ADVERTISEMENT

Ivey

Pretty good numbers for a rookie. His +/- has been improving as well. He just needs experience and to build up his body. Tough league.

Took the boy out to Boston last night to watch the Celtics vs. Pistons. I’m definitely not an NBA fan - he is - but Ivey has the makings of a great pro for a long time in that league. Think he had 17 points and 5 boards - Pistons are really bad - hopefully a few more early draft picks will fix that.

I saw him in person a few weeks ago and was kind of disappointed tbh. He was taking a lot of bad shots and had 2-3 turnovers from passes to nobody. He had one really cool dunk so that was fun.

I found myself remembering why I don’t have any interest in the NBA anymore. It was just whoever had the ball driving or shooting over and over, no good passing or team play at all. That seems to be how most of the NBA is. Although recent notable exceptions would be Spurs under Pops and the Warriors during their run. Its strange to me because those teams were really really good, so why isn’t there more of an emphasis on passing and good team play throughout the league?

Reactions: Professor Emeritus
I saw him in person a few weeks ago and was kind of disappointed tbh. He was taking a lot of bad shots and had 2-3 turnovers from passes to nobody. He had one really cool dunk so that was fun.

I found myself remembering why I don’t have any interest in the NBA anymore. It was just whoever had the ball driving or shooting over and over, no good passing or team play at all. That seems to be how most of the NBA is. Although recent notable exceptions would be Spurs under Pops and the Warriors during their run. Its strange to me because those teams were really really good, so why isn’t there more of an emphasis on passing and good team play throughout the league?

There must have been a Purdue family a few rows behind me because one little boy kept yelling “Give it to Ivey!” And “Shoot it Ivey!” the entire game lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Professor Emeritus
Took the boy out to Boston last night to watch the Celtics vs. Pistons. I’m definitely not an NBA fan - he is - but Ivey has the makings of a great pro for a long time in that league. Think he had 17 points and 5 boards - Pistons are really bad - hopefully a few more early draft picks will fix that.
You are a good dad taking one for the team like that.

I checked in to the broadcast when I heard the Pistons were in town to get a look at Ivey. The NBA is a crashing bore for the reasons depthcharge articulated.

Reactions: depthcharge623

You have to keep in mind the Pistons are tanking. Especially after Cunningham went down.

Couldn't win in this system. TELLING..

ADVERTISEMENT