ADVERTISEMENT

Ivey - outsider opinion

Aug 16, 2009
I’ll preface with I’m an msu grad and I know how you guys feel about that.

Formalities aside, I’m pumped Ivey is a Piston. Never thought we’d get him, but thank you Sacramento!

I hated watching Ivey torch my Spartans this past year, but what a great complement to Cade and the Pistons!!! MSU v Purdue aside, I hope Detroit gained some fans from the state of Indiana today! Going to be very fun to watch!

Formalities aside, I’m pumped Ivey is a Piston. Never thought we’d get him, but thank you Sacramento!

I hated watching Ivey torch my Spartans this past year, but what a great complement to Cade and the Pistons!!! MSU v Purdue aside, I hope Detroit gained some fans from the state of Indiana today! Going to be very fun to watch!

Classy post. We’re all thrilled he avoided the dumpster fire that is Sacramento.

I am biased, but I think this will be looked back on as a steal when he is the best player taken in this draft 5 years from now. The improvement he's made every year since his Frosh season is on a crazy trajectory. When will that stop?

Sure he had a bad game at the worst time against St Peters, but people who use that as a negative don't mention how he played a great floor game not forcing anything vs Texas the game prior and iced it with a step back NBA 3 to go up from 3 to 6 with 1 min left. That shot took balls, and Ivey had more of those clutch moments of putting team on back than anyone in this draft.

As a Pacer fan, I'm excited about Mathurin for similar reasons too and think it will be fun to see if these guys are at the top of this class when it's all said and done.

I believe Ivey will be an absolute monster in the NBA. I think he will be an All Star within a few years. Ivey has it all. If he’s paired with other good players I have no doubt he can excel.

Reactions: pboiler18

Wanted him in Indy, but maybe Detroit was meant to be:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT