ADVERTISEMENT

Just Don't See It

Sep 4, 2001
Crown Point, IN
Purdue is playing the best it is capable for the level of talent on the roster. We are NOT a Top 25 Team as evidenced by the fact we don't beat Top 25 Teams. As I said before, when I start seeing players on the roster that were recruited by North Carolina, Michigan, MSU, Duke, Kentucky, etc. THEN I will buy the hype.

Purdue is playing the best it is capable for the level of talent on the roster. We are NOT a Top 25 Team as evidenced by the fact we don't beat Top 25 Teams. As I said before, when I start seeing players on the roster that were recruited by North Carolina, Michigan, MSU, Duke, Kentucky, etc. THEN I will buy the hype.
Biggie was recruited by MSU.

Ahhhhhh. You must have faith brother. The shooters will shoot. I believe Cline, Mathias, Stephens are smart young men whom are blessed with mental toughness. They are shooting below their mean, I have faith that we will progress. I believe in these guys.

Reactions: Cleanface
Lets not forget this is a young team. We lose RD and Hammons next year, but that's it. (Hill too). We still have a very young nucleus with primarily freshmen and sophomores getting the majority of playing time. Edwards, Haas, Mathias, Cline, Hill, Stephens, Swanigan.

They just need to believe and feed the bigs. Everything about this team right now goes inside/out. We can't win on the perimeter, and it's evident in every single one of our losses.

Reactions: mathboy
There's a lot more that goes into a team than just recruiting. Purdue has 6 four stars and one five star currently on the team. Oklahoma has only landed 5 four stars the last four years. Ratings from ESPN

Purdue has all the pieces. Some pieces are as good as anybody's (AJ when he wants to be, Edwards when he is aggressive offensively, Davis when he's healthy, Swanigan on the boards) other pieces just aren't quite there (consistent outside shooting, overall team mental toughness, turnovers, point guard). Conference regular season is slipping away (Iowa and Maryland are teams to beat with MSU playing as well as anyone again; iu is being exposed and will slide). Team needs to come together these remaining weeks to get high seeds for BIG and NCAA tournaments and make a run.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT