ADVERTISEMENT

Just hear me out...

Hausta01

All-American
Oct 2, 2017
What if Tom Allen actually does get canned after this year... how would you all feel with him as our DC? In way over his head as a head coach, but he actually built IU into a solid defensive team with Kevin Wilson as HC.

Am I crazy?

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
Yeah his shtick is terrible and he's a baaad HC. But I think as a DC, you won't get the #LEO crap and he won't be setting the culture of the program. I think he is a good DC who is also a good recruiter.

I also think he will almost assuredly not get fired for at a few more seasons, Indinia has to remember they have a Foosball team before that happens

Low chance he’s fired IMO. Is he any better than English? I’m not sure I see it. He wouldn’t be the worst hire at DC. He has been around Indiana a long time. He wouldn’t be a bad recruiter IMO.

It’s not the worst idea I’ve ever heard, but overall I’d rather not see it happen.

Low chance he’s fired IMO. Is he any better than English? I’m not sure I see it. He wouldn’t be the worst hire at DC. He has been around Indiana a long time. He wouldn’t be a bad recruiter IMO.

It’s not the worst idea I’ve ever heard, but overall I’d rather not see it happen.

He is a good recruiter although I fail to see how he does it. What I see would really turn me off.

What if Tom Allen actually does get canned after this year... how would you all feel with him as our DC? In way over his head as a head coach, but he actually built IU into a solid defensive team with Kevin Wilson as HC.

Am I crazy?
Yes you are crazy. We are struggling enough on defense with just one DB he coached.

Reactions: DAG10

Am I crazy?
actually the guy I wanted to see hired is Vince Kehres, the DC at Toledo

Reactions: pboiler18
I think his buyout is like 25mil if they fire him before December 1st year and 20 mil before December 1st next year. At least that’s what I remember reading on the Indy Star.
I think you are correct.The Hoosiers are stuck with him through next season,at least.

Am I crazy?
No I had the same thought.

It is a hypothetical question. The hypothetical answer would be he would be an improvement over our current DC! He is a great recruiter and has had previous success as a DC.

it has been noted he has a huge buyout and IU is not a school that usually spends millions in buyouts. But as we all know, cryst left uw for a lot less than his buyout. I would suspect IU probably has a clause preventing him from signing immediately with Purdue much like other businesses have with employees signing with competitors.

I’m not overly impressed with our current DC and he would be an improvement despite what all the others posters say! Just because a guy is from IU doesn’t make them bad or a loser!

Am I crazy?
Yes. Purdue doesn’t need a DC who has a defense giving up 32 ppg and 432 ypg. They are the worst defense in the BIG. Wolegib is offbase, as usual.

For comparison, Purdue is giving up 24 ppg and 349 ypg, even after Saturday’s game with Nebraska.

Reactions: Poprudy
It is a hypothetical question. The hypothetical answer would be he would be an improvement over our current DC! He is a great recruiter and has had previous success as a DC.

it has been noted he has a huge buyout and IU is not a school that usually spends millions in buyouts. But as we all know, cryst left uw for a lot less than his buyout. I would suspect IU probably has a clause preventing him from signing immediately with Purdue much like other businesses have with employees signing with competitors.

I’m not overly impressed with our current DC and he would be an improvement despite what all the others posters say! Just because a guy is from IU doesn’t make them bad or a loser!
Chryst did not leave. He was fired.

Why would Purdue want a guy whose defense gives up 26 ppg and 359 ypg playing in the MAC?

English is giving up 24 ppg and 349 ypg to playing in the BIG.
assuming they are this years stats, really good coach look at is resume. You get a 2 for 1 too he's a DC and LB coach.

assuming they are this years stats, really good coach look at is resume. You get a 2 for 1 too he's a DC and LB coach.
Never coached as a DC at the P5 level. His teams generally give up 22 - 26 ppg while playing in the MAC. Nothing to write home about that I see. Yeah, he did well at Mount Union years ago. Has it translated as he’s stepped up in competition? No.

Purdue can and should expect better than this in the future. People whine about Ron English on here yet his defense is outperforming VK’s, albeit against much better competition. Brad Lambert’s defense gave up last year about what English’s is this year. Yet Knuckleheads thought he was irreplaceable.

Never coached as a DC at the P5 level. His teams generally give up 22 - 26 ppg while playing in the MAC. Nothing to write home about that I see. Yeah, he did well at Mount Union years ago. Has it translated as he’s stepped up in competition? No.

Purdue can and should expect better than this in the future. People whine about Ron English on here yet his defense is outperforming VK’s, albeit against much better competition. Brad Lambert’s defense gave up last year about what English’s is this year. Yet Knuckleheads thought he was irreplaceable.

Toledo did play OSU and got torched for 77 points and 760 yards. Obviously not good but I'm not sure Purdue does better at this point

Am I crazy?
We have a good dc… wtf

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT