ADVERTISEMENT

Joe Strickland Final 3

guilty as charged. But, I have the most legit reason possible for being an ND fan......
What is the most legit reason possible? Are you on the coaching staff? Second would be you actually have a degree from there. But if you did you would have told us already.

Almost every single friend I have who went to Purdue are ND football fans still.
You are lying, hanging out with the wrong crowd, or just ignorant. I know people from south bend area that went to Purdue that weren’t ND fans. Maybe your friends know you are an ND fan and put on a facade around you because the ND fans I know (and I know a lot) get their panties up in a bunch of you ever utter a negative word about the holier than thou ND.

No way. Your old buddy @DAG10 is also from that neck of the woods, correct ? And he’s not a Domer fan.
Not even possible to be less of one...I genuinely HATE ND football.

I remember distinctly a family conversation when I was young...like so many, I had great ambitions and dreams of playing something in college...my Dad hated ND, as did I (as a result)...my Mom asked my Dad one night as we were watching a game and rooting passionately against ND, "What if he got a scholarship to ND?", and, my Dad responded..."If he did, he would get one from a ton of other places as well."

I have many friends that went there...I spent a ton of time on campus...ties to neighbors that worked there...I went to school with a bunch of friends whose parents worked (and, in a number of cases, coached) there...and, there was no question ever as to my feelings about ND...ND football in particular.

When I was at Purdue, I literally owned a college shirt or sweatshirt for like a 3-year stretch of EVERY opponent on the ND schedule and would wear it each Saturday accordingly.

I still have Navy football, USC, Stanford and Michigan shirts that I wear when they play ND...and love doing so even more if I happen to be home and in South Bend. When they lost to Colorado in the bowl game years ago, I was at ND for a basketball game the next day proudly wearing my Colorado Buffalos sweatshirt that I had bought just so I could have it for the bowl game.

One of my most joyous days was when ND hired Jim Colletto...made better only when Purdue beat them in his return to Ross-Ade.

It is a very nice campus...there have been a lot of great players...it is generally a great game-day atmosphere, especially for a big national game...the ushers and others that work there on game-day are generally great people and could not be more friendly or welcoming (and, I have known a number of them through my parents and their work, or through church, or as parents of friends, etc.).

My freshman year at Purdue, I had a class where an assignment was to interview someone in a profession in which you had interest...I was close friends with Barry Alvarez's daughter and asked if I could interview him...it was over Thanksgiving...I drove over on a Thursday night to meet him after practice...as I was pulling up to the house, he was just getting home...I had to wait for the car in the drive that dropped him off to back out...it was Lou Holtz, who waved as he left and I was pulling in...Barry invited me in, and, we sat in his den...he poured himself a scotch on the rocks, and, we talked for about 2 hours...for years, whenever Wisconsin played at Purdue, I would always stop down to see him by the locker room...one year he had had surgery on his leg, coached from the press box and I missed him, but, he saw me and sent someone over to grab me and take me onto the team bus to see him.

I am confident that nobody hates ND football more than I do or with the passion that I do.

Not even possible to be less of one...I genuinely HATE ND football.

I remember distinctly a family conversation when I was young...like so many, I had great ambitions and dreams of playing something in college...my Dad hated ND, as did I (as a result)...my Mom asked my Dad one night as we were watching a game and rooting passionately against ND, "What if he got a scholarship to ND?", and, my Dad responded..."If he did, he would get one from a ton of other places as well."

I have many friends that went there...I spent a ton of time on campus...ties to neighbors that worked there...I went to school with a bunch of friends whose parents worked (and, in a number of cases, coached) there...and, there was no question ever as to my feelings about ND...ND football in particular.

When I was at Purdue, I literally owned a college shirt or sweatshirt for like a 3-year stretch of EVERY opponent on the ND schedule and would wear it each Saturday accordingly.

I still have Navy football, USC, Stanford and Michigan shirts that I wear when they play ND...and love doing so even more if I happen to be home and in South Bend. When they lost to Colorado in the bowl game years ago, I was at ND for a basketball game the next day proudly wearing my Colorado Buffalos sweatshirt that I had bought just so I could have it for the bowl game.

One of my most joyous days was when ND hired Jim Colletto...made better only when Purdue beat them in his return to Ross-Ade.

It is a very nice campus...there have been a lot of great players...it is generally a great game-day atmosphere, especially for a big national game...the ushers and others that work there on game-day are generally great people and could not be more friendly or welcoming (and, I have known a number of them through my parents and their work, or through church, or as parents of friends, etc.).

