ADVERTISEMENT

Ivey a 2022 lottery pick?

My comp for Ivey is Oladipo. Both started out somewhat raw as freshmen. Lots of potential, similar size, spotty shooting. Oladipo's draft stock skyrocketed when he improved his shooting by leaps and bounds in one year. I could see the same happening for Ivey, but I think it has to happen for him to be a lottery pick.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
Will have to wait and see. I remember people talking about Nojel Eastern being a lottery pick.

People? No that was his mom. I got in a fight with her when I didnt realize it was his mom and said he wasnt a NBA player until he develops a jumper.

Ivey is late lottery potential for sure, but I see him as a mid first to late first as currently constructed as a player. If he gets a 40% 3 point jumper, he is mid to late lottery. Either way he is most likely gone after the season especially since i think he develops that jumper, his mom is a very good coach and so he will have the extra coaching he needs with already great athletic ability and good length.

Lets make a run at the final 4 with him this year and enjoy watching him in the NBA in 2 years.

People? No that was his mom. I got in a fight with her when I didnt realize it was his mom and said he wasnt a NBA player until he develops a jumper.

Ivey is late lottery potential for sure, but I see him as a mid first to late first as currently constructed as a player. If he gets a 40% 3 point jumper, he is mid to late lottery. Either way he is most likely gone after the season especially since i think he develops that jumper, his mom is a very good coach and so he will have the extra coaching he needs with already great athletic ability and good length.

Lets make a run at the final 4 with him this year and enjoy watching him in the NBA in 2 years.
Politely disagree with the "late lottery" designation. This kid has the tools to pretty much do it all on the court and his shooting is improving RAPIDLY. Was truly better even week to week late in the year last year. As his minutes grew, so did his confidence and his ability to do anything and everything within the game.

A true 2 way player too. Incredible offensive threat but had tons of highlight reel blocks and hustle plays this year.

Politely disagree with the "late lottery" designation. This kid has the tools to pretty much do it all on the court and his shooting is improving RAPIDLY. Was truly better even week to week late in the year last year. As his minutes grew, so did his confidence and his ability to do anything and everything within the game.

A true 2 way player too. Incredible offensive threat but had tons of highlight reel blocks and hustle plays this year.

The talent level of a early lottery player is insane. Not many 2nd year players taken in the early lottery, first year players, team ignite, a couple of foreign, sometimes they barely play like Garland, or players who didnt start but huge talent like Patrick Williams. But 2nd year players are rare. Ja Morant had a huge jump to 24.5 points and 10 assists for a mid major program. If you think Ivey can be an 18 and 6 guy, then maybe he is mid to early lottery. I would love to see it, but if you look at what an early lottery player actually looks like and does AS A FRESHMAN, then you would know Ivey has a bit of an uphill battle.

We will see, i am guessing he is late lottery which would be nice.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
The talent level of a early lottery player is insane. Not many 2nd year players taken in the early lottery, first year players, team ignite, a couple of foreign, sometimes they barely play like Garland, or players who didnt start but huge talent like Patrick Williams. But 2nd year players are rare. Ja Morant had a huge jump to 24.5 points and 10 assists for a mid major program. If you think Ivey can be an 18 and 6 guy, then maybe he is mid to early lottery. I would love to see it, but if you look at what an early lottery player actually looks like and does AS A FRESHMAN, then you would know Ivey has a bit of an uphill battle.

We will see, i am guessing he is late lottery which would be nice.
Oladipo was a 3 year player and zelker was a 2 year. Both top 5 picks. Ivey has the potential to be as good as either.

I still never remember any Nojel nba talk. If there was, that was ludicrous. The only nba talk I remember is when he explored his options by putting his name in the draft after averaging 3-4 points a game his freshman year. Everyone made fun of him for doing it.

Will have to wait and see. I remember people talking about Nojel Eastern being a lottery pick.
not any comparison between the two, also, no draft sites had that. I don't remember one even having him on the board. Lottery might be high, top 20 seems more logical, either way he's likely a goner after this season which is fine.

I'll never understand all the Nojel Eastern negativity on this board. He went to Purdue for 3 years and he always played hard. He then decided to transfer. So what? It was his right to do so. Wish him the best in his life and move on.
The negativity is mostly the result of his Mama's posting on here.

Reactions: Indy_Rider
I'll never understand all the Nojel Eastern negativity on this board. He went to Purdue for 3 years and he always played hard. He then decided to transfer. So what? It was his right to do so. Wish him the best in his life and move on.
It is the result of his mom's lunacy and inability to realize there is more than one way to succeed in life. She has gone with the NBA or bust route from day 1 while completely ignoring the glaring holes in his game. I believe she completely torpedoed the staff here ability to further develop him based on the fact we would see some improvement in his shooting towards the end of the season only for him to start next season back at square one or worse because his mother knows better than the coaching staff.

So now you have a guy with no degree to act as a safety net pinning all his hopes on a low tier combine event filled with guys that are best G league players and she still is boasting that he will be a first round pick.

So it's basically the equivalent of watching an inevitable train wreck, you know what is coming, but you just can not look away.

Reactions: Zaphod_B
I still never remember any Nojel nba talk. If there was, that was ludicrous. The only nba talk I remember is when he explored his options by putting his name in the draft after averaging 3-4 points a game his freshman year. Everyone made fun of him for doing it.
Took me 20 seconds to find one using the search function.

I’m trying to think of similar players to Nojel in the NBA.. I don’t recall their names but there are at least two who come to mind .. a small forward for Oklahoma City and a guard for Philly.

While many players are very good all around players, it does take an elite skill to be in the NBA. Nojel’s defense is just that. If he can put together a great post up game, he has a chance at a roster spot as he can defend 1-3 at the nba level.”

I’m trying to think of similar players to Nojel in the NBA.. I don’t recall their names but there are at least two who come to mind .. a small forward for Oklahoma City and a guard for Philly.

While many players are very good all around players, it does take an elite skill to be in the NBA. Nojel’s defense is just that. If he can put together a great post up game, he has a chance at a roster spot as he can defend 1-3 at the nba level.”
The original point was that there had been talk of him going in the lottery. Which is quite a different deal than “chance at a roster spot.”

Yeah, the argument was always Ben Simmons is a PG who can't shoot.

Ben Simmons is also 6' 11" (vs 6' 7" for Nojel) and is a complete athletic freak. And he keeps working on developing his shot.

The Western Michigan shirt at the press conference was the deciding issue for me. Glad he is gone.

Reactions: IUhaterade
If he would have played power forward like Painter wanted him to, he might have been able to play in the gleague.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT