ADVERTISEMENT

Larry Elder says slave owners were entitled to reparations...

There would 100% be a slave trade without native African people cooperating with whites.

Both sides can't be taking advantage of an economic situation to the same degree if one party literally created and decided upon the economic conditions.

Why the hell do you cape for the innocence of enslavers from centuries ago who share nothing with you apart from skin tone? We have more in common with the slaves than we ever will with the masters.
Define "we"

Blacks thrived during this reconstruction period until the klan was born and Jim Crow started. Slave owners don’t deserve reparations. Let me ask you, do blacks deserve reparations?
The "kangs" were easily caught. Stop trying to use white people to make up for that fact, Stephen. If you get reparations then you immediately should give them to me.

Reactions: SKYDOG
Reconstruction, seven to eight after the Civil War, was a good thing for blacks. During this short lived period, black were able to vote freely, elected to public office state legislature as well as Congress, purchase land etc. When reconstruction was over, all hell broke loose. The klan emerged. Jim Crow began. Lynching were frequent etc

Elder was right? Bullsh*t. Why is it ok for slave owners to get freakin reparations because they lost their "property" and not ok for the descendants of actual slaves?
You've got to look at what laws existed at the time. During slavery, slaves were considered property and people PAID MONEY to get them. That is just a fact and I'm not getting into whether slavery was moral. Those people lost their property, based on government action (changing the laws), so you can make a case for compensating them for their loss.

I don't think anyone would have any problem with reparations for anyone, who had been a slave. It's been over 150 years, since anyone owned a slave in the US. What would you be getting reparations for?

Whites get blamed for slavery all the time, but let's go back to the source. Black tribes captured other Blacks in Africa and sold them to the Dutch traders, who subsequently sold them here. Why not seek reparations from the people, who started the slave trading chain?

Reconstruction, seven to eight after the Civil War, was a good thing for blacks. During this short lived period, black were able to vote freely, elected to public office state legislature as well as Congress, purchase land etc. When reconstruction was over, all hell broke loose. The klan emerged. Jim Crow began. Lynching were frequent etc

Elder was right? Bullsh*t. Why is it ok for slave owners to get freakin reparations because they lost their "property" and not ok for the descendants of actual slaves?
Thank the Dems. They gave you the Klan & Jim Crow laws, yet somehow they've conned you into voting for them. That's gotta be embarrassing.

Reactions: SKYDOG
No sh*t. He is running for Governor in CA. What is your point?
He's gotta be better than Arrogant, Elitist Gavin "Do as I say, don't do as I do" Newsom. He is singlehandedly trying to destroy that state through his incompetence. Newsom is a more articulate, younger version of Biden. Both dumb as posts.

You keep bringing up the Africans who sold the other Africans to the Europeans. Once the slaves got here to America, that is America's burden. We don't live in Africa. We live here in America. The point is why is a black man saying that slave owners should receive reparations for losing their slaves after the Civil War. Then, the same black man doesn't believe that blacks should get reparations. Do you agree with that slave owners deserve reparations?
Neither the slave owners, nor the slaves are alive today. NOBODY got reparations and it's about 150 years too late to start down that road now. Let it go.

Live YOUR life the best way you know how and if you have kids, try to help them have a better life than you did. That's what you have absolute control over, so do your best. Being angry about shit that happened 150 years ago is just distracting you from improving YOUR life.

Reactions: bonefish1
Because their "property" (slaves) were taken away after the Civil War. If anyone wonders why I call these folks Gumbo/Sambos, watch this video. Naturally he's says this on Candace Owens' show. And y'all think that he should be Governor of California. Yeah, ok.

Don't you fret your race centric mind at all...
between ballot harvesting and printing your own ballots will allow enough cheating to keep your boy Newsom going. One thing Dems do SO well.....cheat to get power, and in California they are masters at it.

There would 100% be a slave trade without native African people cooperating with whites.

Both sides can't be taking advantage of an economic situation to the same degree if one party literally created and decided upon the economic conditions.

Why the hell do you cape for the innocence of enslavers from centuries ago who share nothing with you apart from skin tone? We have more in common with the slaves than we ever will with the masters.
Get over your White guilt. Slavery is still prominent in Africa today. The US Cotton farmers didn't create it and when we abolished slavery in the US over 150 years ago, slavery still continued to the present day throughout much of the rest of the world.

Considering that gun manufacturers etc. lobby against any sort of firearm legislation, to the point where we've now become ok with regular school shootings – yes, absolutely.
You really need to stop mainlining all the crap CNN is feeding you. There are currently over 20K Federal, State & Local Gun Laws on the books. Do you honestly believe that passing gun law #20,001 will be the panacea that will keep anyone from ever being shot again? Perhaps we might try ENFORCING the laws on the books already. Perhaps giving someone, who uses a gun in a crime an additional 5 yrs of prison time on top of the sentence for his other crimes might deter gun use.

It's incredible that the same people, who want to coddle criminals and defund the Police, are the ones most adamant about taking away guns. Why? What's really their agenda?

About 99+% of the gun owners follow the laws and a very small group of CRIMINALS are the ones misusing the guns, but of course ALL GUNS ARE EVIL. Would it shock you to know that guns are inanimate objects?

Neither the slave owners, nor the slaves are alive today. NOBODY got reparations and it's about 150 years too late to start down that road now. Let it go.

Live YOUR life the best way you know how and if you have kids, try to help them have a better life than you did. That's what you have absolute control over, so do your best. Being angry about shit that happened 150 years ago is just distracting you from improving YOUR life.
I hardly talk about reparations because I know they won’t happen. You don’t get the point. You guys get on me for calling select black people Gumbo/Sambos. The point of my post is to show y’all why in all these folks Gumbo/Sambos. You got a black man, interviewed by Candace Owens of all people, talking about making an argument that slave owners should get reparations. At the same time against reparations for blacks. That is why Elder and Owens are Gumbo/Sambos. Like the old saying goes, I’m glad it wasn’t up the them to free the slaves.

You've got to look at what laws existed at the time. During slavery, slaves were considered property and people PAID MONEY to get them. That is just a fact and I'm not getting into whether slavery was moral. Those people lost their property, based on government action (changing the laws), so you can make a case for compensating them for their loss.

I don't think anyone would have any problem with reparations for anyone, who had been a slave. It's been over 150 years, since anyone owned a slave in the US. What would you be getting reparations for?

Whites get blamed for slavery all the time, but let's go back to the source. Black tribes captured other Blacks in Africa and sold them to the Dutch traders, who subsequently sold them here. Why not seek reparations from the people, who started the slave trading chain?
Shhhh.....how dare you. Don't you know that when discussing slavery, you're never allowed to discuss how African blacks were originally captured by other black Africans and sold to whites. Slavery is strictly a white sin.

Reactions: BoilerMadness
I hardly talk about reparations because I know they won’t happen. You don’t get the point. You guys get on me for calling select black people Gumbo/Sambos. The point of my post is to show y’all why in all these folks Gumbo/Sambos. You got a black man, interviewed by Candace Owens of all people, talking about making an argument that slave owners should get reparations. At the same time against reparations for blacks. That is why Elder and Owens are Gumbo/Sambos. Like the old saying goes, I’m glad it wasn’t up the them to free the slaves.
150 years ago, a case could be made for reparations for both, but when it's mentioned now by politicians, they're just pandering for votes.

Since I have no idea what Gumbo/Sambo is, I won't touch it.

For the most part, I like both Owens & Elder. I didn't hear the conversation, so I don't know the context.

Shhhh.....how dare you. Don't you know that when discussing slavery, you're never allowed to discuss how African blacks were originally captured by other black Africans and sold to whites. Slavery is strictly a white sin.
I have NO White guilt, since I have no reason to.

Reactions: TwinDegrees2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT