ADVERTISEMENT

Just Waiting...

Boiler_HD

True Freshman
Oct 26, 2011
San Diego, CA
For Purdue to put on a show and destroy a team. We are due and we are more than capable. I love this team and this feels different than previous tourney teams, almost like we are holding something back. Guess we will see, but a win in BIG play is always huge... on to IU.

Boiler Up my Friends!

Reactions: mathboy
For Purdue to put on a show and destroy a team. We are due and we are more than capable. I love this team and this feels different than previous tourney teams, almost like we are holding something back. Guess we will see, but a win in BIG play is always huge... on to IU.

Boiler Up my Friends!
I hope that is the case. In the perfect world you want a struggle, but win with the constraints until it is time to release them a bit and to play at a level that is not sustainable for the long haul. I always thought Knight held the reins tighter prior to tourney play

It seems the game plan against Purdue is to hack away at the bigs and drivers and hope the refs don't call them all. It has taken our team out of what they want to do several times this year. It was nice to see them play through it and hit their free throws.

Hopefully in the tourney, the calls will favor our bigs down low instead of making them targets.

", almost like we are holding something back. "

this is not natural for these guys. who doesn't want to score? they live their whole lives bombing away, shooting at will pretty much wherever they play and when they get to purdue they become reluctant to shoot.

NO I am not Matt Painter, just gave an my opinion, evidently you don't agree, sorry but that's what this board is for

NO I am not Matt Painter, just gave an my opinion, evidently you don't agree, sorry but that's what this board is for

No you attempted to state a fact, you usually preface an opinion with "In my opinion". So yes I disagree with you. This board is for Purdue fans and "in my opinion" you don't fit that category, and if you do, you are a terrible one at that.

well thanks I guess being a Purdue grad, rooting for Purdue , football season tickets, going to basketball games when I can means I am not a Purdue fan, opinions vary

I don't think Painter coaches guys "not to lose." But, I do think his approach to maximizing the rare front line advantage this team enjoys has led some of the perimeter players to pass up open shots in favor of getting the ball inside.

Maybe a more free-flowing offense would help that somewhat. But I don't think it would be a magic bullet.

FWIW, I also think that both Kendall Stephens and Dakota Mathias are just plain in a slump. Hopefully both will play their way out of it.

I guess my "not to lose" comment is based on style of play , nothing was meant bad, just how I saw it

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT