ADVERTISEMENT

Looks like Michigan is going to lose the first Big 10 bowl game

Both OSU and Michigan had their chances to win. They both looked like the better team on the field. But the teams that won were the ones that executed better, didn’t throw away the opportunities they were given, and played with a better determination to win.

Yesterday’s games reminded me of last year’s purdue against Tennessee game. I felt Tennessee was by far the more talented team. But Purdue was the team that made the most of their opportunities and was the team that wanted to win!

My hat is off to TCU and Georgia! They each earned their victory. It’s not the outcome I wanted or expected. But I have to hand it to them. Neither OSU or Michigan choked. The refs didn’t really steal the game. TCU and Georgia were just the hungrier teams.

As for the TD catch that was denied. Michigan was given the ball at the 1 yard line. They should have been able to easily score. It’s not the ref’s fault they fumbled away their opportunity. Two interceptions led to TDs. And when it mattered most, Michigan’s defense could not stop or prevent TCU from scoring on long drives.

The key to winning a bowl game: make the most of your opportunities presented. Don’t make mistakes. Play hungry! In order to win you have to first want to win.

I’m not sure if either uk or iowa really wanted to win. Once Iowa built their lead the game was over.

UM defense was highly overrated...

Big Ten defenses were highly overrated, which is what scares me with the Walters hire...
Actually the Illinois Defense was the only one that stopped the Wolverines cold this year. If it was not for an obvious blown call by the B1G officials on a Michigan lineman way downfield on a 4th down pass to a receiver across the line of scrimmage on their last drive to kick the winning field goal, the Illini would have won! We have the architect of that defense so if he can get the players to run it, Purdue will be fine!

I saw the recap of the Iowa - kentucky point of view. Uk’s qb was a freshman in his first start. He did terrible. My thoughts are if Allen played against LSU, he probably would have matched the uk qb’s performance

Actually the Illinois Defense was the only one that stopped the Wolverines cold this year. If it was not for an obvious blown call by the B1G officials on a Michigan lineman way downfield on a 4th down pass to a receiver across the line of scrimmage on their last drive to kick the winning field goal, the Illini would have won! We have the architect of that defense so if he can get the players to run it, Purdue will be fine!
no BIG10 refs in the 2 losses by BIG10 yesterday

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT