ADVERTISEMENT

IU's Allen better than Brohm?

His offer sheet isn’t that different from McCulley who is ranked similarly.

And I would never try and argue McCulley is Bama, Clemson, Ohio State good either (which I don't think you were). Just seen too many blue chip QB's from the state of Indiana chase offers over the years (Kiel, Brandon Peters, Johnson) and it completely blows up in their face. Kudos to Allen for choosing to stay home, as with McCulley.

I highly doubt Brohm can hold onto that kid with the rotten smell surrounding the Purdue program. If he's just vastly overrated, then maybe brohm can con him into coming to purdue.

I'm gonna chime in just a little (gently tiptoes into rival board convo with opinions) with what I believe is the primary characteristic of the Tom Allen era, and why it likely has so much more potential for staying power than the Wilson improvements:

Culture

Wilson gradually improved IU's on-field results, but the locker room and culture was a hot mess. It was a ticking time bomb that was diffused just in time.

Allen has improved the results exponentially--#8 in the country for IU football is no joke in any year. He has done so with largely three star recruits, with a few four stars sprinkled in. There is a reason it has worked so well. The culture of success, accountability, focus, and yes, love for their teammates, staff, and program is very very real. If you think the "LEO" stuff is hokey, it doesn't matter--it's real to the players, including those like Tuttle that weren't playing and wished they were. For those of you that work in a truly successful organization, you likely get why this matters so much, and why IU can withstand the loss of Michael Penix and go on the road to beat the #18 Badgers.

As long as Allen stays that culture stays--it's bigger than any one assistant or any player. As for recruiting? IU's culture is a national (college football) lead story. That will help recruiting. The current IU culture with largely four star players might be something special for a sustained period.

Does Brohm have the ability to establish a culture of focus, accountability, and love for the Purdue program. Maybe, but he hasn't yet.

Good luck this weekend for a hard-fought, injury free game. I'm absolutely sure that IU will show up at their best. They have for every single game this year--that's just the way they are.

I'm gonna chime in just a little (gently tiptoes into rival board convo with opinions) with what I believe is the primary characteristic of the Tom Allen era, and why it likely has so much more potential for staying power than the Wilson improvements:

Culture

Wilson gradually improved IU's on-field results, but the locker room and culture was a hot mess. It was a ticking time bomb that was diffused just in time.

Allen has improved the results exponentially--#8 in the country for IU football is no joke in any year. He has done so with largely three star recruits, with a few four stars sprinkled in. There is a reason it has worked so well. The culture of success, accountability, focus, and yes, love for their teammates, staff, and program is very very real. If you think the "LEO" stuff is hokey, it doesn't matter--it's real to the players, including those like Tuttle that weren't playing and wished they were. For those of you that work in a truly successful organization, you likely get why this matters so much, and why IU can withstand the loss of Michael Penix and go on the road to beat the #18 Badgers.

As long as Allen stays that culture stays--it's bigger than any one assistant or any player. As for recruiting? IU's culture is a national (college football) lead story. That will help recruiting. The current IU culture with largely four star players might be something special for a sustained period.

Does Brohm have the ability to establish a culture of focus, accountability, and love for the Purdue program. Maybe, but he hasn't yet.

Good luck this weekend for a hard-fought, injury free game. I'm absolutely sure that IU will show up at their best. They have for every single game this year--that's just the way they are.
Right, we know, the culture is bigger than any one assistant or any player - or any young woman who is choked by one of those players. Leo.

Cool story! When will that recruiting bump happen? Shit even with our crappy season we just landed two solid commitments the last few days lol.

That’s great re McCulley. Our guy in the ‘22 class is already ranked that high!

Purdue has nothing to be scared about when it comes to IU football.
Didnt we see this claim with Mallory? "Awakened" might be a newer term, but is is the same ol hype from a school that produced nothing.

ADVERTISEMENT