ADVERTISEMENT

Jaden Ivey

That's great for Jaden. I hope that he becomes another terrific ambassador for Purdue basketball.

But the most amazing part of that clip for those of us who grew up in metro Detroit is that George Blaha sounds as enthusiastic and fresh as he would have when describing a similar play that Isiah Thomas would have made in autumn 1981.

That's great for Jaden. I hope that he becomes another terrific ambassador for Purdue basketball.

But the most amazing part of that clip for those of us who grew up in metro Detroit is that George Blaha sounds as enthusiastic and fresh as he would have when describing a similar play that Isiah Thomas would have made in autumn 1981.
Blaha’s HOF voice is timeless and you’re right, it doesn’t seem to age at all.

On Ivey, I think once he realizes he can get past most anyone, even in the NBA, his game will slow down in his head and he’s going to take a massive leap. Ivey, Cade and Duren are eventually going to be a trio that will dominate the league for years.

Painter and his wife made a point to see his Mom before the game, and, she was very pleased seemingly.

PJ, Brantley and Elliott Bloom were there as well.

Ivey had said something at one point during the game after a big shot to Painter, and, it was very cool when he went to him post-game with the jersey.

Like others, I do think that he has a bright future in the NBA, and, if so, that should hopefully pay some dividends for Painter/Purdue.

That's a pretty good start. I hope he's able to keep it up.

OT: I did just see the NBA is going to 'crack down' on tanking this year. ...just in time for the Pacers to try tanking for the first time ever. I swear, the league should just move the team somewhere else; the Pacers are the "Cleveland State" of the NBA. :D

Nba has had empty words regarding tanking for the last decade, believe it when you see it, not before you see it.

Haha.....that goes for just about everything these days.....

~
DT

monty-python-tim.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Schnelk
I think he is the leading, or a close 2nd, in team scoring for them

Yes, three double/doubles (@ Pacers, @ Celtics, and v. Thunder). He's 5th in scoring, 4th in rebounds, 2nd in assists, and leads in steals - 3rd in minutes as well. Also, he's shooting 44.6% from the field (35.1% for 3pt FG) and 72.5% on FT's.

Having a very solid season so far for a rookie - no surprise, and he will continue to rise.....literally and figuratively.

Stock up, Baby!
up.gif

popcorn.gif

Reactions: boilerbusdriver
Yes, three double/doubles (@ Pacers, @ Celtics, and v. Thunder). He's 5th in scoring, 4th in rebounds, 2nd in assists, and leads in steals - 3rd in minutes as well. Also, he's shooting 44.6% from the field (35.1% for 3pt FG) and 72.5% on FT's.

Having a very solid season so far for a rookie - no surprise, and he will continue to rise.....literally and figuratively.

Stock up, Baby!
up.gif

popcorn.gif
Sacramento has gotta pissed about drafting the Wisconsin kid.

Perhaps teams tanked the draft last year! Supposedly the greatest player since LeBron will be in the draft this year. I can see a lot of teams “cough cough”. Evaluating young players this year and not trying to win games!

Keegan Murray went to Sacramento. He is putting almost 12 ppg. Johnny Davis is in Washington averaging less then 1ppg
Gotcha. Easy to get those school's confused. And yeah, I had heard Davis was playing horribly. Saw that someone called him the lottery pick they had ever watched.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
I recall many people calling both kent benson and Joe barry carroll as total busts. a look at their careers would reflect both had very long and successful NBA careers. Neither player was a hall of famer, but they were good players.

many people have said big dog was the worst choice over kidd and hill. all three players had great careers.

Ivey went for 32/8/8 tonight.

He averages about 5 assists a game which leads all rookies. And his 15.4 ppg are 3rd among rookies.
To add, in this game’s 9 point loss to the Bucks, he had a plus minus of +1. He is improving steadily on the defensive end.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
Detroit is terrible this season, but when Cunningham returns and they add another top 5 pick next season they should have one of the most talented young rosters in the league.
I don't pay any attention to the NBA, but my son keeps hoping they get Victor Wembanyama.

Reactions: Bill4411
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT