ADVERTISEMENT

Just back from the game

HUD628

Senior
Apr 11, 2007
Nothing profound here, not sure how much you can really take from this with some of the ones sitting. just a couple things now that I’m home from the game.

Finding a pass rush is obviously a huge key. We can get it sending our ILB, both Yanni and of course Jenkins. As for the edge guys, they certainly look good in a uniform. Took a stroll on the field through everyone just to see them up close and Heldt, Madden, Sillah, and Ojata are specimens.

RBs look good too. The 1-2 punch will be fine. Merriweather also physically impressive up close.

WR wide left of Card will be doing a lot of cardio. Wind sprints. A quick look over there for the bomb and then everything goes to the right side.

Davila has quickly taken the QB2 role. Meredith probably filling out portal paperwork.

Stark physical contrast when you see some of these guys up close obviously. Randle Jr and the freshman edge from KY we picked up late whose names escapes me were hanging together and it’s just wild to think that some freshman can actually come in and play right away at those type positions. So small looking lol

Beautiful day out there

Boiler up

Couldn't have asked for a better day weather-wise, plus the added benefit of the airshow from the Purdue Aviation Day. Only complaints were no hand outs telling you who was who and no one calling play by play to do the same (which you probably couldn't have heard over the high volume of the music anyway...my ears are still ringing). Was it just me or did the DB's/safeties look bigger than usual? Sat next to a guy who has had season tix since 1968, gave them up last year. He's actually an Iowa State grad that moved out here, all his kids and grandkids are Purdue grads. I told him he was a "Baptized Boilermaker". :) Talked about the expansion of the GE turbine engine plant and the new microchip facility. Lots of activity in the area.

Couldn't have asked for a better day weather-wise, plus the added benefit of the airshow from the Purdue Aviation Day. Only complaints were no hand outs telling you who was who and no one calling play by play to do the same (which you probably couldn't have heard over the high volume of the music anyway...my ears are still ringing). Was it just me or did the DB's/safeties look bigger than usual? Sat next to a guy who has had season tix since 1968, gave them up last year. He's actually an Iowa State grad that moved out here, all his kids and grandkids are Purdue grads. I told him he was a "Baptized Boilermaker". :) Talked about the expansion of the GE turbine engine plant and the new microchip facility. Lots of activity in the area.
If I would have been aware of the format and knew they were going to play that music the whole time, I wouldn’t have gone. Very hard to tell what they have this year. Wish they had a roster printed out as they had in the past. Maybe people were aware of this prior to the game thus the low attendance.

Watched some of the replay on the B1G Network, but could only take the music for so long before muting -- such a cacaophonous distraction.

Rob Blackman and Jake Butt did their best to overcome it with good commentary, but it was brutal.

Reactions: pboiler18
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT