ADVERTISEMENT

King Doerue vs Horvath

pulax78

Gold Member
Sep 20, 2001
Plantation, FL
Horvath had one or two nice runs, otherwise ineffective. His inability to run parallel to the line and up-field was evident. I was expecting see much more of KD.

Yeah. Seeing it live he just had zero burst. He didn't have great holes, but openings were there, he just couldn't get thru them.

Still not fully believing that happened. Woke up shaking my head. Must have been doing it in my dreams

Horvath had one or two nice runs, otherwise ineffective. His inability to run parallel to the line and up-field was evident. I was expecting see much more of KD.

There's a reason you see very, very few white tailbacks at the P5 level (Christian McCaffery being one of those rare exceptions).

Because the holes weren't big, I think the coaches felt like Horvath's power would be beneficial. That said, I disagreed with the announcers and thought he needs to run with a lower pad level. He was stood up several times.

I focused Doerue on several occasions. His pass blocking was not very good and he looked lost on a few pass routes. He will get better, but I'm sure the coaches noticed and may have been hesitant to play him more due to that. Keep in mind how young the RBs are.

I would like to see more Doerue as I think he gives that chance to break the long one but I think Horvath brings good things. May have to use them like Knox and Jones.

Reactions: Purdue11
Let's face it this is going to be a crap situation all year. I'm excited for the future at the position, but this game is a microcosm of the running back issue. The game gets salted away with Knox and Jones last year. The game would have never been in doubt. I still don't know if we've seen enough of Fuller to know how much it would help, but this is really bad.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT