ADVERTISEMENT

Jack Sullivan hits the portal

Ready to move on. Should be fine with Jenkins, Sydnor and Carraway
Agreed. Sullivan had a great year and overall his development at Purdue was really solid, but I think those three guys will be better pure pass rushers with more speed to their game. Not to mention Strickland is waiting in the wings. It hurts to lose the experience and leadership but a lot to be optimistic for with our young depth.

NONSENSE! 5 coordinators and 4 position coaches in 4 years????? Give me a break! He has been an awesome Boilermaker!!! A damn good one!!!!!
That really only proves he wanted to be a Boilermaker (past tense). Clearly he doesn’t now. I have nothing ill to say about him but agree that I don’t really care that he is leaving. We should all want people that want to be at Purdue now. I am excited to see what Walters can do. I hope everyone that isn’t leaves.

I love our guys, and would rather not see them use their 6th year someplace else.

That being said, Brevard, Caraway, Syndor, Lewis, and throw in Harkless...all have more upside imo and would probably play over the guys who just left anyway.

Reactions: drewjin
I love our guys, and would rather not see them use their 6th year someplace else.

That being said, Brevard, Caraway, Syndor, Lewis, and throw in Harkless...all have more upside imo and would probably play over the guys who just left anyway.
hopefully Stansbuty hops on board.

Agreed. Sullivan had a great year and overall his development at Purdue was really solid, but I think those three guys will be better pure pass rushers with more speed to their game. Not to mention Strickland is waiting in the wings. It hurts to lose the experience and leadership but a lot to be optimistic for with our young depth.
had a good year

Reactions: pboiler18
Only want people that want to be Boilermakers
NONSENSE! 5 coordinators and 4 position coaches in 4 years????? Give me a break! He has been an awesome Boilermaker!!! A damn good one!!!!!
If he graduated, he'll always be a Boiler maker. Nothing wrong with getting a graduate degree elsewhere on someone else's dime.

I’m concerned about the timing. Couldn’t he have entered the portal after the bowl game? Or is there a specific window? Or is he afraid the good offers will all be gone if he waits another week?

Reactions: drewjin
I’m concerned about the timing. Couldn’t he have entered the portal after the bowl game? Or is there a specific window? Or is he afraid the good offers will all be gone if he waits another week?
I believe there is a short/specific window.

That really only proves he wanted to be a Boilermaker (past tense). Clearly he doesn’t now. I have nothing ill to say about him but agree that I don’t really care that he is leaving. We should all want people that want to be at Purdue now. I am excited to see what Walters can do. I hope everyone that isn’t leaves.
He is a Purdue graduate 🎓 now and people are complaining about a grad transfer? We will be fine and he will be fine too.

He is a Purdue graduate 🎓 now and people are complaining about a grad transfer? We will be fine and he will be fine too.
Didn’t complain even a little. Good luck to him and completely agree we are fine without him.

ADVERTISEMENT