ADVERTISEMENT

IU

Purdue still never beat those terrible Crean teams by 30. I'm fact, Purdue has only beaten IU by more than 20 twice in the last like 70 years.
2009- Creans first season, y'all won by 14.
2010- Won by 3 at Assembly Hall and then 19 at Mackey.
2011- Won by at AH and 14 at Mackey.

That's against 3 teams that won 6, 10 and 12 games. And 1, 4 and 3 games in the B1G. They were borderline D2 teams. And then Indiana got Cody Zeller.
2012- Indiana wins by 17 and 11.
2013- Indiana wins by 37 at Mackey and 28 at Assembly 3. After the 3 years prior that IU went through, why wouldn't they smash anyone's faces into the ground that they could?
The difference? That 2011-2012 Purdue team went to the NCAA tourney. The 2012-2013 team was 9-9 in the B1G, though didn't make the tourney.
Obviously the so-called rivalry means a great deal to you.

Who obsesses over margins of victory like this? Another reason to cut down the nets?

Obviously the so-called rivalry means a great deal to you.

Who obsesses over margins of victory like this? Another reason to cut down the nets?
The rivalry should be cared about. It doesn't get the ESPN glorification that Duke-UNC gets obviously but it's a great rivalry. The two programs just haven't been in sync for a while. Last time both teams were ranked was February 20, 2016. This year is looking like it'll happen again after 7 years. Before 2016 it was February 19, 2008. Beofre that it was February 29, 2000.

*BTW, if you wanna talk about cutting down the nets, y'all should try it sometime at the end of the season*

As long as our pretty good team doesn’t finish third in conference, and then lose to a 15 seed I’m feeling OK.

If we can avoid major injuries, I like our chances.
To me iu plays like a AAU team. Hard to get momentum and hold it. Tough to win 3 in a row let alone 6 for what it takes. I call. I like OUR chances.
Boiler Up!

Reactions: DrEss and Zaphod_B
Happy about injuries with a facetious “too bad”

That’s what you are.
Way to presume my meaning through a post....should I have posted an emoji to show I was sincere?....it's too bad for tjd....feel bad for him 😔😕😥😢....looks like the Boilers have reloaded....braden smith > JHS....scary times for the loosiers...we might be ranked ahead of you next week 😄😅😆🤣

Way to presume my meaning through a post....should I have posted an emoji to show I was sincere?....it's too bad for tjd....feel bad for him 😔😕😥😢....looks like the Boilers have reloaded....braden smith > JHS....scary times for the loosiers...we might be ranked ahead of you next week 😄😅😆🤣
That’s a lot of emojis!

Nobody should revel in the injuries to these kids who work so hard to get on the court. However, the resultant impact to the fan base is probably the object of derision. We Boilermakers have known the sting of injuries to key players all too well, so my position is to send sincere sympathy to our rivals down south.

8-(

The rivalry should be cared about. It doesn't get the ESPN glorification that Duke-UNC gets obviously but it's a great rivalry. The two programs just haven't been in sync for a while. Last time both teams were ranked was February 20, 2016. This year is looking like it'll happen again after 7 years. Before 2016 it was February 19, 2008. Beofre that it was February 29, 2000.

*BTW, if you wanna talk about cutting down the nets, y'all should try it sometime at the end of the season*
It is a great rivaly. Historically.

But lol. You remember why IU cut down the nets and gave out rings, because you probably were alive then. Everything else? Someone read an old article to you.

It is a great rivaly. Historically.

But lol. You remember why IU cut down the nets and gave out rings, because you probably were alive then. Everything else? Someone read an old article to you.
Oh I was alive. Didn't like it but it happened. So it's whatever. I don't think many programs can or are willing to understand where the program was in Creans first 3 years. But oh well. Again, it's whatever. IU-Purdue is still better than UNC-Duke or Kentucky-Louisville over the last 25 years.

IU hired a known cheater who then cheated and got caught. The cheater also brought in a number of questionable characters to play for him. They kept said cheater even after the facts came out long enough to coach against Purdue and cheered the cheater on national tv.

Why would anyone care to understand where that left the IU program? We do understand that your fanbase was willing to support a caught cheater. As they say: "... in the end, class shows."

Reactions: DrEss
IU hired a known cheater who then cheated and got caught. The cheater also brought in a number of questionable characters to play for him. They kept said cheater even after the facts came out long enough to coach against Purdue and cheered the cheater on national tv.

Why would anyone care to understand where that left the IU program? We do understand that your fanbase was willing to support a caught cheater. As they say: "... in the end, class shows."
No doubt IU made a huge mistake for hiring Sampson and not monitoring him more closely, but IU was actually praised for the way IU separated itself from Sampson and self-imposed penalties against the IU program. After the NCAA investigation, no further sanctions were imposed on the program, IU handled this situation properly and with class.

How did Purdue handle its situation while the NCAA was investigating the Purdue Men’s basketball program for cheating? Purdue kept Frank Kendrick on staff during the investigation, However, when the NCAA found and announced that Purdue men’s basketball program was guilty of major violations of rules governing recruiting, extra benefits for athletes and ethical conduct, about a week later Keady and Kendrick announced that Kendrick would be reassigned to a new position at Purdue and not associated with the basketball program.