My freshman year at Purdue, I had a class where an assignment was to interview someone in a profession in which you had interest...I was close friends with Barry Alvarez's daughter and asked if I could interview him...it was over Thanksgiving...I drove over on a Thursday night to meet him after practice...as I was pulling up to the house, he was just getting home...I had to wait for the car in the drive that dropped him off to back out...it was Lou Holtz, who waved as he left and I was pulling in...Barry invited me in, and, we sat in his den...he poured himself a scotch on the rocks, and, we talked for about 2 hours...for years, whenever Wisconsin played at Purdue, I would always stop down to see him by the locker room...one year he had had surgery on his leg, coached from the press box and I missed him, but, he saw me and sent someone over to grab me and take me onto the team bus to see him.

I am confident that nobody hates ND football more than I do or with the passion that I do.
Very cool story about Alvarez.

Very cool story about Alvarez.
Great guy...and, as much as I hate (and hated) ND, he had some incredibly good and talented guys on those teams.

He was very likable for sure...and, that night at his house and talking to/with him remains very memorable.

He was an outstanding coach...had been at Iowa, was at ND, and, legendary (literally) at UW.

Reactions: z_one
Eating their own. I think they forgot that they are also ND fans.
So confusing at times like this for so many over there...compounded by the COVID delusion where they actually thought that they were "good" in football.

Reality check for them...will be interesting to see if there is one with ND as well, as, there absolutely could be...especially if the ACC quits caving to them.

Almost every single friend I have who went to Purdue are ND football fans still.
If you had said Indinia rather than Purdue, I would have bought it...now I just know that you have a very small friend subset.

And, even if what you said is true, they went there as a ND fan to begin with...never mind the obvious...like 90% of the fanbase, they have no tie to the University...only common denominator is delusion.

Reactions: z_one
Can you imagine what Saban said about that stunt behind closed doors? LOL.
Hell, why behind closed doors even? If I were him, I would be showing that to every guy that came in on a visit.

The first thing I would have said to that kid when he got to Tuscaloosa was, "WTF was THAT?"

Followed up with, "Hey, we are all about getting you to the NFL as soon as possible, and, winning National Championships along the way while you are here...we don't spend a lot of time making ridiculous dance videos and I don't generally like looking like a dumba$$ if I can help it."

Reactions: Zaphod_B and z_one
Lol IU’s RB coach is headed to ND and his three sons will probably follow suit. Hate to see it.
Saw this headline today...

4 Coaches gone. 24 players in the Portal. Optics look bad, but, Tom Allen isn't concerned.

That does not even account for guys like Taylor not just leaving, but, leaving for Purdue (which, while it is the right decision, only compounds how bad said optics look).

Well, of course he is not concerned...the University that is perhaps (and arguably so) the most inept in the country with respect to running an athletic department from a fiscal standpoint just announced the largest deficit in their history...not like they can in turn fire the guy, despite the fact that he can't actually coach, and, now has lost many of the guys that hid that very fact.

I just picture him mumbling endlessly daily...LEO...LEO...LEO...as, that is the ONLY thing that he has, despite it being nothing more than a gimmick.

I have honestly never heard of such a thing. Now, that group down south. They keep the same jacket but turn it inside out😉
When I was at Purdue there were like 9 guys from the south bend area in my house.. they came to Purdue to be obnoxious ND fans during the Brees era.. he’s likely talking about morons like these

Really enjoyed the hatred of Notre Dame and Barry Alvarez stories - good reading and very e
Saw this headline today...

4 Coaches gone. 24 players in the Portal. Optics look bad, but, Tom Allen isn't concerned.

That does not even account for guys like Taylor not just leaving, but, leaving for Purdue (which, while it is the right decision, only compounds how bad said optics look).

Well, of course he is not concerned...the University that is perhaps (and arguably so) the most inept in the country with respect to running an athletic department from a fiscal standpoint just announced the largest deficit in their history...not like they can in turn fire the guy, despite the fact that he can't actually coach, and, now has lost many of the guys that hid that very fact.

I just picture him mumbling endlessly daily...LEO...LEO...LEO...as, that is the ONLY thing that he has, despite it being nothing more than a gimmick.
The ND hatred and Alvarez stories were very entertaining. But then you digress into a hateful rant about an irrelevant program......why bother?

He was just viewing the premium board 37 minutes ago lol.
Nothing screams little brother like running away from a bet and then checking to see what people are saying about you. They have a number of posters who spend a great of time here and on the basketball board. They're not smart enough to know they can easily be seen.

Nothing screams little brother like running away from a bet and then checking to see what people are saying about you. They have a number of posters who spend a great of time here and on the basketball board. They're not smart enough to know they can easily be seen.
Indiiiiiiinia lol

ADVERTISEMENT