ADVERTISEMENT

Ivey going #1

Pacers may not make the playoffs next year so they may get another decent pick in 2023. Cavs were close to making the playoffs this year. Kings could go for it.
Ivey will need to live up to expectations with that haul. It could be another Joe Barry Carroll for Robert Parish and Kevin McHale. More pressure added especially with the home state Pacers.

Do these salaries match at all? Who the hell do they think wants Westbrook? Lakers are dumb.

I thought they had to under the NBA trade rules and salary cap, but admittedly, sometimes trying to figure that stuff out is like a Rube Goldberg exercise. The Westbrook roll of the dice definitely came up snake eyes for the Lakers. Way too many cooks (and no chefs) in that kitchen, IMO.

Do these salaries match at all? Who the hell do they think wants Westbrook? Lakers are dumb.
It might be worth a thought if the pick wasn't 4 years down the road. Westbrook is toxic but the Lakers have to try to do something other than outright waive him.

Things are changing hours before the draft. Doesn't look like it will affect Ivey, although I did see a mock of the Knicks trading up to #4.

All of a sudden nobody knows what Orlando is going to do at 1. Tweets this morning said that all the books have moved their odds in favor of Banchero going 1. Mine has taken 1-3 off the board entirely, and the lead bet is #4 which favors Ivey at -225.

Things are changing hours before the draft. Doesn't look like it will affect Ivey, although I did see a mock of the Knicks trading up to #4.

All of a sudden nobody knows what Orlando is going to do at 1. Tweets this morning said that all the books have moved their odds in favor of Banchero going 1. Mine has taken 1-3 off the board entirely, and the lead bet is #4 which favors Ivey at -225.
Who the heck is betting on this stuff?

Who the heck is betting on this stuff?

John Ruiz?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯​

giphy-downsized.gif

Really happy he invited Paint. That and the emotion he showed after being selected were really great. I think some people here thought he was ready to leave Purdue in the rear view halfway through February so this was very nice to see. Wish him the best of luck at the next level.

Really happy he invited Paint. That and the emotion he showed after being selected were really great. I think some people here thought he was ready to leave Purdue in the rear view halfway through February so this was very nice to see. Wish him the best of luck at the next level.
I didn't watch the whole thing but Painter was the only coach I saw at the draft. Calipari normally goes, no? Maybe I just missed him.

I didn't watch the whole thing but Painter was the only coach I saw at the draft. Calipari normally goes, no? Maybe I just missed him.
Self was there. I started to do a wiseacre post saying Painter should talk to Self in order to get F4 tips but thought better of it

oh no, I hope Chet can recover from his foot injury.

I saw where he hurt his foot trying to stop LeBron James on a break and slipped but didn't know he was out for the season.....wow. Sad to hear - hope he has a full recovery.

On a secondary note, it was in Seattle and they had to stop the game because of the humid arena conditions causing the slick floor conditions. That will be some interesting fallout.

I just wonder if he is going to have the body that will work and last in the NBA. Reggie Miller was rail thin too, but he played a different position that did not require guarding post players like James, Jovic, etc. that Chet is going to have to be able to do.
Kevin Garnet was pretty skinny.

That being said, Chet has bust written all over him.

Kevin Garnet was pretty skinny.

That being said, Chet has bust written all over him.
Agree that KG was very skinny but to me he always looked wiry and muscular. Chet just looks ready to break at any time. I hope this is a one off and the kid has a great career but he just looks frail.

Reactions: ImRonBurgandy?
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT