ADVERTISEMENT

Jaquil Taylor

May 25, 2013
When was the last time you saw a scholarship player getting zero meaningful minutes in a season? Taylor has had zero minutes other than garbage time at the end. Everything I hear about him is good. In the Rutgers game the announcer Bardo was saying how hard he worked in practice. He is a Rad Shirt freshman and has been around the system awhile. I am getting suspicious that in his desperation to land a 5 star recruit that Painter promised someone that they would be the starting 4 and no matter what Taylor does in practice he will not get playing time.
To me that is no way to run a program. If Taylor leaves after the season, I will loose all interest in Purdue Basketball as long as Painter is the coach.

He sure looked good getting that double double a few weeks ago,,,,,and shot the 3 well......unlike the team today.

I am getting suspicious that in his desperation to land a 5 star recruit that Painter promised someone that they would be the starting 4 and no matter what Taylor does in practice he will not get playing time.
To me that is no way to run a program. If Taylor leaves after the season, I will loose all interest in Purdue Basketball as long as Painter is the coach.[/QUOTE]

C'mon maaaaaaaaaaan.

Painter can't be playing 12 guys a game. The rotation needs to be set and established. It's not a strength of his as his substitution patterns are awful, but I can't blame him for having a few guys (yes, scholarship guys) not play. I don't know if it's a promise or what but Biggie is hurting us more than helping us in virtually every big game this year with the exception of Butler. Biggie is very talented and you have to hope Painter can do something with that talent, but that might be asking too much.

When was the last time you saw a scholarship player getting zero meaningful minutes in a season? Taylor has had zero minutes other than garbage time at the end. Everything I hear about him is good. In the Rutgers game the announcer Bardo was saying how hard he worked in practice. He is a Rad Shirt freshman and has been around the system awhile. I am getting suspicious that in his desperation to land a 5 star recruit that Painter promised someone that they would be the starting 4 and no matter what Taylor does in practice he will not get playing time.
To me that is no way to run a program. If Taylor leaves after the season, I will loose all interest in Purdue Basketball as long as Painter is the coach.
Jacquil looked great against a team that would get hammered by about 250 other college basketball teams, so let's not get carried away. Having said that, if he can hit a 3, I would give him a shot.

Reactions: Schnelk and mathboy
Yeah, that's what we need, freaking Jaq-Tay out there chucking 3s.

Promises at the 4?? Biggie has earned every damn minute he plays. Kid is leading the B1G in rebounding, LEADING THE CONFERENCE, as well as scoring 10 per. What more do you need??

Reactions: PSU/B1G and rjmpu82
When was the last time you saw a scholarship player getting zero meaningful minutes in a season?
90% of the rest of the country?
We play deeper than most.
OSU would play 7 or practically 6 deep in their prime.

He will see minutes next year.

Reactions: mathboy
Yeah, that's what we need, freaking Jaq-Tay out there chucking 3s.

Promises at the 4?? Biggie has earned every damn minute he plays. Kid is leading the B1G in rebounding, LEADING THE CONFERENCE, as well as scoring 10 per. What more do you need??
For him to play defense!!1

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT