ADVERTISEMENT

Karlaftis has COVID 19.

KentuckyBoiler

All-American
Jul 6, 2011
Karlaftis has tested positive for COVID 19. Let's hope he has a quick recovery.

We know he will have to definitely sit out 21 days. I guess he could possibly play against IU?

I am wondering now who else might have it on our team. 2020 just sucks!

That’s what happens from dealing with those greasy, grimy gofers. Last year they assaulted our top two guys on one play to kill our season. Now don’t be surprised if half our team gets wiped out for the rest of this season, thanks to their germ warfare and the Big Ten’s farcical 21-day rules.

Assuming he is the only one who caught it, might not be all that bad of a thing as he heals up his ankle. He was largely ineffective against MN. Hopefully, he's asymptomatic.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for a false positive.

Last edited:
Could Purdue athletics possibly have the worst luck in the history college athletics? All year for Rondale last year. Hummel prior to the NCAAs. Orton fumble at Wisconsin. I could go on...

Reactions: Lionheart1
Could Purdue athletics possibly have the worst luck in the history college athletics? All year for Rondale last year. Hummel prior to the NCAAs. Orton fumble at Wisconsin. I could go on...

i always thought it was a miracle drew brees made it through unscathed

I feel like if this Was another school it would have been a backup DE and George would be fine

Reactions: purduepat1969

Well, Purdue is certainly due some good fortune. Best of luck to George Karlaftis in getting healthy and coming back strong whenever that is. Running out of adjectives and adverbs to describe this past year.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Well, Purdue is certainly due some good fortune. Best of luck to George Karlaftis in getting healthy and coming back strong whenever that is. Running out of adjectives and adverbs to describe this past year.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

been waiting for the good fortune since Kyle smith dropped the interception my mom could have caught vs Wisconsin in 04

Reactions: Tommaker
I really.. REALLY hate 2020. This whole year can suck it.

Brother....I been there.....

Anton_Chigurh_Kills_Farmer_Remove_the_Chickens_-_No_Country_for_Old_Men_2007_-_Movie_Clip_HD_Scene-min.gif

That’s what happens from dealing with those greasy, grimy gofers. Last year they assaulted our top two guys on one play to kill our season. Now don’t be surprised if half our team gets wiped out for the rest of this season, thanks to their germ warfare and the Big Ten’s farcical 21-day rules.
That puts G. Karlaftis out thru IU Bucket game? Ugh!!!

It's crazy Minnesota can have "20" in program with Covid and not one is a difference maker. Purdue has one positive and it is to the most irreplaceable guy on the defense.
Well based on our defenses performance when GK is out, it's a very logical thing to say.

It's crazy Minnesota can have "20" in program with Covid and not one is a difference maker. Purdue has one positive and it is to the most irreplaceable guy on the defense.
Sure makes you wonder.. what are the odds that only one of their starters actually had it prior to that game? Maybe the backups got the rapid test on Friday and the starters got the one that takes 3 days for results.

Karlaftis has tested positive for COVID 19. Let's hope he has a quick recovery.

We know he will have to definitely sit out 21 days. I guess he could possibly play against IU?

I am wondering now who else might have it on our team. 2020 just sucks!

Is it a really bad sign that DraftKings does not have the game listed right now?!!??

Reactions: PUQBMan.
Sure makes you wonder.. what are the odds that only one of their starters actually had it prior to that game? Maybe the backups got the rapid test on Friday and the starters got the one that takes 3 days for results.
The Gopher reserves happened to come ashore from the team's daily row along the Mississippi well ahead of the regulars because they were so amped up from Fleck's pre-row motivational speech. The reserves were thus tested first and their results were in before those of the starters.

Reactions: FirstDownB

yep.. if it was Minnesota it would be someone who was about to get the talk after the season.

Another reason for Purdue to not like both MN and PJ Fleck. WI would likely have run wild on MN and yet the game is cancelled costing WI any chance (albeit slim) to be B1G West representative and clears the way for NW.
WI and MN have a rivalry game of the Paul Bunyan Axe. I’m thinking if Bucky can hang 70 of them in the near they will now.

Heard that NCAA basketball will work with CDC guidelines and likely go the 10 day route. Will likely not affect the overprotective 21 day count that B1G is using OR for Purdue’s sake when Karlaftis comes back after 21 full days in the week 9 cross over matchup, they’ll likely adopt the 10 day rule.

I would say George is not the only one on the team with it after Jeff said this.

Brohm isn't sure if Karlaftis was infected during last week's game vs. Minnesota, which has had a raft of cases that caused its game this Saturday vs. Wisconsin to be called off. Is Brohm confident that Karlaftis is the lone COVID case on the team

"We have some other issues," said Brohm. "So, no, I'm not confident. We're testing every day. ... every week there's been some issues come up. I think we've dealt with it pretty responsibly to this point, and we're always cautious every day moving forward."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT