ADVERTISEMENT

Looks more and more like Hardin is returning next year.

I'd MUCH rather have Moore back so I'm pretty disappointed. Hardin's a great kid and her 3's, when they go down, can really help us. I know KG absolutely loves the kid. I just would hate to see her take minutes from Smith or one of our incoming freshmen because her shooting is really the only thing she brings to the table.

Reactions: RBryant311
Would love to see her, and Brooke Moore return next season. They are such a big part of this year’s rejuvenation - and deserve to be part of an even (hopefully) better year in ‘22-‘23.
Since Moore went through senior day, it's pretty obvious she has made up her mind to leave.

Reactions: RBryant311
Yes, seems so for Moore, too bad. Hardin's D is way better than people know. And she is a team leader and spark plug. Painter would love to have a glue player like that. :) Also if things develop Hardin would just have less minutes.

I wouldn't necessarily draw any final conclusions at this point.

At this point in time, our roster looks like this.

5 seniors - Moore, Hardin, Doumbia, Gony, Stallings
4 juniors - Terry, Ellis, Woltman, Oriyomi
2 sophomores - Layden, Kyle
3 freshmen - Learn, Smith, Williams
3 2022 signed - Holzer, Stoddard, Potts

Assuming no underclassmen leave/quit, which I wouldn't rule out either in this day and age, that puts us at 12 next seasons before considering any seniors and I believe our scholarship limit is still 15 right? If Hardin wants to come back it's a no-brainer looking at where we sit right now. I would say Moore would be welcome back too if she wanted. Maybe going through senior day ceremonies means she's already made up her mind but perhaps she's not sure so they let her go through them just in case. If I had to guess, I'd say she's probably moving on but I wouldn't put it at 100% certainty until an announcement is made (which it's possible something has come out that I didn't see yet too).

I don't see space being an issue though. We could bring back a couple of seniors and still have room for a transfer if we wanted.

Also have to take in account that if Ellis, Terry or Oriyomi transfer a second time they'd have to sit out a year at their next school, unless they earn their degree and are grad transfers. Of the returners - Mide (who might be close to getting a degree) and Williams would be the most likely to transfer IMO. But Williams seems to pretty happy here per social media. I assume they are going to use this year as a RS and she'll have RS Freshmen eligibility with 4 years remaining.

Reactions: TC4THREE
Wonder if Kyle would get an extra year. She did not play most of the season and maybe why she was held out because for a while they projected her back?

I would love to have a season where we have an OLD team filled with a bunch of 5th and 6th year seniors like IU had this year. But, unlike the Hoosiers, finish higher than 5th in the B10! What a crummy regular season end to a promising season, maybe they'll make some noise in the tournament - but not betting on it.

Yes, teams that get older with talent usually win that season. Indiana is a condundrum but Mich and Iowa and Md are really good by BT standards anyway.

Reactions: DavidBoiler
Yes, teams that get older with talent usually win that season. Indiana is a condundrum but Mich and Iowa and Md are really good by BT standards anyway.
Didn't IU have a couple of key players out for a time with injuries? I know they don't have a lot of depth.

Yes their star post player, and actually stayed the course through much of it. Oddly enough it was only after her return the wheels fell out as they lost 4 of their final 5 games.

Perhaps they also hit a wall too, but they at least had a nice 15 day break at the end of January so I'm not sure that is an excuse for them. Definitely very surprising and i'm not sure there is an excuse.

Wonder if Kyle would get an extra year. She did not play most of the season and maybe why she was held out because for a while they projected her back?
Kyle played in 9 of our 29 games. Redshirt rules for basketball are very strict and I cannot imagine she has not lost another year of eligibility.

I wouldn't necessarily draw any final conclusions at this point.

At this point in time, our roster looks like this.

5 seniors - Moore, Hardin, Doumbia, Gony, Stallings
4 juniors - Terry, Ellis, Woltman, Oriyomi
2 sophomores - Layden, Kyle
3 freshmen - Learn, Smith, Williams
3 2022 signed - Holzer, Stoddard, Potts

Assuming no underclassmen leave/quit, which I wouldn't rule out either in this day and age, that puts us at 12 next seasons before considering any seniors and I believe our scholarship limit is still 15 right? If Hardin wants to come back it's a no-brainer looking at where we sit right now. I would say Moore would be welcome back too if she wanted. Maybe going through senior day ceremonies means she's already made up her mind but perhaps she's not sure so they let her go through them just in case. If I had to guess, I'd say she's probably moving on but I wouldn't put it at 100% certainty until an announcement is made (which it's possible something has come out that I didn't see yet too).

I don't see space being an issue though. We could bring back a couple of seniors and still have room for a transfer if we wanted.
Of course Skye Williams never played this year so eligibility wise she will be a freshman next year.

Didn't IU have a couple of key players out for a time with injuries? I know they don't have a lot of depth.
One of their best, MacKenzie Holmes, was injured in early Janurary and missed more than a month. People say she has not been the same since her return 4 or 5 games ago. So bad luck for them.

Reactions: Russ Ford
Hardin is a credit to the university, if she wants to return 1 more season I’m fine with it. Having her around won’t hurt the team, Moore probably will be a grad transfer and if she wants to start somewhere would be wise to leave.

Also have to take in account that if Ellis, Terry or Oriyomi transfer a second time they'd have to sit out a year at their next school, unless they earn their degree and are grad transfers. Of the returners - Mide (who might be close to getting a degree) and Williams would be the most likely to transfer IMO. But Williams seems to pretty happy here per social media. I assume they are going to use this year as a RS and she'll have RS Freshmen eligibility with 4 years remaining.
Who is Mide? Oriyomi I’m guessing?

Surpisingly Iowa seems to getting stronger as their coach moves into her 22nd or 23rd season. Just the opposite of Versyp.

• Haha
Reactions: Russ Ford
Surpisingly Iowa seems to getting stronger as their coach moves into her 22nd or 23rd season. Just the opposite of Versyp.
It's not surprising at all considering she landed a transformational, once in a generation type player like Clark. Clark to Bluder is what Diggins was to McGraw. But she'll need to recruit more help around her if she wants to ride her all the way to F4 or a NC, of course this day and age with the transfer portal the way it is - it's not too difficult to quickly get some.

It's not surprising at all considering she landed a transformational, once in a generation type player like Clark. Clark to Bluder is what Diggins was to McGraw. But she'll need to recruit more help around her if she wants to ride her all the way to F4 or a NC, of course this day and age with the transfer portal the way it is - it's not too difficult to quickly get some.
Before Clark, Bluder had National Player of the Year Megan Gustafson. Bluder can recruit, no doubt about it. But you are correct,.. still not enough to get them into a FF.

(And Gustafson was, beyond her skill, also gracious and pleasant.)

Would love to see her, and Brooke Moore return next season. They are such a big part of this year’s rejuvenation - and deserve to be part of an even (hopefully) better year in ‘22-‘23.
I would actually rather see Brooke Moore return than Hardin. I really like Moore's play.

Hardin's leadership and able to remember the plays, and a very good three point shooter when she is on. and she will be good with the freshman that are coming in.
Agreed, she’s a smart girl and a credit to the university, damn right I’m happy to have her back another season if she wants to return.

Reactions: JeffBoiler
I'd MUCH rather have Moore back so I'm pretty disappointed. Hardin's a great kid and her 3's, when they go down, can really help us. I know KG absolutely loves the kid. I just would hate to see her take minutes from Smith or one of our incoming freshmen because her shooting is really the only thing she brings to the table.
Did not watch every gamE but many games Hardin was forced to guard the 4. She got scored over plenty but they did not move her…she is strong!

Reactions: DocRon and TC4THREE
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT