ADVERTISEMENT

Jeff Christian

Originally posted by gbmhoosier:
Not sure what that means

Just because he says he committed doesn't mean the coaches will tke it.

I haven't seen any of them send up the signal
Posted from Rivals Mobile

His twitter handle is @D1_JC. He has had a Purdue offer for a while. I would assume he is legit. I am on IPhone or I would copy over a link. Looks like a good pick up.

His twitter handle is @D1_JC. He has had a Purdue offer for a while. I would assume he is legit. I am on IPhone or I would copy over a link. Looks like a good pick up.

I saw the tweet. I don't buy it.

Purdue offered and he accepted, so I'm not understanding what there is to buy about it, but one thing is sure, they've been on him for a long time and if they withdraw their offer now it would be a very bad publicity type of move.

Originally posted by boiler800:
Purdue offered and he accepted, so I'm not understanding what there is to buy about it, but one thing is sure, they've been on him for a long time and if they withdraw their offer now it would be a very bad publicity type of move.

No it wouldn't. Offers dry up all the time. Also, the kid reported he had an offer, not Purdue. You have no clue if he really had an offer in the first place.

At this point, if legit...the main site would have latched onto this and reported it.

Originally posted by pboiler18:
At this point, if legit...the main site would have latched onto this and reported it.
Scout has and they do have an interview with him, but I agree with you, Rivals seems to be the best at confirming all this.

With a couple of coaches with ties to the Cincinnati (Ohio) area, Jeffrey Christian.

"I was just ready and felt it was time," Christian told Scout about
his commitment. "I really wanted to play in the Big Ten Conference, so
I'm looking forward to getting up there and working hard to get on the
field."

Two Purdue coaches played roles in Christian's recruitment and the double team paid off.

"Coach (Greg) Hudson was my area recruiter," he said. "But Coach
(Taver) Johnson was really involved and wanted me. When I spoke with
Coach Johnson, he said he was excited and said he can't wait to see what
I can do."

What sold the 5-foot-10, 175-pound defender of giving the Boilermakers his pledge?

"I felt like I could go there and start right away if I do what I've
got to do," he said. "My goal going into college as a true freshman is
to do my thing and make a difference. Coach Johnson wants to see if I'm
going to come in and earn my spot. Coming from Colerain, he knows we
work so I'm going to continue to work hard and do what I've got to do."

Christian has been told the staff could use him as a corner or safety
when he arrives and he no problems playing either position.

"I know you have to be versatile at the next level," he said. "I'm
already working in the weight room to get ready and we'll just see what
happens."

Jeff Christian

Wierd how ESPN, 247sports and Scout all have him committed to Purdue, yet Rivals does not mention anything. I dont think I have seen that before.

Wierd how ESPN, 247sports and Scout all have him committed to Purdue, yet Rivals does not mention anything. I dont think I have seen that before.
Same thing happened with Reche Thomas.

Originally posted by nat100:

And Sheldon Lewis, and Tyshawn Brown.... that's 4 players that have come out and verbled to us without there being an actual indication from the school that we've accepted. Makes me think something larger is going on. I hope it's not as bad as it seems to me. But it feels like they have switched gears to trying to put out so many offers in order to get players that some of the players are coming back and accepting when we're still holding out for other players. On it's face that's good for the program if we get the better players, but I have to imagine overall that's not the message you want to send to recruits unless you're upfront about the contingencies of the offer. And if they were, it makes you wonder why the player would commit if they know the contingencies of the offer and that they haven't been met.

Originally posted by Dr_billy_badass:

And Sheldon Lewis, and Tyshawn Brown.... that's 4 players that have come out and verbled to us without there being an actual indication from the school that we've accepted. Makes me think something larger is going on. I hope it's not as bad as it seems to me. But it feels like they have switched gears to trying to put out so many offers in order to get players that some of the players are coming back and accepting when we're still holding out for other players. On it's face that's good for the program if we get the better players, but I have to imagine overall that's not the message you want to send to recruits unless you're upfront about the contingencies of the offer. And if they were, it makes you wonder why the player would commit if they know the contingencies of the offer and that they haven't been met.
From what I know about Thomas, the offer was commitable as soon as the staff knew he could qualify. That is a commitment that could still materialize at the end of the academic year.

For the others, one would have to think those offers were contingent on other choices or other scenerios going down for them to not be honored by the staff.

If he legit has an offer I would take it. The kid is good, may have a bit of an attitude, but we cant turn talent away right now.

Originally posted by pboiler18:

Originally posted by Dr_billy_badass:

From what I know about Thomas, the offer was commitable as soon as the staff knew he could qualify. That is a commitment that could still materialize at the end of the academic year.

For the others, one would have to think those offers were contingent on other choices or other scenerios going down for them to not be honored by the staff.

Wrong on Thomas. That story is correct for brown

ADVERTISEMENT