ADVERTISEMENT

Long Snapper Commits

Do long snappers really get ships? Seems like something a kid could work on for half a day in his backyard and be reasonably good at. Have a hard time believing a school would give a scholarship for that. Didn't a blind USC long snapper play last year?

Real good size kid with accuracy and velocity with his snaps. I've seen him play twice this year and he is a good one.
Was just wondering about this same position during the game Saturday. Makowski has been great and I can't remember even a single bad snap in his playing time on either punts or field goals. Easily overlooked but definitely a skill that when it goes awry it can get ugly quick. Didn't Brian Alford step in and long snap during one of the Alamo Bowls?

Do long snappers really get ships? Seems like something a kid could work on for half a day in his backyard and be reasonably good at. Have a hard time believing a school would give a scholarship for that. Didn't a blind USC long snapper play last year?
C'mon man. Dude took one snap on a PAT in a blow out. The other team didn't even rush. It was a feel good story.

Reactions: delarno
Was just wondering about this same position during the game Saturday. Makowski has been great and I can't remember even a single bad snap in his playing time on either punts or field goals. Easily overlooked but definitely a skill that when it goes awry it can get ugly quick. Didn't Brian Alford step in and long snap during one of the Alamo Bowls?
If Alford did I really don't remember. McDonald may develop into a good center before it's over.

Real good size kid with accuracy and velocity with his snaps. I've seen him play twice this year and he is a good one.

I think it was Chris Daniels

Reactions: RegionWarrior101
ADVERTISEMENT