ADVERTISEMENT

Jack Benter

I read on Rivals awhile back that Ky was his dream school. That offer has been there for quite awhile now. Maybe he likes the style Purdue/Painter plays.
I read years ago that when selling the huge UCLA fan, John Paxson, to come to Notre Dame, Digger said you can be on UCLA, or, you can be on the team that beats UCLA.

Didn't Woodson just offer Perry? I'm pretty sure Painter's been recruiting him hard for at least a year now. And if it took Woodson that long to offer after being "first" I'd be a little worried if I were an IU fan about his vision for the program.

I'd be shocked if it's not Kentucky. He sounds like exactly what they need. No inside info, but they should get whoever they want in state IMO.
He did just offer recently, and when your team has went 5-7 years without an consistent threat from three point land, it more than makes you worry...My guess is Kentucky also, but he does play for Mark Adams and Indiana Elite so who knows.

Reactions: Do Dah Day
I read years ago that when selling the huge UCLA fan, John Paxson, to come to Notre Dame, Digger said you can be on UCLA, or, you can be on the team that beats UCLA.
YMBRIMBC (think Billy Joel) - but, my recollection is that he said that to Rich Branning who grew up in Huntington Beach, CA. Admittedly, Digger could have used the line more than once. So, we both could be right.

Reactions: ChuckJr
YMBRIMBC (think Billy Joel) - but, my recollection is that he said that to Rich Branning who grew up in Huntington Beach, CA. Admittedly, Digger could have used the line more than once. So, we both could be right.
I think you may be right on that Ken, as your memory was always on point.

Reactions: GregJM24
One never really knows how these recruiting battles will go.

IF Painter somehow landed him, he would have turned another corner IMO getting a player like this out of the Bluegrass State. It would be particularly stinging for Kentucky, as I think in the past Calipari hasn't really considered Purdue any threat at all for Kentucky's top targets.
I’ve seen some reports that Calipari may be on the move from Kentucky after this year. That may help Purdue’s chances.

He did just offer recently, and when your team has went 5-7 years without an consistent threat from three point land, it more than makes you worry...My guess is Kentucky also, but he does play for Mark Adams and Indiana Elite so who knows.
Kentucky has 3-point guards signed for 2023 the #1 PG in 2023 DJ Wagner, Robert Dillingham a 5 star from NC, and Reed Shepard a 4 star from Kentucky. He would have to hope they all leave or risk playing behind two or more of them for 3 years. Throw in a possible coaching change and KY doesn't seem so great. VS a stable #1 ranked team that plays inside out. Just to shade more on KY they are projected to land Johnuel Fland Jr a 5 star from NY in 2024 class. I don't see KY in his future. But you never know. I like our chances. If it's not Kentucky, where do you see him going.

Kentucky has 3-point guards signed for 2023 the #1 PG in 2023 DJ Wagner, Robert Dillingham a 5 star from NC, and Reed Shepard a 4 star from Kentucky. He would have to hope they all leave or risk playing behind two or more of them for 3 years. Throw in a possible coaching change and KY doesn't seem so great. VS a stable #1 ranked team that plays inside out. Just to shade more on KY they are projected to land Johnuel Fland Jr a 5 star from NY in 2024 class. I don't see KY in his future. But you never know. I like our chances. If it's not Kentucky, where do you see him going.
Not sure but heard LVille is trying to get involved also. I do think Indiana would be a great choice as we dont have his type of shooting on the roster, which should mean immediate playing time. Purdue will still be pretty loaded at guard spots and depending on Edey staying another year if you play inside out or not. I have only seen small videos of Berg so have no idea on his ability.

Not sure but heard LVille is trying to get involved also. I do think Indiana would be a great choice as we dont have his type of shooting on the roster, which should mean immediate playing time. Purdue will still be pretty loaded at guard spots and depending on Edey staying another year if you play inside out or not. I have only seen small videos of Berg so have no idea on his ability.
No one is going to choose Louisville anytime soon. I don't think Painter loses a recruit to IU until IU does something on a national level. Painter has been playing inside out for 18 years I don't see him changing. Berg is the heir apparent however Trey Kaufman Renn scored 8 points in 9 minutes last night. In the only game Zach missed TKR scored 24 so I think we will be ok. Zach will be long gone before Perry gets to Mackey. I like our chances with him. Not to rub salt in the IU wound but almost all of Purdue's weekend games have been played on National tv the last few years. In fact, we landed Berg because he and his father watched them in Sweden. Back to back seasons of being ranked #1 last year it was all about Ivey lottery pick this year Edey will win national player of the year. The big games IU played on the national stage they got beat badly by Arizona (14) and Kansas (22). I am more worried about UCLA coming than an IU resurgence. I know some Purdue fans enjoy trashing on IU and vice versa. I just want all the b10 teams to be better. I am sick of them losing to average teams.

No one is going to choose Louisville anytime soon. I don't think Painter loses a recruit to IU until IU does something on a national level. Painter has been playing inside out for 18 years I don't see him changing. Berg is the heir apparent however Trey Kaufman Renn scored 8 points in 9 minutes last night. In the only game Zach missed TKR scored 24 so I think we will be ok. Zach will be long gone before Perry gets to Mackey. I like our chances with him. Not to rub salt in the IU wound but almost all of Purdue's weekend games have been played on National tv the last few years. In fact, we landed Berg because he and his father watched them in Sweden. Back to back seasons of being ranked #1 last year it was all about Ivey lottery pick this year Edey will win national player of the year. The big games IU played on the national stage they got beat badly by Arizona (14) and Kansas (22). I am more worried about UCLA coming than an IU resurgence. I know some Purdue fans enjoy trashing on IU and vice versa. I just want all the b10 teams to be better. I am sick of them losing to average teams.
Yeah, this isn't your fathers Louiseville. Unless L'ville has a family member on staff, I don't see them being a factor.

Reactions: Poprudy
Was that Digger’s “you remind me of Dwayne Wade” closing move ??

• Haha
Reactions: Schnelk and TX4GB
Yeah, this isn't your fathers Louiseville. Unless L'ville has a family member on staff, I don't see them being a factor.
That and half the team will be gone after this year. Zero cohesiveness on this team right now. A current player told his father that the guards are intentionally not running the correct offense, because they want bigger NIL deals and feel they should get more money. This is going to be a factor for these teams paying out big checks.

Those officials seemed pretty biased towards the home team
There was some home cooking lol. BNL did get some guys in foul trouble in the first. The announcers were always saying, “I would need to look at that one again”. I’ll need to watch the second half. They posted a different link after halftime.

There was some home cooking lol. BNL did get some guys in foul trouble in the first. The announcers were always saying, “I would need to look at that one again”. I’ll need to watch the second half. They posted a different link after halftime.
Yes! I know it’s high school level officiating but it was pretty bad at times.

Last edited:
Reactions: oldboiler52
I know he scored 29 but he was out of sync. Started out with a bunch of not necessary one footed fade aways which is not his game. I was totally confused as to why? His dad benched him in the 2nd Quarter and I am sure it was the stupid shots afterwards he came back in and played right.

I know he scored 29 but he was out of sync. Started out with a bunch of not necessary one footed fade aways which is not his game. I was totally confused as to why? His dad benched him in the 2nd Quarter and I am sure it was the stupid shots afterwards he came back in and played right.
The announcers were asking why was he taking those off balanced shots. He was taller than anyone out there. BNL looked pretty good and they are a 4a school compared to 2a. Good win by Brownstown on the road.

Last edited:
KY has a really good guard Sheppard coming in next year.Someone said he was ranked 22 in the country.His dad also played at KY Sheppard that is.

Saw on gbi or on3 recently where they were asking Perry about some of the schools that were recruiting him.He spoke pretty highly of Howard and Mi.Don't understand the love for Howard.I think he's a lousy coach.Did any of you see Mi.melt down tonight against IU.It was a pathetic play he drew up for his son (air ball) instead of getting the ball in the post to Dickinson who had TJD backed down but know his son plays hero ball and they lose.Pathetic.

Saw on gbi or on3 recently where they were asking Perry about some of the schools that were recruiting him.He spoke pretty highly of Howard and Mi.Don't understand the love for Howard.I think he's a lousy coach.Did any of you see Mi.melt down tonight against IU.It was a pathetic play he drew up for his son (air ball) instead of getting the ball in the post to Dickinson who had TJD backed down but know his son plays hero ball and they lose.Pathetic.
I think they like Phil Martelli but he is getting up there. It seems like he would retire at some point.

Michigan straight sh*t the bed down the stretch, IU was very fortunate to walk away with the win!

You don't think Matt would have taken the Hood kid?
You're not paying enough attention.
They hold a huge national and yes, even state identity and all it will take is a decent tourney run (2 wins) and year next year and there will be red flags flying every where you look and they will be getting top 10 classes again year in and year out.
iu is getting 5 star guys Now when they haven't won in 10 years.
And Sams Club is full of iu crap and not a single Purdue shirt to be found.
Again, we've been kicking their ass regularly, doing way better nationally, and making some headway in state, but..............
For "old" in your name you should know better than to count them out.

They hold a huge national and yes, even state identity and all it will take is a decent tourney run (2 wins) and year next year and there will be red flags flying every where you look and they will be getting top 10 classes again year in and year out.
Again, we've been kicking their ass regularly, doing way better nationally, and making some headway in state, but..............
They also were ranked higher, brought back the most percentage point per game, minutes per game and yet still couldn't win a B1G. Like Baker said "no one is scared of IU" and you obviously aren't paying much attention. Look at our recruiting classes coming in. Even though the recruiting rating is overrated as you can see🤔

I trust CMP's system over any recruiting ratings.

Reactions: Schnelk
They also were ranked higher, brought back the most percentage point per game, minutes per game and yet still couldn't win a B1G. Like Baker said "no one is scared of IU" and you obviously aren't paying much attention. Look at our recruiting classes coming in. Even though the recruiting rating is overrated as you can see🤔

I trust CMP's system over any recruiting ratings.
Nobody is arguing with you that iu is better.
YOU claimed we don't lose players to iu. Thats' silly.
If you can't see the program "on the rise" thats your problem and you'll be bemoaning it soon enough.
Best to keep your eyes open.
Or start paying attention.

Nobody is arguing with you that iu is better.
YOU claimed we don't lose players to iu. Thats' silly.
If you can't see the program "on the rise" thats your problem and you'll be bemoaning it soon enough.
Best to keep your eyes open.
Or start paying attention.
What???

Well, I never said we don't lose recruits to IU and I never said IU was better. You keep claiming IU is better in every way national or state wide. You're either drunk or not watching what you're posting. Maybe a typical delusional closet IU fan?

What???

Well, I never said we don't lose recruits to IU and I never said IU was better. You keep claiming IU is better in every way national or state wide. You're either drunk or not watching what you're posting. Maybe a typical delusional closet IU fan?
Oops, I thought you were the original poster.
My bad.
You are clueless though.

Lol. Ok, bud!🤪

• Haha
Reactions: Schnelk
ADVERTISEMENT