ADVERTISEMENT

King Doerue out vs. Iowa

I could be off-base here, and I'm certainly not in the mood to extend any grace on the issue, but hamstring issues are a symptom of the bullsh*t pulled by the conference "leadership".

Trying to get a group of players ready for a season after this (crap) show has to be a challenge.

Reactions: BBG
I could be off-base here, and I'm certainly not in the mood to extend any grace on the issue, but hamstring issues are a symptom of the bullsh*t pulled by the conference "leadership".

Trying to get a group of players ready for a season after this (crap) show has to be a challenge.
Get what you're saying. But other B1G teams don't have two key players out this week due to sickness, injury, or other...

Get what you're saying. But other B1G teams don't have two key players out this week due to sickness, injury, or other...

Either there's merit to my point or there isn't.

As I wrote, "I could be off-base here..."

I haven't paid attention to the players other programs have out, "key" players or not. Hamstrings are going to happen. The current circumstances can contribute to that.

Edit:

Looking around the league, there are a number of players out for "undisclosed" reasons.

OSU has 16, per one source.

Last edited:
I think Hewitt is a smaller back. Alfred Armour at RB4 seems to be a fullback
My bad. I got Armour and Hewitt mixed up. I still don't understand the love fest for Horvath. I guess that would explain Brohm's comments on not having an elusive back. Really sad with the number of skill players we have, we can't find someone better than Horvath. Don't see us running to the edge...

We'll see how this plays out. But what we saw from Purdue today was not a great offense. Simple as that.
Very true. And I will grant you I’m not happy with the quarterback decision, win or lose today I do not like that outcome. But this offense will be night and day better with Jeff Brohm back on the sidelines and Rondale and King starting so I’m not too disappointed with a WIN today

Reactions: SKYDOG and Purdue85
We'll see how this plays out. But what we saw from Purdue today was not a great offense. Simple as that.

Pat, sometimes I wonder what planet you're living on. ;)

Our stud couldn't play. Our feature back couldn't play. Our HC and playcaller couldn't be on the field, calling the game, resulting in a coach calling plays for the first time in his career.

Our OL was immensely better than what we saw last year. We moved the ball pretty well.

All that coming off the past few months, which was turned into a parody by those clueless dolts in the B1G office.

Dude.

Pat, sometimes I wonder what planet you're living on. ;)

Our stud couldn't play. Our feature back couldn't play. Our HC and playcaller couldn't be on the field, calling the game, resulting in a coach calling plays for the first time in his career.

Our OL was immensely better than what we saw last year. We moved the ball pretty well.

All that coming off the past few months, which was turned into a parody by those clueless dolts in the B1G office.

Dude.
Again, we'll see how this plays out. I'm hopeful Rondale ends up actually playing. And I agree play calling will get better with CJB available.

I thought the linebackers played well tonight. Mitchell made many plays and Alexander was everywhere stripping ball carriers. Barnes was a little quiet but we know what he can do. Graham needs some more experience but I like his upside.
I thought Mitchell played great today. Loads of potential for him. Great addition to the team.

Yes, we will!
There are many reasons for fans to like what they see, and enjoy a win. ESPECIALLY when the team responded down the stretch like that!

The air is a fresher and a little crisper this morning.....the birds are chirping in harmony.....the grass is greener.....and the aches are seemingly gone.....still basking in the aftermath and the fellowship of the Boilermaker community. The cherry on top is enjoying a win over The Most Hated Rival. The team responded down the stretch on both sides of the ball, and the breaks went Purdue's way.......what a concept!

Long way to go, and sure there are some concerns....but I definitely enjoyed the way the Boilers hung in there and pulled it out of the fire. Looking forward to Mr. Moore's and King's return. Nice job, O-line as others have pointed out.

paying price for lousy recruiting. No RBs. No LBs. Too many holes.
That’s easy to say, we are not a perennial running team and recruiting to West Lafayette is like recruiting to Winston Salem. It’s not a “Destiination” and never will be for football. CJB has done a good job which will become a better job at recruiting once he pulls out a winning record.

The air is a fresher and a little crisper this morning.....the birds are chirping in harmony.....the grass is greener.....and the aches are seemingly gone.....still basking in the aftermath and the fellowship of the Boilermaker community. The cherry on top is enjoying a win over The Most Hated Rival. The team responded down the stretch on both sides of the ball, and the breaks went Purdue's way.......what a concept!

Long way to go, and sure there are some concerns....but I definitely enjoyed the way the Boilers hung in there and pulled it out of the fire. Looking forward to Mr. Moore's and King's return. Nice job, O-line as others have pointed out.
Well said! There are certainly concerns, but there’s a lot you can build on with a W. Momentum matters a lot, guys will always be willing to work harder the next game when things go right the game before. When you start getting the ball to bounce your way you get convinced that “if I just work a little bit harder more of that will happen”. And that’s how you can build upon a game like that. That’s how you win perhaps a game here or there that you’re not necessarily expected to win.

Reactions: Inspector100
ADVERTISEMENT