ADVERTISEMENT

Jacob Bandes gets an offer

StickPurdue

Junior
Sep 17, 2016
Indianapolis
He was one of the top 5 defensive linemen at The Opening. It sounds like GK is recruiting him hard. His recruitment blew up because of his performance. He is a big DT that was dominant against the top linemen. That would be two five stars on the defensive line. This '19 class has the chance of being far better than I imagined and GK deserves a boatload of credit. He is becoming my favorite boilermaker ever and he hasn't played a single down!

Would be a fantastic get for us, interesting he was thought to be a UCLA lean and they didn't make his top 8. My bet is he goes to Washington.

Reactions: Zaphod_B
Why is he interested in Illinois?

Probably because of their coach, Lovie Smith. Head coach of a Super Bowl team and coached some defensive legends. Not sure if their is any other connections.

As for Purdue, if they want a chance they have to get him on campus. Get him to a game with GK. If Purdue can get him on campus (preferably as an OV but I think all of his OVs are currently planned. Going to have to get him to change one.) Purdue got in super late, so to make the final cut of one of the best players in the nation this late in the game is almost unheard of for Purdue.

Just keep an eye out to see if we can land an OV.

Purdue’s own Greek Freak(GK) and him together with the others we already have committed, this Defense could be one of the greats, I say could be one of the greatest Purdue has seen in 40+ years. Still need to add some LB’s and JJ Weaver, then watch it shake out over the next 3-4 years. Fun Fun, c’mon Jacob

Reactions: Zaphod_B
ADVERTISEMENT