ADVERTISEMENT

Jessica Carrothers

TC4THREE

All-American
Mar 20, 2002
I don't know where we stand with her, but if Gearlds could land the 2022 Crown Point point guard I think it would be absolutely huge. She could be a day-one starter for us and she's the type of leader you want in a point guard. If you watched the state championship you know what I'm talking about.

I know her teammate Stoddard is committed to us. Maybe they can team up again in college and win championships at Purdue like they are at Crown Point.

If I'm coach Gearlds I'd make her my top priority. Add her to Layden, Kyle, and the 2021 recruits and I think you could contend in the Big Ten pretty quickly.

I don't know where we stand with her, but if Gearlds could land the 2022 Crown Point point guard I think it would be absolutely huge. She could be a day-one starter for us and she's the type of leader you want in a point guard. If you watched the state championship you know what I'm talking about.

I know her teammate Stoddard is committed to us. Maybe they can team up again in college and win championships at Purdue like they are at Crown Point.

If I'm coach Gearlds I'd make her my top priority. Add her to Layden, Kyle, and the 2021 recruits and I think you could contend in the Big Ten pretty quickly.
She's very good but undersized and not a great shooter. Her dream school is ND, or it was, top 40 type player, hope she comes to Purdue.

She is a very effective, quick scorer at the point, as well as a winner, hard worker and leader. There is thought she may not be able to get off her unorthodox shot so easily vs bigger P5 college guards. Mechanically, I know her hoops guru has been trying to tweak that and raves about her work ethic.

Hear she is a good student, so grades shouldn’t be an issue.

She is a very effective, quick scorer at the point, as well as a winner, hard worker and leader. There is thought she may not be able to get off her unorthodox shot so easily vs bigger P5 college guards. Mechanically, I know her hoops guru has been trying to tweak that and raves about her work ethic.

That little hitch in her shot probably does cost her in terms of how quickly she can get her shot off but most importantly, she still seems to shoot well with it. I'd live with it. She does everything you want in your point guard and, most importantly, she seems ultra-competitive and is a winner. If I'm a new coach, that's probably the most important thing I'm looking to bring into any program. I kind of look at it as what Chris Kramer brought to the men's program when Coach Painter took over. Everyone wants to win but not everyone wants to put in the effort that it takes to do so. From what I've read, there would be no doubt in that with her.

Reactions: 4IUSox2
She's very good but undersized and not a great shooter. Her dream school is ND, or it was, top 40 type player, hope she comes to Purdue.

I don't know what her shooting percentages are but she has shot pretty well when I've watched her play. Admittedly, that's only been a handful of times but it's always been at the regional level of the tournament or beyond so it's been their biggest games.

Hearing CP is getting a top 20 Jr coming in from Illinois next year, nice little hit for them lol. Jordan Wood is her name.

Reactions: ChuckJr and 4IUSox2
Crown Point. 4A state champions in Indiana this year and high school where Carrothers plays along with Stoddard ('22 commit). It's in The Region just south of Merrillville.
Carrothers has some Kelly Komara like qualities to her game, isn't as highly ranked but is a alpha that loves the ball in her hands. She's friends with Smith
Crown Point. 4A state champions in Indiana this year and high school where Carrothers plays along with Stoddard ('22 commit). It's in The Region just south of Merrillville.
I'm great friends with Stoddard's step father and mother, great people! Was really happy she committed to Purdue, she needs to get stronger, tons of potential!

Stoddard’s offer list was very impressive with PU, UM, ASU and other P5s. She moves very well for a big. In most HS offenses, she would be a major focal point at 6’4”. But at CP, where they are always running with the ball in the guard’s hands, she gets most of her points on put backs and FTs. They don’t run a lot of offense through her like you would think. She needs to get stronger with the ball and often doesn’t utilize her size by bringing the ball down low too much, getting tied up by smaller players.

When you have a pg like Carrothers, can’t blame them. They are a running, pressing type outfit first. While still effective in half-court, it’s more due to their talent. I will assume Stoddard is still on board with PU despite Versyp’s upcoming retirement.

