ADVERTISEMENT

Just Seems Dirty

Boiler Mike

Gold Member
Aug 23, 2001
Before you say anything, just know there is no bigger capitalist than me. That said, it just seems dirty for a coach to hold a press conference excited about an upcoming bowl game and in less than 48 hours thinks only about himself. By that I mean recruiting assistant coaches (this I can see), current Purdue players (that's BS), and our high school commitments. In the business world we have Non-Solicitation agreements and go after people legally who poach within a 2-year period. I recognize college sports is not equivalent, but it just seems dirty that a coach can leave a program and the next day basically try to destroy it for the foreseeable future. That approach plus NIL plus transfer and play immediately in my opinion has hurt college sports in a big way.

I get what you mean.

But Brohm did that with WKU when he took the Purdue job.

It's on Bobinski to keep that from happening by either 1) Keep Brohm or 2) be ready to fill the vacuum fast.

He didn't do #1. And #2 is taking too long for saying they've been quietly preparing for this eventuality.

Before you say anything, just know there is no bigger capitalist than me. That said, it just seems dirty for a coach to hold a press conference excited about an upcoming bowl game and in less than 48 hours thinks only about himself. By that I mean recruiting assistant coaches (this I can see), current Purdue players (that's BS), and our high school commitments. In the business world we have Non-Solicitation agreements and go after people legally who poach within a 2-year period. I recognize college sports is not equivalent, but it just seems dirty that a coach can leave a program and the next day basically try to destroy it for the foreseeable future. That approach plus NIL plus transfer and play immediately in my opinion has hurt college sports in a big way.
I don't think Brohm is trying to hurt the Purdue program. He's just trying to help the UL program. Purdue receives collateral damage in this situation.
I think Brohm wishes nothing but the best for Purdue. A coach getting fired is probably a different story.

This happens almost everytime. I feel like he’s left gracefully unlike Kelly. He’s been pretty low key and so far no players have gone with him. Recruits have but that’s 100% different.

It seems dirty because it is, but this is what big time college football is now. We just have to put our big boy pants on and play the game.

It seems dirty because it is, but this is what big time college football is now. We just have to put our big boy pants on and play the game.
What's 'dirty' about it? Brohm is just doing what he's paid to do. As a Purdue fan, yeh, it sucks to see your program get pillaged, but that's the name of the game.

It is dirty for Brohm, but of course if Purdue's new coach does it he will do it with grace and class and sportsmanship, right? Assuming we ever hire a coach.

The worst thing is now he and his coaches have had time to build relationships with Indiana coaches which could cause problems in the future in his recruiting Indiana.

Reactions: Bippus33 and TX4GB
The worst thing is now he and his coaches have had time to build relationships with Indiana coaches which could cause problems in the future in his recruiting Indiana.
That is my worry. He was off and running building those relationships starting in December 2016.

i didn't see anything that brohm did that every other coach isn't doing. Look at prime time. he's telling players to leave, he'd bringing in his own players, he's stealing and flipping players, and he's also dishonoring scholarships given out to high school recruits that had not signed their LOI yet.

Prime Time is the epitomy of the modern NCAA football coach.

And we all know that UofL would have waited for him if he had held off his intentions.... In that case though, it would have put both programs behind and Purdue would have been hurt the most!@

ADVERTISEMENT