ADVERTISEMENT

Lady Boilers/Maryland Game tonight.

Russ Ford

True Freshman
Mar 24, 2018
Big game and a huge opportunity for our Lady Boilers tonight in Mackey. A chance for a win against a team in the Top 25. Also, and maybe more importantly, a win could mean a chance to break into the Top 25 themselves next week. I'm not sure how long it's been since they've been ranked but it's been awhile. It would represent another huge step in Coach Katie Geralds rebuilding this program.

Definitely can't have another big turnover game. But if they take care of the ball, knock down shots and rebound decently, I think they can pull off the upset. It'll be fun to watch.

Big game and a huge opportunity for our Lady Boilers tonight in Mackey. A chance for a win against a team in the Top 25. Also, and maybe more importantly, a win could mean a chance to break into the Top 25 themselves next week. I'm not sure how long it's been since they've been ranked but it's been awhile. It would represent another huge step in Coach Katie Geralds rebuilding this program.

Definitely can't have another big turnover game. But if they take care of the ball, knock down shots and rebound decently, I think they can pull off the upset. It'll be fun to watch.
Maryland is ranked on reputation only at this point, not on their play so far this year. They just lost at home by over 20 to Nebraska. IF we have aspirations for making the NCAA's, this is a must win game IMHO, and right now one we should win at home. Win this one and at worst we should go no worse than 10-8 in conference play, lose and we could go as low as 8-10...... tonight will be a good measuring stick about how good we can be IMO.

Last edited:
Maryland is ranked on reputation only at this point, not on their play so far this year. They just lost at home by over 20 to Nebraska. IF we have asperations for making the NCAA's, this is a must win game IMHO, and right now one we should win at home.

They have victories AT Baylor and Notre Dame. That's why they are in the top 25. This isn't a must win game. A close loss to MD won't have any play to the committee come March. The W at Michigan State was the must-win of the 2. We need to beat our bubble team competitors and MD isn't anywhere close to the bubble even after their surprising L to Nebraska the other night.

They have victories AT Baylor and Notre Dame. That's why they are in the top 25. This isn't a must win game. A close loss to MD won't have any play to the committee come March. The W at Michigan State was the must-win of the 2. We need to beat our bubble team competitors and MD isn't anywhere close to the bubble even after their surprising L to Nebraska the other night.
UMary also lost to a mediocre DePaul team..... they are either very bipolar or not that good. I think Baylor is coasting on reputation as well as Maryland is. The win at MSU is great, but loses at home hurt you bad in the NET rankings, that is why I think this is a must win to get us comfortably in and off the bubble.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT