ADVERTISEMENT

Losses

proudopete

All-American
Jan 26, 2010
The most promising sign going into this final stretch would be that both of our losses can be blamed on two things that are completely under the control of the team.

When we lose, we beat ourselves. Turnovers take away our rebounding advantage and missed free throws fail to punish teams for fouling. It’s actually a luxury to not have issues that are beyond our own control, (lack of size, lack of ballhandler, etc.). Having the brightest coach in the league doesn’t hurt either.

This team is just different. The players very seldom beat themselves. I am confident that in areas where they do beat themselves, they will make the necessary adjustments. I’ve seen nothing from this team that lends me to believe they won’t.

I am sure Painter sees this as well and for good reason, this is why he is so confident in this squad. He knows he has smart players. He has the player of the year. He has two frosh guards who play like veterans. He has a competent bench. He has shooters. He has everything he needs to produce championships.

It’s truly a special year and I hope everyone is enjoying it as much as I am. I’m not sure we can fully appreciate what we have with this team but I’m sure we will look back on it with smiles.

The most promising sign going into this final stretch would be that both of our losses can be blamed on two things that are completely under the control of the team.

When we lose, we beat ourselves. Turnovers take away our rebounding advantage and missed free throws fail to punish teams for fouling. It’s actually a luxury to not have issues that are beyond our own control, (lack of size, lack of ballhandler, etc.). Having the brightest coach in the league doesn’t hurt either.

This team is just different. The players very seldom beat themselves. I am confident that in areas where they do beat themselves, they will make the necessary adjustments. I’ve seen nothing from this team that lends me to believe they won’t.

I am sure Painter sees this as well and for good reason, this is why he is so confident in this squad. He knows he has smart players. He has the player of the year. He has two frosh guards who play like veterans. He has a competent bench. He has shooters. He has everything he needs to produce championships.

It’s truly a special year and I hope everyone is enjoying it as much as I am. I’m not sure we can fully appreciate what we have with this team but I’m sure we will look back on it with smiles.
If they win the Big and just don’t fall apart it will have been a very good season. If they do better than that it will be a great season. Going farther…an outstanding season. Winning the last game they play if it happened …The miracle in West Lafayette

ADVERTISEMENT