ADVERTISEMENT

Keyjuan Brown

ImRonBurgandy?

All-American
Aug 14, 2008
Thanks gbi for keeping us up to date on our verbal. Brown's stats caught my eye. Anyone here seen him play?

Week 7: South Atlanta rolled over KIPP Atlanta Collegiate 58-7 behind Brown running for 194 yards and two touchdowns on just seven carries. He also caught a 15-yard pass.

Week 6: South Atlanta beat Therrell 48-14. Brown carried 20 times for 127 yards and a touchdown and caught three passes for 61 yards and an additional score.

Week 5: South Atlanta was off this weekend.

Week 3: Brown carried 31 times for a mere 324 yards and three scores in South Atlanta's 36-24 win over Lovejoy. He also caught a 69-yard touchdown pass.

Week 2: In a 48-35 win over Gray Collegiate, Brown ran for 252 yards on 19 carries and scored three touchdowns, including a 73-yarder.

Week 1: In a 33-9 win over Chapel Hill, Brown carried 17 times for 175 yards and two touchdowns, with two catches for 27 yards.

I love the pick up. I haven't seen him play except a few highlights. I like that he could possibly help us from a KR perspective. He can obviously run the ball and he has been asked to catch the ball out of the back field as well. I like the speedy/shifty backs in our offense. The bruisers have their place, but these types of guys can be productive for us.

Thanks gbi for keeping us up to date on our verbal. Brown's stats caught my eye. Anyone here seen him play?

Week 7: South Atlanta rolled over KIPP Atlanta Collegiate 58-7 behind Brown running for 194 yards and two touchdowns on just seven carries. He also caught a 15-yard pass.

Week 6: South Atlanta beat Therrell 48-14. Brown carried 20 times for 127 yards and a touchdown and caught three passes for 61 yards and an additional score.

Week 5: South Atlanta was off this weekend.

Week 3: Brown carried 31 times for a mere 324 yards and three scores in South Atlanta's 36-24 win over Lovejoy. He also caught a 69-yard touchdown pass.

Week 2: In a 48-35 win over Gray Collegiate, Brown ran for 252 yards on 19 carries and scored three touchdowns, including a 73-yarder.

Week 1: In a 33-9 win over Chapel Hill, Brown carried 17 times for 175 yards and two touchdowns, with two catches for 27 yards.
He plays on a winning team and he’s a featured player on his team. A great recruit for Brohm.

The stats look good. Issue is…he’s a 2A player in a state that has up to 7A as a classification. Would love for him to at least be the player that DJ Knox was (another Atlanta player from a smaller class school)!
Mockobee is also from a smaller school. Your skill isn't determined by where you go to high school. Remember a guy by the name of Larry Bird? Springs Valley is a 1A school...

Nothing like averaging almost 18 yards a carry for a significant number of them! Hopefully he'll be as nearly productive for Purdue.

Haven't seen any tape, but I'm always leery of high school running back stats. Sometimes he's just the biggest, strongest kid out there running over 125 lb LBs.
Not sure why Brohm can't find that 6'1, 215 RB with break away speed (besides the fact that those guys go to Bama) to fit in with an offense that will get him the ball a ton.

Reactions: DAG10
I love the pick up. I haven't seen him play except a few highlights. I like that he could possibly help us from a KR perspective. He can obviously run the ball and he has been asked to catch the ball out of the back field as well. I like the speedy/shifty backs in our offense. The bruisers have their place, but these types of guys can be productive for us.
Demps's highlights look really good too.

Reactions: SDBoiler1
👀🍿...Just Sayin!
I love the quote, and, that it has indeed been taken to heart seemingly.

I know that Saturday and some of what has already happened is likely just the tip of the iceberg, but, happy for any young man that has worked hard to achieve a dream to have something special like that/those moments...I wish every kid that worked hard would be rewarded similarly, and, glad that he has been...looking forward to more great moments, and, know that he will continue to work hard so that he is in a position for them to happen.

Reactions: ICyAMockDawgg
Terrell Washington is having a great year for 5-0 Wylie East. He had a 5 TD game including a punt return:

Reactions: SKYDOG
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT