, and IU. Thats 7 wins, possibly 8 with a bowl win. Going into next season they have a strong chance to enter the year ranked, along with Rondale being a leading candidate for the Heisman. Brohm is also bringing in a top 20-25 recruiting class, and isn't done yet (David Bell/Wandale Robinson)
It's certainly an interesting story line, I think Louisville probably has a better shot in 4-5 years as he'll want to get his guys in and see what he can do.

The one Louisville already fired when he was an assistant?

Reasons Brohm isn’t coaching Louisville next year. Rondale Moore
He wanted to come here and for some odd reason Petrino never really recruited him....unfortunately for you he will be wearing red soon as well.
I know it all sucks....been there before

Oh look, the trash UoL fans are logging in at the library to smack talk about sports.

Don't forget to pick up your food stamps and get your line-beard touched up after you log off.
Yikes, full frontal attack...incoming desperation messages from KY

Reactions: pboiler18
If Purdue finishes strong and lets say they beat Sparty, Minny, and IU. Thats 7 wins, possibly 8 with a bowl win. Going into next season they have a strong chance to enter the year ranked, along with Rondale being a leading candidate for the Heisman. Brohm is also bringing in a top 20-25 recruiting class, and isn't done yet (David Bell/Wandale Robinson)
It's certainly an interesting story line, I think Louisville probably has a better shot in 4-5 years as he'll want to get his guys in and see what he can do.
Much more likely.

Louisville football program when Petrino showed up in 2003:
389-401-17 all time record and middling in Conference USA.

Petrino record: 75-27, competing in Big East and ACC.

Welcomed him back with open arms, knowing he was a scumbag in 2014. Now their suddenly entitled fans want him gone halfway through one bad season.

Remember when people said Tiller brought unreasonable expectations to Purdue fans?!!!
That was nothing compared to this.
There will be a story that will come out before weeks end that will negate his contract and buyout. Money wont be an issue for our next coach. He is not being fired for his record but for something unethical. You will see....trust me

More like wishful thinking by Louisville fans. If I see another New Thread about Brohm I am gonna scream. GO Boilers

There will be a story that will come out before weeks end that will negate his contract and buyout. Money wont be an issue for our next coach. He is not being fired for his record but for something unethical. You will see....trust me
Bangin an office 5 again?

Regardless of what happens with your unethical athletic programs and football coach, Coach Brohm will not be his successor. He has an opportunity to take Purdue's football program and tradition from last place to the top of the Big 10. Coach Brohm is a competitive man, and his current challenge is not complete. He will finish the job here, and he may leave, but I don't believe Louisville is his final destination. The NFL will offer him $8-10M/yr. by the time he has accomplished his work at Purdue. Ben Franklin that!

Coach Brohm will most likely leave Purdue within the next couple years, but it won’t be to rebuild some middling program. He’ll be in line for a major jump in program quality (think Auburn-esque), and he’ll deserve it.

Somebody used ethics and Louisville in the same paragraph. Astounding! Will wonders ever end?

By the way, I don't think you guys are out of the woods yet with the hookers and the pay outs. I will bet the same stink lies all over your football program too.

Somebody used ethics and Louisville in the same paragraph. Astounding! Will wonders ever end?

By the way, I don't think you guys are out of the woods yet with the hookers and the pay outs. I will bet the same stink lies all over your football program too.
Ha..

AD Mike Bobinski has about $51.5 million annually to show Brohm how committed he is to keeping him here. BTW, that's just a check that is cut to the B1G schools in 2018. With new TV rights and such coming forward, that number will increase.

Does UL have that type of money to play around with to not only pay Brohm but to support the program.

Honest question: Does going back to your school who has an AD that is flux and doesn't have the monetary situation to truly compete in their conference and division sound attractive vs. what Bobinski and Purdue can offer Brohm? A rational person clearly sees that answer is no. I wouldn't be surprised if Brohm were to take a hard look but if it was as difficult as he said to leave WKU, my guess it'll be even harder than that to leave Purdue.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT