ADVERTISEMENT

Lilly Stoddard Entering Transfer Portal

I suspect she is not the only one we will lose to the portal
I was under the impression she was going to stick it out for another year, my guess is she was told that she really has no future at Purdue as a player.

While I think she had major potential with her height/length - she certainly seemed like a major project - and her body-type isn't great going up against the wide-body bigs of the Big Ten. She had a ways to go to be super productive for us and KG is looking to turn this program around immediately. So - at the end of the day - this loss isn't a big one. Also opens room for a portal big who can help out in the post immdediately. This is someone we will need. I'm feeling good about the post game of Harper/Impact Transfer/Groot going into next season.

Wish her the best and she finds a program that is more to her level and playing style - can see Butler being interested.

I just don't sense that Potts will transfer - she seems to be super invested in the program still with her posts on social media - could be wrong though as she has a history of transferring schools at the high school level.

Sorry to see her leaving, but you have to trust that the coaching staff knows more then we do about players abilities and contributons to the team than we do. The only problem I see is how can you become very good if you don't have som really good big players, ut I hope Coach has aplan for getting some

Sorry to see her leaving, but you have to trust that the coaching staff knows more then we do about players abilities and contributons to the team than we do. The only problem I see is how can you become very good if you don't have som really good big players, ut I hope Coach has aplan for getting some

Trust me - if she came into her freshman season ready to contribute immediately - she would've played immediately - post is the position where we were lacking going into the season so KG would not sit a 6'4 post player if she could contribute immediately as this level. She was always seen as a project - recruited by SV during a time when B10 teams could recruit "projects" - in the new transfer era P5 coaches need game-ready talent. That's the ONLY way Purdue as a program is going to rise up to top of the B10.

We need to get an experienced post in the transfer portal. KG is batting 1-for-1 with Harper. Now it's time to strike again.

Groot - both physically and skill-wise - looks much more ready to immediately contribute than Stoddard ever did.

Reactions: GemstateBoiler
Trust me - if she came into her freshman season ready to contribute immediately - she would've played immediately - post is the position where we were lacking going into the season so KG would not sit a 6'4 post player if she could contribute immediately as this level. She was always seen as a project - recruited by SV during a time when B10 teams could recruit "projects" - in the new transfer era P5 coaches need game-ready talent. That's the ONLY way Purdue as a program is going to rise up to top of the B10.

We need to get an experienced post in the transfer portal. KG is batting 1-for-1 with Harper. Now it's time to strike again.

Groot - both physically and skill-wise - looks much more ready to immediately contribute than Stoddard ever did.
I agree. It seems that SV recruited and received commitments from both Stoddard and Potts. Coach KG and these players stood by that, but with no pacts made . If this isn't part of the future plan now after a season of consideration for the team, then a player should look at their options without any sugarcoating of it. That is reasonable. I figure KG has a plan and I think you are accurate with our glowing need.

While Stoddard’s sister is at Butler, I’d be surprised if she goes there. She had better offers like ASU, UM and others. Her sister doesn’t play much at all at Butler. And there might be some reluctance going to the same place her HS pg is playing in Carrothers.

That said, I won’t be surprised at all if Carrothers also hits the portal this spring from Butler.

While Stoddard’s sister is at Butler, I’d be surprised if she goes there. She had better offers like ASU, UM and others. Her sister doesn’t play much at all at Butler. And there might be some reluctance going to the same place her HS pg is playing in Carrothers.

That said, I won’t be surprised at all if Carrothers also hits the portal this spring from Butler.
Why would Carrothers transfer out? She scored less than 8 ppg, started most of the games and seems to be at the proper level for her abiity. Unless she wants to go down in competition so she can be a bigger fish in a really small pond.

Why would Carrothers transfer out? She scored less than 8 ppg, started most of the games and seems to be at the proper level for her abiity. Unless she wants to go down in competition so she can be a bigger fish in a really small pond.
Carrothers would be silly to transfer out, she’s starting as a Frosh. As for Stoddard, as was said I doubt she wants to play at Butler, who knows though, there’s a connection for sure. She’s a smart girl, maybe a Valpo makes sense?

Kind of disappointing....I think she has potential. But if she's not happy, she should go where she will be.

Reactions: MichaelRR
Believe me, I was surprised when I heard that too. No idea if accurate or will happen, but the source is close to the situation.

Believe me, I was surprised when I heard that too. No idea if accurate or will happen, but the source is close to the situation.
Little disappointed, Lilly should have finished out the season. My source is good as gold, supposedly she was optimistic about next year up to a few weeks ago, wonder what happened? It’s possible that Coach told her she didn’t fit into what they wanted. Hopefully Lilly finds a nice fit for her, she’s a smart girl, a place like Valpo if she wants to play would be a nice fit.

Little disappointed, Lilly should have finished out the season. My source is good as gold, supposedly she was optimistic about next year up to a few weeks ago, wonder what happened? It’s possible that Coach told her she didn’t fit into what they wanted. Hopefully Lilly finds a nice fit for her, she’s a smart girl, a place like Valpo if she wants to play would be a nice fit.
Yes, but just leaves a bad taste when she suddenly quits the team before the B1G Tournament. Would she not have wanted to be a part of a victory like tonight’s?

Yes, but just leaves a bad taste when she suddenly quits the team before the B1G Tournament. Would she not have wanted to be a part of a victory like tonight’s?
And if you find out she had been told she could tell redshirt all year and then found out she had not been told the truth, will you still be dumping on her? If she was told she was not welcome back, should she have finished it the year? Clearly something big happened as PurdueDave was getting Intel from the family, and try weeks ago she was coming back and still cheerful about her prospects. So unless you know all the details, I think you are being a sorry person here dumping on a 19 year old. Of course you somehow KNOW that Kyle dogged her rehab and trashed her character here as well.... You are a real classy dude....... Hope being a punk to these kids makes you feel big.

Last edited:
Reactions: RMBURNS
Not going to lie, kind of caught me off guard. Maybe there’s more to it? Very possible this was Coach being honest with her about her future thus giving her a head start on looking for a new home. Lilly comes from a great family and is a good kid, it will be interesting to see how her career develops.

And if you find out she had been told she could tell sorry all year and then found out she had not been told the truth, will e you still be dumping on her? If she was told she was not welcome back, should she have finished it the year? Clearly something big happened as PurdueDave was getting Intel from the family, and try weeks ago she was coming back and still cheerful about her prospects. Do unless you know all the details, I think you are being a sorry person here dumping on a 29 year old. Of course you somehow KNOW that Kyle died her rehab and hopefully yeah her here as well.... You are a real classy dude....... Hope being a punk to these kids makes you feel big.
?

And if you find out she had been told she could tell sorry all year and then found out she had not been told the truth, will e you still be dumping on her? If she was told she was not welcome back, should she have finished it the year? Clearly something big happened as PurdueDave was getting Intel from the family, and try weeks ago she was coming back and still cheerful about her prospects. Do unless you know all the details, I think you are being a sorry person here dumping on a 29 year old. Of course you somehow KNOW that Kyle died her rehab and hopefully yeah her here as well.... You are a real classy dude....... Hope being a punk to these kids makes you feel big.
Wow, Michael, how much were you drinking or smoking last night?

Is it "dumping" on someone to say it leaves a bad taste in your mouth for the way they departed? And I thought it was pretty obvious (and the coaches at that time implied such) that Kyle's effort at rehab was disappointing.

But you have a right to your own opinion. Have a nice day, Michael. I personally am pumped that the WBB team won in great fashion last evening and was happy for their joyous post-game celebration. And I truly am sorry that the payer in question missed being a part of that. Funny that I never see you post anything along those lines. It is too bad that you only follow WBB but seem to take no joy in our Purdue team winning.

Wow, Michael, how much were you drinking or smoking last night?

Is it "dumping" on someone to say it leaves a bad taste in your mouth for the way they departed? And I thought it was pretty obvious (and the coaches at that time implied such) that Kyle's effort at rehab was disappointing.

But you have a right to your own opinion. Have a nice day, Michael. I personally am pumped that the WBB team won in great fashion last evening and was happy for their joyous post-game celebration. And I truly am sorry that the payer in question missed being a part of that. Funny that I never see you post anything along those lines. It is too bad that you only follow WBB but seem to take no joy in our Purdue team winning.
Talking about what happens on the court should be allowed to be an open discussion, but you do your best to tone police that... Then you turn around and shit talk the players character that leave when you don't know jack shit about them or the situation. To me that makes you a scum bag.

Talking about what happens on the court should be allowed to be an open discussion, but you do your best to tone police that... Then you turn around and shit talk the players character that leave when you don't know jack shit about them or the situation. To me that makes you a scum bag.
Good evening to you, Michael.

I’m hearing IUN RedHawks for Carrothers, you hearing this? Guys I work with tell me she misses home and wants to just play the game and have fun with her best friend that goes there. IUN had a good season for them, still odd if true but if that’s what she wants to do more power to her!

I have not heard anything lately on this, but if the JC thing to IUN is real, that would be a head scratcher considering those around her felt she was deserving of better offers than the initial U of Indy and Valpo types she got. She only got Butler once Austin P switched jobs.

Good for Stoddard going to Butler. Hopefully she will have time to develop there. As I mentioned here when she signed, moves fairly well, blocks shots, but offensively has always been a project. Will assume her sister, who hasn’t played much at BU, is planning on sticking around there, I guess.

I have not heard anything lately on this, but if the JC thing to IUN is real, that would be a head scratcher considering those around her felt she was deserving of better offers than the initial U of Indy and Valpo types she got. She only got Butler once Austin P switched jobs.

Good for Stoddard going to Butler. Hopefully she will have time to develop there. As I mentioned here when she signed, moves fairly well, blocks shots, but offensively has always been a project. Will assume her sister, who hasn’t played much at BU, is planning on sticking around there, I guess.
We’ll see on Carothers, if she just wants to play to have fun so be it. I’m sure her dad is pushing for her to stay at Butler, sometimes a kid has other ideas lol

ADVERTISEMENT