ADVERTISEMENT

Jeff Brohm Buyout GoFundMe

Schiano is a legit coach...and he has a solid staff around him. In fact, now that Urban Meyer isn’t coaching in the BigTen any longer, he may already be at the top of the league. Harbaugh is a bust and Franklin looks like he isn’t all that when faced with some key injuries/optout. If Schiano recruits a bunch more four and five star dudes, watch out. You guys at least had the Drew Brees era...

Reactions: Klaus 7196
Schiano is a legit coach...and he has a solid staff around him. In fact, now that Urban Meyer isn’t coaching in the BigTen any longer, he may already be at the top of the league. Harbaugh is a bust and Franklin looks like he isn’t all that when faced with some key injuries/optout. If Schiano recruits a bunch more four and five star dudes, watch out. You guys at least had the Drew Brees era...
You know we’ve hit a new low when a Rutgers fan is talking trash. It’s kind of embarrassing

You know we’ve hit a new low when a Rutgers fan is talking trash. It’s kind of embarrassing
Not trying to troll. Rutgers fans generally have a sense of humor...and for good reason.

Didn't realize Brohm makes 6 mill per year. Schiano seems like a bargain at 4mill per.

Last edited:
Brohm's not getting fired, nor should he be. Shouldn't even be considered. He's the best we're going to get. He's a good man, represents the university very well, and players like him. You can tell he takes the losses hard and accepts responsibility. Look im not happy with the most recent loss and view it as a setback for the program, but calling for Brohm's head at this juncture is irrational.

Reactions: New Pal Boiler
Much better if we use a few hundred dollars of it to buy you out from this forum - and the rest of it to buy out Tony Levine's Chick-Fil-a restaurant in Houston and hire him to come back to coach special teams.

we need a DC before a STC lol

who you gonna get? Who isn’t gonna have their agent hitting the phones hard if they have one good season at Purdue?
The go fund me page is far more embarrassing to Purdue than the recent poor coaching of the team. I expect more civility and basic human compassion from our fans than this sort of thing. Brohm has had a very rough year. He had to fight off the covid virus and try to protect his players gfomgetting it. He’s alsobeen the victim of some horrible officials that are beyond his control. Does anyone think that starting a page like this will have a positive impact on Brohm’s morale and dedication to Do the very best that he can do for Purdue? J FON’t think so. I don’t care sbout the size of Brohm’s contract.
He’s a Boilermaker and a person with normal human feelings. Think about what posting a page like this can do a person’s emotional health and the health of his family. Let’s keep our priorities straight. Yes, we all love to win football games But coming down on our coach like this is not a decent thing to do.

STs is killing us - blocked field goal, non-existent return yardage, poor punting, and a 100-yd rut td return.

I honestly don't understand how this guy has a job. One of our punts was partially blocked yesterday as well.

defense killing us more

They're both important.....not sure which phase is killing Purdue more, but they're behind the 8-ball more often than not in either. Put another way, if you're consistently losing the match-up in both those phases, your offense better be having a really good/great day to win. One of the many maddening things (among several) is the defense has had its moments, and the sack safety really turned things in favor of Purdue. Then the defense and special teams both contribute in the 3rd quarter to giving Rutgers control of the game. Not to be outdone, the offense picked up the slack with a turnover too. Part of learning how to win.....making the plays (and avoiding the mistakes) when the game's on the line....still learning that.

Purdue has been in every game so far with chances down the stretch in all three losses. I still think CJB can and will right the ship and has the chance to build the program effectively. Still some big holes to fill with solid recruiting. Candidly, I didn't see this kind of inconsistency coming, and CJB is ultimately responsible. He is getting paid well for his position, and this year has been tough to figure.....I can understand the criticism. I expect there will be some staff changes, but CJB isn't going to be one unless he wants to leave. JMHO

Reactions: Beorik
The go fund me page is far more embarrassing to Purdue than the recent poor coaching of the team. I expect more civility and basic human compassion from our fans than this sort of thing. Brohm has had a very rough year. He had to fight off the covid virus and try to protect his players gfomgetting it. He’s alsobeen the victim of some horrible officials that are beyond his control. Does anyone think that starting a page like this will have a positive impact on Brohm’s morale and dedication to Do the very best that he can do for Purdue? J FON’t think so. I don’t care sbout the size of Brohm’s contract.
He’s a Boilermaker and a person with normal human feelings. Think about what posting a page like this can do a person’s emotional health and the health of his family. Let’s keep our priorities straight. Yes, we all love to win football games But coming down on our coach like this is not a decent thing to do.

agreed

probably the kind of thing that will make him give us the finger 5 minutes after he turns it around

as much as brohm frustrates me he only does so because I know he’s better than some of the stuff that’s gone on

Do people really fall for this crap? Judging by the number of donations I am guessing Purdue fans are too smart for this scam.

Reactions: Bethboilerfan
It may be helpful to recognize that the original poster created his profile on November 19, 2020. He’s just here to stir the pot and is either A) a troll, or B) afraid to post under his normal profile.
Which ever it is, wasting our time on him is just that, a waste. There is a reason the ignore function was created. I am using it for him.

agreed

probably the kind of thing that will make him give us the finger 5 minutes after he turns it around

as much as brohm frustrates me he only does so because I know he’s better than some of the stuff that’s gone on
Vandy just fired Mason. Lets send their AD some of brohms offensive highlights and see if we can sucker them into hiring him.

History says different. Iu has probably won what, 1 or 2 bowl games max in your lifetime?

Graduated three years before their Holiday Bowl win in 79 but can bet you a** I was out in San Diego for it. I was 10 or 11 the year they went to the Rose Bowl and really my first fond memory of Indiana. Unfortunately IU to date doesn’t have a great postseason resume but this old man has been alive for all of them.

I would say odds of that happening are definitely high. At a lot higher than the next time Purdue will be nationally ranked. That’s for sure.

Going 30 years without a bowl win is way worse than 13 without being ranked.

Reactions: BBG
ADVERTISEMENT