ADVERTISEMENT

Kevin Wilson takes....

I guess I wish him well. I don't remember the exact circumstances of his departure from Indiana, but he seemed to have that program moving in the right direction.

I guess I wish him well. I don't remember the exact circumstances of his departure from Indiana, but he seemed to have that program moving in the right direction.
Rumors that he mistreated players and forced them to play or return to practice too soon after a concussion. The official statement said "philosophical differences."

Reactions: rgarlitz
I’m a KW fan. Have been since I was a Season Ticket Holder at Northwestern and he was OC for Randy Walker.

He did a very good job getting NU and IU kids to buy in and change attitudes. Made the kids tougher that’s for sure.

Offensively, he is a terrific “X’s and O’s” coach. He’s a former college OL at UNC, so understands the importance of having a good line to be successful. Unfortunately when he was IU HC, it took until his final season to find the right DC, Allen.

The alleged mistreatment of injured players wasn’t widespread, but The fact there were 2 investigations of it in under a year was enough for AD/Lawyer Fred to pull the trigger and fire with cause, getting out of the buyout. Lots of loyal players came to his defense on the matter.

Lastly, he was his own worst enemy. Let’s just say he liked to carouse the night spots, not just in Bloomington, but with a designated driver to “hot spots” like Martinsville and Ellettsville.
He also had a drunken tirade his first week on the job, berating an RA at McNutt that was common knowledge.

Heck of a coach, but certainly not without his flaws.

I’m a KW fan. Have been since I was a Season Ticket Holder at Northwestern and he was OC for Randy Walker.

He did a very good job getting NU and IU kids to buy in and change attitudes. Made the kids tougher that’s for sure.

Offensively, he is a terrific “X’s and O’s” coach. He’s a former college OL at UNC, so understands the importance of having a good line to be successful. Unfortunately when he was IU HC, it took until his final season to find the right DC, Allen.

The alleged mistreatment of injured players wasn’t widespread, but The fact there were 2 investigations of it in under a year was enough for AD/Lawyer Fred to pull the trigger and fire with cause, getting out of the buyout. Lots of loyal players came to his defense on the matter.

Lastly, he was his own worst enemy. Let’s just say he liked to carouse the night spots, not just in Bloomington, but with a designated driver to “hot spots” like Martinsville and Ellettsville.
He also had a drunken tirade his first week on the job, berating an RA at McNutt that was common knowledge.

Heck of a coach, but certainly not without his flaws.
I, too, have a favorable impression of Kevin Wilson. Of course, he squared off against The Haze, which wasn't a very daunting challenge.

That said, when you're hiring a designated driver for a booze cruise to Martinsville it might be time to reevaluate some life choices.

Reactions: 4IUSox2
ADVERTISEMENT