ADVERTISEMENT

Kicking news

We appear to be kicking that situation down the road. :cool:

I think I'm always surprised that there aren't more kids working on kicking skills. Yeah, it's a low reward-high risk kind of job, but compared to other positions, it's one that if you can do well well at, you can stay in the league for a long time and make some bakeesh (just looked up Adam Vinateri, he's worth 25 mil.). Heck, even in college it's a great way to get a schollie and a free education somewhere, and after you're done kicking you can still walk and use all of your faculties.

Plus there's the chicks. There's alllllways the chicks.

Reactions: Zaphod_B
I think I'm always surprised that there aren't more kids working on kicking skills. Yeah, it's a low reward-high risk kind of job, but compared to other positions, it's one that if you can do well well at, you can stay in the league for a long time and make some bakeesh (just looked up Adam Vinateri, he's worth 25 mil.). Heck, even in college it's a great way to get a schollie and a free education somewhere, and after you're done kicking you can still walk and use all of your faculties.

Plus there's the chicks. There's alllllways the chicks.
Long snapper is the one I would work one. Even if your an average athlete, you can get a schollie to long snap and it’s an easily learned skill

It could be a problem this Fall.

However, we really have not had a PK as a weapon since Wiggs.

It could be a problem this Fall.

However, we really have not had a PK as a weapon since Wiggs.

Dellinger was 20/25 over his last two years with a long of 53 yards. He was also 55/55 on extra points. Over his last two years, Wiggs was 34/44 (with a long of 53 yards) and 66/67 on extra points. Now, Wiggs clearly had a bigger leg, but Dellinger was reliable.

Last edited:
Reactions: PaBoiler78
Hey...KYBoiler. I hope that didn't come off as too argumentative. I loved Wiggs and wish he'd gotten his shot at a 65 or 70 yarder (there was a great opportunity right before half against Minnesota his senior year), but I'm just not sure Dellinger got enough credit. Unlike some kickers we've had in the past, at least I didn't cringe when he lined up for 35-yard kick!

Hey...KYBoiler. I hope that didn't come off as too argumentative. I loved Wiggs and wish he'd gotten his shot at a 65 or 70 yarder (there was a great opportunity right before half against Minnesota his senior year), but I'm just not sure Dellinger got enough credit. Unlike some kickers we've had in the past, at least I didn't cringe when he lined up for 35-yard kick!
Be great if he changes his mind and comes back for another year.

Reactions: Indy_Rider
ADVERTISEMENT