ADVERTISEMENT

JUCO OT Issiah Walker Commits. 4* HS

I agree with H&Rs article about him looking closer to 280 lbs. If Last Chance U taught me anything, its that the food selection at the Kansas JUCOs is horrible, so hopefully he sits around 300 come September after getting on the Purdue Football meal plan. Love the early commitment to the Oline from Walters staff with Walker/Carter on board and the pursuit of Rusty Feth (Miami Ohio) and my personal favorite, Chris Saint John (high school). If losing Holstege means we get 4 other quality guys, I'm all for it.

Reactions: pboiler18
I agree with H&Rs article about him looking closer to 280 lbs. If Last Chance U taught me anything, its that the food selection at the Kansas JUCOs is horrible, so hopefully he sits around 300 come September after getting on the Purdue Football meal plan. Love the early commitment to the Oline from Walters staff with Walker/Carter on board and the pursuit of Rusty Feth (Miami Ohio) and my personal favorite, Chris Saint John (high school). If losing Holstege means we get 4 other quality guys, I'm all for it.
the other day I got called out by a couple of posters because I said he looks thin, I meant lean, at least on those pics. If he gets over 300 he still looks like an IOL at being only 6'4. Good prospect to take a flyer on. Feth seems like a good interchangeable IOL from Ohio.

Reactions: *Shockerrr*
Yeah his height looks like a guard, but his feet look good as a tackle. I'd be curious as to what his arm length is, would likely dictate where he would play at the next level

the other day I got called out by a couple of posters because I said he looks thin, I meant lean, at least on those pics. If he gets over 300 he still looks like an IOL at being only 6'4. Good prospect to take a flyer on. Feth seems like a good interchangeable IOL from Ohio.
Ha I thought I was responding to another posters post and not you 🤦🏼‍♂️ Noticed it days later that I mixed the names up lol my apologies! That was totally towards a certain someone that’s been complaining about Purdue’s rectruiting 😂

Ha I thought I was responding to another posters post and not you 🤦🏼‍♂️ Noticed it days later that I mixed the names up lol my apologies! That was totally towards a certain someone that’s been complaining about Purdue’s rectruiting 😂
lol I think I know who you're referring to, its all good

Reactions: *Shockerrr*
I resent your comment. Why not just name me? Why not just blame me for providing inaccuracies like everyone else always does?

An interesting college career. He started out as a 4 star recruit and signed with Florida. He then left for Miami. He then left Miami for a juco. He now chose Purdue over a couple of other division 1 offers . He may have something left. He may be motivated. He definitely has something to prove to the doubters!

I like the focus on bolstering the o-line, even if it's just for depth. I feel like Walters is adding some good pieces to keep the team from dropping off too much next year.
Matt Mattox had been getting the most ot of his OL at UTSA. I'm excited to see what he can do here. Definitely an upgrade over Dale Williams, imo.

An interesting college career. He started out as a 4 star recruit and signed with Florida. He then left for Miami. He then left Miami for a juco. He now chose Purdue over a couple of other division 1 offers . He may have something left. He may be motivated. He definitely has something to prove to the doubters!
Just to clarify, he enrolled early at Florida and immediately changed his mind and transferred back home to Miami. After a Covid year and redshirt year the coaching staff changed and he decided to go JUCO. I agree it’s interesting but just wanted to alleviate any concerns that he might have moved around so much due to any sort of negative reasons.

Definitely looks less than 300lbs but the 280 or so he does weigh looks like good weight. He’s always played tackle and I think that’s where he stays. He looks quick on his feet, picks up the rush well and also moves guys down field on run plays. I know the tape I watched is at the JUCO level, and I am no expert on linemen, but to me he looks like his 4* rating out of highshool was an accurate rating.

Reactions: rapapathanasiou
you copied my post and I responded, no need to apologize , we can all agree to disagree. I wasn't doubting he has talent just looks under developed and will need to beef up to play OT

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT