ADVERTISEMENT

Kyle is Transferring Out

Saying the obvious agsin.KG has to build a competitive front line.
And it will take a couple of years or more. They don't grow on trees. And I don't see any elite front line players on the current roster or of those that have been recruited and have verballed to come to Purdue. Ever since Sharon Versyp took over as HC, having a dominant front line at Purdue has been nonexistent for the most part. Katie has to make it an emphasis in her recruiting, but again they don't grow on trees.

Reactions: Purdue_BS_90
And it will take a couple of years or more. They don't grow on trees. And I don't see any elite front line players on the current roster or of those that have been recruited and have verballed to come to Purdue. Ever since Sharon Versyp took over as HC, having a dominant front line at Purdue has been nonexistent for the most part. Katie has to make it an emphasis in her recruiting, but again they don't grow on trees.
Which is why losing Kyle is a big deal. Even average talent centers are not abundant, and you cannot teach heights. Kyle is the best center in there portal, getting lots of attention.

Which is why losing Kyle is a big deal. Even average talent centers are not abundant, and you cannot teach heights. Kyle is the best center in there portal, getting lots of attention.
Damn....we agree on something. Lol.

She elected to transfer, she didn’t play for over half of the season. I’m sure she’s a good kid and she’ll do well elsewhere, however, she averaged 5 points a game and maybe 6 rebounds a game last year when she played, those numbers shouldn’t be hard to replace. Key now is getting someone in the portal that will be a better fit than Kyle, guessing that Coach will find one.

There are only a handfull of centers in the portal, only two of which are P5 level players I think. Kyle and a sulking big girl from OreSU that their fans were happy to see leave because of her on court attitude. There is no Naz Hillman type in the portal, just a whole lot of guards that want to go somewhere they can shoot anytime they want to. ITs unlikely we will see another post on campus until the fall of 24 as all the class of 23 posts are committed. Our best hope is Thomas(?) from Ohio class of 22.

Which is why losing Kyle is a big deal. Even average talent centers are not abundant, and you cannot teach heights. Kyle is the best center in there portal, getting lots of
There are only a handfull of centers in the portal, only two of which are P5 level players I think. Kyle and a sulking big girl from OreSU that their fans were happy to see leave because of her on court attitude. There is no Naz Hillman type in the portal, just a whole lot of guards that want to go somewhere they can shoot anytime they want to. ITs unlikely we will see another post on campus until the fall of 24 as all the class of 23 posts are committed. Our best hope is Thomas(?) from Ohio class of 22.
Won’t miss her

Reactions: DavidBoiler
Won’t miss her
probably won't miss not going to the NCAA, not getting double digit BT wins, or a not getting a 20 win season without Kyle either, but hey, not everyone that is a fan of the team is rooting for them to win all they can apparently. I think with Kyal all year, we win three more games and make the NCAA. Without Kyle, having to rely on Woltman and a guard backing her up, I think the results will be about the same as this year.

probably won't miss not going to the NCAA, not getting double digit BT wins, or a not getting a 20 win season without Kyle either, but hey, not everyone that is a fan of the team is rooting for them to win all they can apparently. I think with Kyal all year, we win three more games and make the NCAA. Without Kyle, having to rely on Woltman and a guard backing her up, I think the results will be about the same as this year.
Disagree and agree. The offense flowed better without Kyle. Not many people can pass like Williams but Kyle just went to the basket no matter the defense. She wasn't a good mover and clogged the lane for the guards. On defense didn't really protect the lane and did not hustle. Hope she finds a place that works for her but think it's a good thing for the team as long as CKG can find a quality post or two. Woltman, learn and Stoderd seem like good depth players but should not be our primary post.

Disagree and agree. The offense flowed better without Kyle. Not many people can pass like Williams but Kyle just went to the basket no matter the defense. She wasn't a good mover and clogged the lane for the guards. On defense didn't really protect the lane and did not hustle. Hope she finds a place that works for her but think it's a good thing for the team as long as CKG can find a quality post or two. Woltman, learn and Stoderd seem like good depth players but should not be our primary post.
Learn is a guard playing way out of position. There are THREE P5 quality posts in the transfer portal that I can find, a 6'6" girl from OreSt that never recovered from an ACL two years ago, played half this year and was visibly immobile on that leg; a 6'2" PF from UK that was twice suspended for rules violations; and Kyle. Unless we get Thomas, Woltman and Stoddard are the only posts we have unless they dragoon Learn into it again, or Learn leaves to avoid having to play in the post.

probably won't miss not going to the NCAA, not getting double digit BT wins, or a not getting a 20 win season without Kyle either, but hey, not everyone that is a fan of the team is rooting for them to win all they can apparently. I think with Kyal all year, we win three more games and make the NCAA. Without Kyle, having to rely on Woltman and a guard backing her up, I think the results will be about the same as this

So your saying she had talent to take us to the next level That would require a lot of hard work effort drive stamina and desire

So your saying she had talent to take us to the next level That would require a lot of hard work effort drive stamina and desire
I'm saying she was likely the difference in winning or losing three games if we would have had her this year for BT play, and not having her next year we might actually regress having to rely on Woltman as or only center all year

Reactions: Purdue_BS_90
6'3" Mimi Collins just entered the portal leaving Maryland, looking for a graduate school program in Communications.

Man, des. I have tried over and over to respect your many years of experience and impressive knowledge. But it just seems you can’t stop being a “get-off-my-lawn” dick.
Indiana and it used to be that fans of Purdue wbb would know about a player of her stature. Not only did the team decline, but also the coverage of recruiting which used to be very highly ranked nationally.

Last edited:
Man, des. I have tried over and over to respect your many years of experience and impressive knowledge. But it just seems you can’t stop being a “get-off-my-lawn” dick.

ADVERTISEMENT