ADVERTISEMENT

Jeff George Jr

boiler2288

Senior
Apr 29, 2009
Following in the tradition of the George family, Jeff Jr has officially announced he is seeking transfer to another school. Also part time Illini starter Chayce Crouch is retiring, leaving them with 1 scholarship QB this spring

No, joke about his dad and the Purdue incident back in the 80s

For the younger Purdue fans- Jeff got hurt in a game toward the end of the season, I believe. He was down on the field and game was stopped for long enough for his mom to come down to field level. When they took him off on a golf cart, she rode off with him. He caught so much flack for that I have always thought that was the beginning of the end for him at Purdue. Maybe not but it sure made him the butt of a lot of ribbing to put it mildly.

Jeff George had a lot of talent. it's unfortunate he will always be remembered at Purdue for something he had no control over. and yes, fans can be cruel. and sometimes, very cruel.

Reactions: Bill4411
To add to this so that no one buys into the idea that Jeff and conflict is “just a Purdue thing; what with all their cruel fans”..

George and the coach of the raiders were once doing a radio interview .. it was on the heel of mistake laden games where it didn’t appear jeff knew what he was doing... he was, at the time, looking a lot like the Love child of he and Jim Everett... jay everett-George (cutler)... (also known as “John elway” in Chicago lmao)

The radio host asked him a question about the playbook and he held his right arm up and said “this is my playbook”.. apparently the raiders coach began screaming obscenities and they had to cut the interview

Reactions: Zaphod_B
To add to this so that no one buys into the idea that Jeff and conflict is “just a Purdue thing; what with all their cruel fans”..

George and the coach of the raiders were once doing a radio interview .. it was on the heel of mistake laden games where it didn’t appear jeff knew what he was doing... he was, at the time, looking a lot like the Love child of he and Jim Everett... jay everett-George (cutler)... (also known as “John elway” in Chicago lmao)

The radio host asked him a question about the playbook and he held his right arm up and said “this is my playbook”.. apparently the raiders coach began screaming obscenities and they had to cut the interview
If you look in the Sport's Dictionary under "Arrogant Pr**k" you'll see the Sr Jeff's photo.

No, joke about his dad and the Purdue incident back in the 80s

For the younger Purdue fans- Jeff got hurt in a game toward the end of the season, I believe. He was down on the field and game was stopped for long enough for his mom to come down to field level. When they took him off on a golf cart, she rode off with him. He caught so much flack for that I have always thought that was the beginning of the end for him at Purdue. Maybe not but it sure made him the butt of a lot of ribbing to put it mildly.

It was early in the season I believe. Have a follow up to that. Next week at ND he came out for the position warmups without a helmet and he literally sat and laid on the grass as the other QB’s threw their passes the entire time. We all assumed he was not going to play...lo and behold when the entire team came out and stretched and then went to position drills he threw a minimal number of throws, same feeling he must not be playing. Well to make a long story short, he started, he did not play well, mainly due to running for his life a lot of the time.

We, a group of high school coaches sitting together, could not believe it and one remarked that Leon B. had lost control of him!

He was NOT the kind of player you build a team around.

If I was drafting a team, he would have been on my NFW list.

Don't tell Jason Whitlock! He spent the first 10-15 years of his career talking about his days at Warren Central with Jeffy, as well as his days as a mediocre player at Ball State. Whitlock spoke of Jeffy as though he were Joe Montana or Steve Young. I avoid his show like the plague, so I don't know if he's evolved or not.

Ok I'll be the first and say No to Jeff George Jr! We already have Cameran Northern from Shelbyville and that other QB from Northern I'll as walkon to go with our other 6 scholarship QBs.

Jeff George still holds NFL combine record for longest registered throw at 81 yds in the air. Of course that never equated to being a team player or natural leader.........sort of like being longest driver off the tee in golf

It was early in the season, that he was carted off the field.

The story (and I taught one of the lineman in HS) was that the offensive line would take turns allowing defenders through to get at Jeff, because of his arrogance. This only happened when the game was out of reach.

Another story (and I can't prove any of it) was that he had his own training table for meals.

It was early in the season, that he was carted off the field.

The story (and I taught one of the lineman in HS) was that the offensive line would take turns allowing defenders through to get at Jeff, because of his arrogance. This only happened when the game was out of reach.

Another story (and I can't prove any of it) was that he had his own training table for meals.

He was getting the snot kicked out of him at the team table, so I believe this.

Ok I'll be the first and say No to Jeff George Jr! We already have Cameran Northern from Shelbyville and that other QB from Northern I'll as walkon to go with our other 6 scholarship QBs.
I think Cameron Northern is from Jeffersonville actually

I think Cameron Northern is from Jeffersonville actually
At last somebody replies! I posted three times asking about him and received nothing! I changed his town and somebody finally replies if only to correct me!

He was a walkon and his high school stats seemed similar to Sipe. So how's he doing?

If I knew all it took to get a reply, I'd have said he was Muncy

Reactions: Dennis H.
At last somebody replies! I posted three times asking about him and received nothing! I changed his town and somebody finally replies if only to correct me!

He was a walkon and his high school stats seemed similar to Sipe. So how's he doing?

If I knew all it took to get a reply, I'd have said he was Muncy

You won’t see him take a snap at Purdue barring catastrophe

You won’t see him take a snap at Purdue barring catastrophe

his stats at Jeffersonville were pretty impressive. as good as Sipe's. admittedly, he's a walk-on. Are the other QBs we have that much better?

ok. he had a bad senior year, after throwing for 2000 yards and 22 TDs as a junior. and I read the Floyd county DUI arrest record for March, 2017. Sometimes I don't like the information I find on the internet. I'll find a new underdog walk-on to champion and root for.

Following in the tradition of the George family, Jeff Jr has officially announced he is seeking transfer to another school. Also part time Illini starter Chayce Crouch is retiring, leaving them with 1 scholarship QB this spring

He should transfer to ND; they deserve each other.

Reactions: SIBoiler2
Jeff and mommy riding off of the football field at Ross-Ade.....

jt65csbefvqiq7lvbqve

We need more people like you, thank you

Leon Burtnett dubbed him the Mad Bomber.
Handed him the keys to the kingdom.
Jeff’s ego could not handle it - and it followed him thru his pro career. He was mad nobody consulted him in the firing of Coach Burtnett.
Think he finally figured it out as he was washing out of the league late in his career.
Lots of unfulfilled potential.

Y’all have memories like steel traps. I was at that game and don’t remember the mom riding off with George. Perhaps a tad inebriated at the time.
I was there and remember chanting something unholy about it but I was pretty enebriated at the time too. After his moms tirade at us after that we only had unrelenting boos for anything bad he did.

As luck would have it I was at the hotel in Denver when the Colts were playing the Broncos a few years later and asked him about his time at Purdue. I also said I graduated from Purdue and he said "**** you".

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT