ADVERTISEMENT

Kanon Catchings

So Sisley or Catchings.........who was the best player on the floor.

Last edited:
So Sisley or Kstchings.........who was the best player on the floor.
I ended up watching the game on YouTube. Myles Colvin played the game before them but I haven’t watched it yet.
Here’s the link
You can tell Sisley is going to be a very good player with the way he handles the ball but he doesn’t have much of a team to work with so he has to force things. Catching on the other hand looks lengthy and smooth. Had himself a good game, he let the game come to him and didn’t force much. Brownsburg had the much better team. Both are going to be good players going forward so hopefully Painter can reel in Sisley too!

So Sisley or Kstchings.........who was the best player on the floor.
Though call either way Sisely wasn't afforded the supporting cast. Brownsburg can go 10 deep. Catching could play for Purdue now! Brownsburg is the best team I've seen this year and Catchings is the best player. While not to slight Myles but if he has to continue to create his own shot it's going to be a fight all year.

Though call either way Sisely wasn't afforded the supporting cast. Brownsburg can go 10 deep. Catching could play for Purdue now! Brownsburg is the best team I've seen this year and Catchings is the best player. While not to slight Myles but if he has to continue to create his own shot it's going to be a fight all year.
This is a great thread to hi-light how hard it is for a college coach to evaluate a player. How good can Sisely be with a great team around him? How good can Catchings be? What are the key's to evaluating? Personally, there is ZERO doubt how good Myles will be. That's similar to NBA coaches seeing how good Ivey could be. And YES!!! both Sisely and Catchings would both be a solid fit. Personally, if forced to choose only one --- Catchings.

A coach also has AAU games to watch how a player performs when he has a better supporting cast around him. Admittedly AAU games tend to be like all star games where the players usurp don’t play the entire game. But you can see what the player can do against better competition

Another big night for him as Brownsburg won the Hendricks County tourney.

Going to be curious to see where he moves in the overall rankings when they get updated again. Hard to see him not being at least top 50.

Colvin has great upside with his athleticism. Catchings may have even more upside with his length. Scary combo and then team them up with a more experienced Smith/Loyer/TKR/Heide.
can't wait to see these guys on the team because of their athleticism which is a bit lacking in our BIGS and thus leading to many 2nd and 3rd chances of Offensive possessions for other teams

Reactions: tjreese and TX4GB
About damn time! Kid has NBA written all over him.
You know because he committed to Purdue they will limit his ranking to 20-30 range. Nudge him outside the AA range because the ranking are rigged.

If rankings actually mattered Kentucky and Duke would be 1 & 2 in college basketball.

Someone said on Twitter that you need on the ground recruiters with eyes on talent because the rankings are screwed. People need to evaluate talent who coach the talent and stop being dependent on rating services.

You know because he committed to Purdue they will limit his ranking to 20-30 range. Nudge him outside the AA range because the ranking are rigged.

If rankings actually mattered Kentucky and Duke would be 1 & 2 in college basketball.

Someone said on Twitter that you need on the ground recruiters with eyes on talent because the rankings are screwed. People need to evaluate talent who coach the talent and stop being dependent on rating services.
That's why it's a good thing Painter goes by his own eye and not the rankings. And it's a really good thing that Painter has a really good eye for talent.

I was looking at some of this kids highlights, i wish i could catch a game because highlights can lie, donnt show the low lights, lol...that said, cant believe he is only a Jr. Very smooth, great release, good handles, has a college body already, good length, kid could be special for sure.

I was looking at some of this kids highlights, i wish i could catch a game because highlights can lie, donnt show the low lights, lol...that said, cant believe he is only a Jr. Very smooth, great release, good handles, has a college body already, good length, kid could be special for sure.

HIGHlights don't lie. Every hs kid has lowlights.
Highlights show 'potential' and what can be with continued development.
You're looking for plays that most kids can't make on their best days.
A kid that doesn't have big time talent will have a highlight reel of open jumpers and uncontested layups.
You could tell Carsen Edwards was something special in a couple of minutes as his reel was full of highly contested jumpers and finishes through heavy defense. And there were enough to grasp that this wasnt' something unusual for him. Same with Ivey though you had to project a little further.
Braden was interesting cuz a lot of his were the usual dominate player on his team taking and making lots of jumpers and generally being 'the man'.
What sold me was his summer games playing with much better players and how he didn't disappear as a 6' white guy in run and gun games. His passing ability showed and he continued to be one of the best on the floor even when he didn't score.
The real horses will always show up on the highlight reel if you know what to look for.

I posted where to watch his and Myles game on here in a post called the 30 club. I have watched around 30 of his games dating back to his freshman year. Looking for low lights will be hard to find. Kid rarely makes mistakes. He just seems to know where to be on defense. Most of the highlights are of him running set plays designed just for him. I have seen so many of his games, I know what plays they are running 90% of the time the thing is even if you know you can't stop him. Other than #1 Ben Davis who held him to 14 they just refused to let him get into his sets. No one post defensive highlights which he excels at the same is true for Myles. However, Jack could give some pointers to Ethan. Jack takes defense to a whole other level.

HIGHlights don't lie. Every hs kid has lowlights.
Highlights show 'potential' and what can be with continued development.
You're looking for plays that most kids can't make on their best days.
A kid that doesn't have big time talent will have a highlight reel of open jumpers and uncontested layups.
You could tell Carsen Edwards was something special in a couple of minutes as his reel was full of highly contested jumpers and finishes through heavy defense. And there were enough to grasp that this wasnt' something unusual for him. Same with Ivey though you had to project a little further.
Braden was interesting cuz a lot of his were the usual dominate player on his team taking and making lots of jumpers and generally being 'the man'.
What sold me was his summer games playing with much better players and how he didn't disappear as a 6' white guy in run and gun games. His passing ability showed and he continued to be one of the best on the floor even when he didn't score.
The real horses will always show up on the highlight reel if you know what to look for.
I would love to know what Booth and Stevens thought of Braden the other night.

I know Colvin is more of a SG and Catings a SF, also a year apart, but if you guys who have seen both play had to guess, he becomes the better player?

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
I know Colvin is more of a SG and Catings a SF, also a year apart, but if you guys who have seen both play had to guess, he becomes the better player?
I would guess Catchings. There will be a lot of guy graduating when he arrives on campus. He'll have more production to fill in for. Purdue could return everyone but Jenkins when Colvin steps on campus next season, plus adding Heide who I think will be no slouch.

I would guess Catchings. There will be a lot of guy graduating when he arrives on campus. He'll have more production to fill in for. Purdue could return everyone but Jenkins when Colvin steps on campus next season, plus adding Heide who I think will be no slouch.

Mr. Heide is definitely no slouch, himself.

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT