ADVERTISEMENT

Leading up to game vs Iowa

Boiler_HD

True Freshman
Oct 26, 2011
San Diego, CA
I have not been able to keep up with "preseason" as much as years past. I just had a couple questions regarding the team and overall opinion.

1. How has Rondale looked in practices leading up to Iowa, I haven't heard much on him, concerns me a bit (Though we do have a deep WR room)?
2. Has any RB separated themselves with regards to getting the lions-share of the workload?
3. Is our QB competition really that close, seems to me Plummer should be #1 here.
4. How has the D looked with Neal back?

Any and all opinions are welcome!

Boiler Up my friends!

But, many would say the top three Boilermakers would all make Iowa or just about any Big Ten team better.

This will be a great game to watch. Any given Saturday, we have seen some surprise in Iowa at Purdue.

1985 being one of them. How did Iowa get out that one alive?

With covid-19, it is hard to know much, until we see pregame.

Reactions: BoilersRock

But, many would say the top three Boilermakers would all make Iowa or just about any Big Ten team better.

This will be a great game to watch. Any given Saturday, we have seen some surprise in Iowa at Purdue.

Top 5 players at their position. There are at least 4 for Purdue. WR - Rondale; WR - Bell; DE - Karlaftis; Nose guard - Neal. My guess is there will be more at the end of the season.

Reactions: Purdue85
Iowa has the top interior DL in Big Ten per list. He didn't play at Iowa last year.

4 of 5 OL on list for Iowa and IU transfer is only one not on list. He is scheduled to play RT.

Nixon had a good game for Iowa last year against Purdue. He is now the starter. Neal is coming off injury. As I remember in 2018, he had several mental mistakes, penalties, that were costly in certain games.

Iowa has the top interior DL in Big Ten per list. He didn't play at Iowa last year.

4 of 5 OL on list for Iowa and IU transfer is only one not on list. He is scheduled to play RT.

Nixon had a good game for Iowa last year against Purdue. He is now the starter. Neal is coming off injury. As I remember in 2018, he had several mental mistakes, penalties, that were costly in certain games.

Neal will be drafted in the first 5 rounds no problem, maybe as high as round 2. So...

This article lost all credibility when they omitted Karlaftis

His rating was lower than I thought it would be. How was his attributes against run in 2019?

He was very good off edge pass rushing.
Read for yourself...they've also picked Karlaftis, Moore, Bell, Neal, and Barnes as All Big Ten players. This is a much more realistic article than what you've shared.

Costly mental mistakes and penalties? I believe you are thinking of LB Jones who has left the program.

Costly mental mistakes and penalties? I believe you are thinking of LB Jones who has left the program.

no it was Neal who had 2 very bad penalties late in games that were still winnable. I believe one of them occured in the 2018 season opener when he suplexed an opposing player to the ground

no it was Neal who had 2 very bad penalties late in games that were still winnable. I believe one of them occured in the 2018 season opener when he suplexed an opposing player to the ground
Northwestern game was one I recall. I watched it.

My first college game after all was in West Lafayette.

I have known and loved Purdue friends over the years. A good friend shared a great memory of the Iowa-Purdue win in 1981.

That was the first win in 20 years for Iowa.

Will Iowa get 12th win under Kirk Ferentz tomorrow?

If so, he will be 12-6, not counting his first win in the series in 1981 as a rookie OL coach.

Black & Gold. We share the ❤ though we see it literally different.

ADVERTISEMENT