Hadn’t heard about the IL t’fer coming in. Will keep an eye out. Would think CP will be #1 to start season next year with who they already had coming back too. For the 4th year in a row, look for a Regional match up vs Penn.

Reactions: TC4THREE
Stoddard’s offer list was very impressive with PU, UM, ASU and other P5s. She moves very well for a big. In most HS offenses, she would be a major focal point at 6’4”. But at CP, where they are always running with the ball in the guard’s hands, she gets most of her points on put backs and FTs. They don’t run a lot of offense through her like you would think. She needs to get stronger with the ball and often doesn’t utilize her size by bringing the ball down low too much, getting tied up by smaller players.

When you have a pg like Carrothers, can’t blame them. They are a running, pressing type outfit first. While still effective in half-court, it’s more due to their talent. I will assume Stoddard is still on board with PU despite Versyp’s upcoming retirement.

Hadn’t heard about the IL t’fer coming in. Will keep an eye out. Would think CP will be #1 to start season next year with who they already had coming back too. For the 4th year in a row, look for a Regional match up vs Penn.
Jordan Wood is the girls name, a friend posted the story that came from an Indiana High School basketball website. 6-4 kid with tons of potential.

UPDATE…heard in the late-summer CPHS PG, Carrothers had committed to IUPUI. I thought she would hold off signing and hope for a bigger offer after a successful senior year. But just saw she did sign there. Kind of surprised no P5’s offered this ultra competitive winner, even with the above discussed unorthodox shot and somewhat under-sized. Good luck to her this year in winning Ms Basketball. Definitely deserves it.

Reactions: TC4THREE
UPDATE…heard in the late-summer CPHS PG, Carrothers had committed to IUPUI. I thought she would hold off signing and hope for a bigger offer after a successful senior year. But just saw she did sign there. Kind of surprised no P5’s offered this ultra competitive winner, even with the above discussed unorthodox shot and somewhat under-sized. Good luck to her this year in winning Ms Basketball. Definitely deserves it.
Agree. I'll probably go watch when they play at South Bend Washington on January 25. Lots of D-1 talent in that matchup.

Katie will recruit every where and has. She wants to secure the best in Indiana of course, but she knows the kinds of players she wants. The big question is whether she can get them here. We badly need a really great center and forward the most I think. Transfers are a real possibility.

IUPUI is pretty good I think, is that where Austin Parkinson coaches? I thought like you she would get bigger offers.

IUPUI is pretty good I think, is that where Austin Parkinson coaches? I thought like you she would get bigger offers.
Went to the Andrean CP game last night. I went to just one CP game last year so it’s a small sample. I think you’re a friend of the Stoddard family? After seeing last nights game I’m just surprised that Purdue offered Lilly. She had a couple blocked shots, but she is a long long way from being a college basketball player.

Went to the Andrean CP game last night. I went to just one CP game last year so it’s a small sample. I think you’re a friend of the Stoddard family? After seeing last nights game I’m just surprised that Purdue offered Lilly. She had a couple blocked shots, but she is a long long way from being a college basketball player.
Yea, I’m close with Lilly’s family, her step father and mother, don’t know her dad other than he played at Purdue Cal when I went there. She’s considered a Top 75ish player, long, big wing span but is a little raw. My guess is she possibly redshirts next year and improves her strength. She does better in AAU ball than in a high school stat wise. CP is guard oriented, Jessica has a tendency to be a shoot first pass second PG which is fine at the High School level, Lilly probably averages 5-7 shots a game. I think she’ll be a good player at Purdue when all is said and done. Lilly’s mom played at Indiana State after a stellar career at Lake Central.

Jessica Carrothers broke former PU Guard, Anne Kvachkoff’s CPHS scoring record of 1,910 points last night in a 43-35 win over Valpo. Was the closest game the Lady Bulldogs have had in Conference in 4 years.

Crown Point won another close one, this time at Lake Central in OT.

And re the possible transfer to CP that was noted above in this thread about 6 months ago, Jordan Wood…never happened. She Is still up at Carmel Catholic in, I think, Lincolnshire or Mundelein, IL. Looks like she is committed to MSU in their class of ‘23.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT