ADVERTISEMENT

Let us never forget what is really important

Jun 28, 2016
Ladies and gentlemen... I am a visiting Iowa fan and I have been doing some thinking today.

2020 has been a strange year for billions of people and I suspect Purdue fans are no exception.

We have seen a pandemic challenge both our institutions and all of us as individuals. We have watched and listened as a new generation of Americans remind us that even though we've come a long way in regards to racial inequality, we still have a long ways to go. We have endured a political campaign with accelerating vitriol and mistrust aired in increasingly shocking manners many though impossible after the unity we felt less than 20 years ago after those towers fell.

And finally we have football again, a tradition that reminds us what is possible when we work hard in unity. And which brings us so much joy.

I am reminded to never forget what is really important and that is....

We hate Purdue. And we have always hated Purdue. I can't wait to watch the Hawkeyes bash your stupid skulls in tomorrow!

Ladies and gentlemen... I am a visiting Iowa fan and I have been doing some thinking today.

2020 has been a strange year for billions of people and I suspect Purdue fans are no exception.

We have seen a pandemic challenge both our institutions and all of us as individuals. We have watched and listened as a new generation of Americans remind us that even though we've come a long way in regards to racial inequality, we still have a long ways to go. We have endured a political campaign with accelerating vitriol and mistrust aired in increasingly shocking manners many though impossible after the unity we felt less than 20 years ago after those towers fell.

And finally we have football again, a tradition that reminds us what is possible when we work hard in unity. And which brings us so much joy.

We hate Purdue. And we have always hated Purdue. I can't wait to watch the Hawkeyes bash your stupid skulls in tomorrow!

LOL...

oops... If you're searching for racial inequality, you might look no farther than your own coaching staff.

We hate you guys too.

Sorry, even without Brohm and Moore, I think you will still be disappointed with the final score.

Boiler Up!

images

LOL...

oops... If you're searching for racial inequality, you might look no farther than your own coaching staff.

Please. A hard ass strength and conditioning coach who treated everybody like they were in marine boot camp pissed some guys off (black and white) who didn't like being pushed hard, He was a jerk. If you knew anything about the attorney trying to make this a "thing", you'd know he's the classic opportunist race-bating ambulance chaser.

That's a far cry from the entire coaching staff being overtly racist. Most of the coaches in FCS don't have the character of Ferentz. You'd be hard pressed to find a program where so many guys come back after their playing days to work out and be part of the culture...regardless of race.

I think Brohm is a class act as well.

Reactions: Purdue85
Please. A hard ass strength and conditioning coach who treated everybody like they were in marine boot camp pissed some guys off (black and white) who didn't like being pushed hard, He was a jerk. If you knew anything about the attorney trying to make this a "thing", you'd know he's the classic opportunist race-bating ambulance chaser.

That's a far cry from the entire coaching staff being overtly racist. Most of the coaches in FCS don't have the character of Ferentz. You'd be hard pressed to find a program where so many guys come back after their playing days to work out and be part of the culture...regardless of race.

I think Brohm is a class act as well.

fair enough.

Although, you'd be hard pressed to make the case Iowa leads in the area of players coming back.

And, it's duly noted you chose to take issue with MY post/points.

;)

fair enough.

Although, you'd be hard pressed to make the case Iowa leads in the area of players coming back.

And, it's duly noted you chose to take issue with MY post/points.

;)

I don't know how you'd measure something like that. I do know that former players who make the NFL and those who don't...routinely show up at the IOWA football facility to work out and are always welcomed back. That's been a part of the culture under KFz and players of all races talk about how much it means to them.

I don't know how you'd measure something like that. I do know that former players who make the NFL and those who don't...routinely show up at the IOWA football facility to work out and are always welcomed back. That's been a part of the culture under KFz and players of all races talk about how much it means to them.
Dude... you're the one who made the assertion.

So, yeah... "I don't know how you'd measure something like that"

Dude... you're the one who made the assertion.

So, yeah... "I don't know how you'd measure something like that"

whatever, you get the idea. I have no problem with you, man. Purdue folks have been pretty decent as far as I can see. I come in peace.

We'll never have racial equality, till we get rid of affirmative action and stop give native Americans a free ride for life!
You could have stopped at the first comma. While we should all strive to treat each other well and follow the Golden Rule the human beast has never achieved racial equality nor will it ever.

Did you enjoy watching the Hawkeyes bash our skulls in today?

Ha ha ha!You got chumped by a walkon QB and RB,and a young team without their head coach.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT