ADVERTISEMENT

LEADERSHIP

that was a garbage ? asked by the reporter. There are so many plays one can point, how about if Gillis hits the 3 to tie it up or the missed FT's, the many TO's in first half
I think it's a fair question because it came at the end of the game. Smith's initial answer was strong, but Edey showed real leadership there. And he's right. Play better in the first half and Purdue potentially wins.

I think it's a fair question because it came at the end of the game. Smith's initial answer was strong, but Edey showed real leadership there. And he's right. Play better in the first half and Purdue potentially wins.
Yep- a first half TO that led to a runout was more costly than Braden’s TO.

Reactions: Do Dah Day
There was one in the second half when we were down by 2. It was a low pass to Zach who was double teamed. They gave the turnover to Zach on that one it looks like but that was a tough pass. JHS hit a midrange jumper on the other end.

Reactions: Do Dah Day
There was one in the second half when we were down by 2. It was a low pass to Zach who was double teamed. They gave the turnover to Zach on that one it looks like but that was a tough pass. JHS hit a midrange jumper on the other end.
Yep, ball was thrown to Zach’s thigh. He kind of pinned it to his leg but the IU players stripped it out.

DD seems really anti-Purdue now. Not surprising. Maybe because he is off the air? Does he still have a local radio show in Indy?

Reactions: drewjin and tjreese
Dan is simply wrong wiht his intent to stir up some action. Braden did NOT pass blame. He explained what happened and what he was thinking. Zach did NOT excuse that mistake, but rather offered that there were several instances in the game that led to Purdue losing. I'm pretty confident that Matt saw all the mistakes and will attempt to address all of them with equal severity and understanding. Braden leaves his feet to pass sometimes which can be problems, but this is just Dan doing Dan things...

TJ is on the money. Dakich referenced Bird and Magic talking trash. True, but they also would have and did make comments backing up teammates in the same regard as Zach backing up Braden.

This is definitely Dakich merely trying out a contrarian hot take, and/or another demonstration of his lack of English comprehension.

You have to hand it to Dakich, though. Nobody has gotten more mileage out of Michael Jordan getting into early foul trouble and Dean Smith's subsequent cautiousness in a regional semi. It's really quite impressive.

TJ is on the money. Dakich referenced Bird and Magic talking trash. True, but they also would have and did make comments backing up teammates in the same regard as Zach backing up Braden.

This is definitely Dakich merely trying out a contrarian hot take, and/or another demonstration of his lack of English comprehension.

You have to hand it to Dakich, though. Nobody has gotten more mileage out of Michael Jordan getting into early foul trouble and Dean Smith's subsequent cautiousness in a regional semi. It's really quite impressive.
Ant Wright has a YouTube video dispelling Dan’s claim to fame on shutting down MJ. More myth than reality.

Also, 2 weeks ago, Dan was saying Woody was lazy and spent more time smoking cigars and watching CNN than coaching kid.

Ah, good ol DD. This was discussed here a little last year too but something snapped in that guy. Maybe when he was doing games for ESPN he had to give the appearance of being non-biased because would have Coach Painter on and be falling over himself complimenting CMP and the Purdue program. Something changed last year right before the game in Bloomington though. He became not just critical of Purdue but just a hateful ass toward Purdue fan callers and on Twitter. It was strange. Many will say that was always his true colors, but it was an odd transformation. Not surprised that he would try to have a hot take and go after Smith and Edey here. I’m sure Dan knows that despite the final score on Saturday that IU was pretty lucky to escape with that win. I especially think it’s funny that he referred to them “kicking the crap out of Purdue”. Uh, they won by four based on basically Purdue kicking the crap out of themselves with turnovers and missed FTs.

Dakich asked Dane Fife in an interview last week, what he thought of everyone all of a sudden saying Matt Painter was best coach in CBB. Fife said a lot of nice things about Matt and the program and something like he has to be in that discussion. Dan then said , don't know how you can be when u lose to St Peters and North Texas.

He is a total ass to Purdue and Matt now and it must all be his insecurities. He is only and always looking for sound bites.

Dakich asked Dane Fife in an interview last week, what he thought of everyone all of a sudden saying Matt Painter was best coach in CBB. Fife said a lot of nice things about Matt and the program and something like he has to be in that discussion. Dan then said , don't know how you can be when u lose to St Peters and North Texas.

He is a total ass to Purdue and Matt now and it must all be his insecurities. He is only and always looking for sound bites.
Lol. Yes because there are so many programs that have never been victims to an upset.

His reaction to Zack Edey’s comments is so completely wrong that I truly question his integrity and sanity. Wow! Just wow!

DD is now dead to me and will receive no further credibility in my mind, not that it means much, but I’m done with him. My damnation and $3.90 will buy a cup of coffee at Starbucks, so I’m sure DD will be humbled by my strongly expressed hostility. :cool:.

Last edited:
Reactions: Professor Emeritus
The errors early in the game were every bit as important and had they not happened the others "might" not have happened. I can guarantee that Matt will treat the earlier errors as important as the later errors and so to focus on a desperate play at the end without reference to those earlier plays being important is to deny the continuity of a game, which a coach won't...and Zach being above that tried to straighten out the record. A minute of so before the same situation led to Brandon hitting a 3 at teh same exact spot where the ball was thrown and caught. IU read it that time and got the ball.

A lot of hate and jealousy for the #1 team in the nation. Everyone else is looking up at Purdue and trying to poke holes as much as they can. Take it as a compliment. Purdue is really, really good and a lot of people can't handle it.

ADVERTISEMENT