As much as I respect Coach Keady, his program was guilty of cheating under his watch. Frank Kendrick might be a good guy, but his cheating and unethical actions have been well documented which clearly has been a stain on the program. At the end of the day, I have no doubt that many other programs have broken rules way more severe than what took place at Purdue. I just disagree with you for bashing IU for not having class for the way IU ultimately handled Sampson.

Congrats to Purdue on the bucket win and for the beat down they handed Gonzaga too.

No doubt IU made a huge mistake for hiring Sampson and not monitoring him more closely, but IU was actually praised for the way IU separated itself from Sampson and self-imposed penalties against the IU program. After the NCAA investigation, no further sanctions were imposed on the program, IU handled this situation properly and with class.

How did Purdue handle its situation while the NCAA was investigating the Purdue Men’s basketball program for cheating? Purdue kept Frank Kendrick on staff during the investigation, However, when the NCAA found and announced that Purdue men’s basketball program was guilty of major violations of rules governing recruiting, extra benefits for athletes and ethical conduct, about a week later Keady and Kendrick announced that Kendrick would be reassigned to a new position at Purdue and not associated with the basketball program.

As much as I respect Coach Keady, his program was guilty of cheating under his watch. Frank Kendrick might be a good guy, but his cheating and unethical actions have been well documented which clearly has been a stain on the program. At the end of the day, I have no doubt that many other programs have broken rules way more severe than what took place at Purdue. I just disagree with you for bashing IU for not having class for the way IU ultimately handled Sampson.

Congrats to Purdue on the bucket win and for the beat down they handed Gonzaga too.
This is pretty easy to sort out. In this country, you are innocent until proven guilty. You do remember that aspect of American law, right? Frank Kendrick was removed from the Purdue program when the NCAA said he was guilty of lying, and not before. His appeals were rejected, and then Purdue acted. He was not a proven cheater before that incident, and hence, still on the Purdue staff. If I recall correctly, Sampson was in the "show cause" jail, and Indiana bailed him out. Then failed to monitor him closely enough.

Furthermore Frank's recruiting violation was not that serious. Giving a kid a ride in the rain. Purdue gained no advantage in recruiting from that act of kindness. Frank was let go for lying about that incident. Where as your coach was calling kids outside the contact window, thus gaining an unfair advantage in recruiting them because they were hearing from IU when the other, non-cheating schools were not calling. If you can't see the critical difference between the two situations, then I can't help you further.

This is pretty easy to sort out. In this country, you are innocent until proven guilty. You do remember that aspect of American law, right? Frank Kendrick was removed from the Purdue program when the NCAA said he was guilty of lying, and not before. His appeals were rejected, and then Purdue acted. He was not a proven cheater before that incident, and hence, still on the Purdue staff. If I recall correctly, Sampson was in the "show cause" jail, and Indiana bailed him out. Then failed to monitor him closely enough.

Furthermore Frank's recruiting violation was not that serious. Giving a kid a ride in the rain. Purdue gained no advantage in recruiting from that act of kindness. Frank was let go for lying about that incident. Where as your coach was calling kids outside the contact window, thus gaining an unfair advantage in recruiting them because they were hearing from IU when the other, non-cheating schools were not calling. If you can't see the critical difference between the two situations, then I can't help you further.
Maybe you just want to conveniently forget about the most serious violation that involved Frank Kendrick, who arranged for a $4000 bank loan to Luther Clay who told the NCAA that he understood that he would never have to repay the money. Kendrick also arranged for an Indianapolis businessman to provide housing and transportation for Porter Robert’s mom. Kendrick also admitted to telling Jamaal Davis to lie to the NCAA investigators about their illegal contact while Kendrick was recruiting Davis as a high school recruit. After this illegal contact between Davis and Kendrick during the summer of 1996, Purdue fined Kendrick an undisclosed sum and forbade him to recruit off campus for 10 days during the official recruiting period that began in November 1996. Purdue knew that Kendrick had cheated and broken rules in 1996 and Purdue kept Kendrick on staff until Keady announced on 7/8/99 about the new position for Kendrick outside of the basketball program, but within Purdue University. When the NCAA announced the punishments for Purdue and their major violations of rules, it was due to the violations that I mentioned above and not only and simply due to a coach on staff giving one kid a ride while it was raining.

I understand how the illegal phone calls were breaking the rules and cheating back then to gain an unfair advantage in recruiting. However, Kendrick’s illegal contact with Davis was also cheating which gave Purdue an unfair advantage over other non-cheating schools who were not contacting Davis during that recruiting dead period.

Sampson came to IU under some NCAA recruiting restrictions due to his previous illegal phone calls at Oklahoma. Sampson was punished with a 5 year show cause penalty by the NCAA after IU separated itself from Sampson.

Maybe you just want to conveniently forget about the most serious violation that involved Frank Kendrick, who arranged for a $4000 bank loan to Luther Clay who told the NCAA that he understood that he would never have to repay the money. Kendrick also arranged for an Indianapolis businessman to provide housing and transportation for Porter Robert’s mom. Kendrick also admitted to telling Jamaal Davis to lie to the NCAA investigators about their illegal contact while Kendrick was recruiting Davis as a high school recruit. After this illegal contact between Davis and Kendrick during the summer of 1996, Purdue fined Kendrick an undisclosed sum and forbade him to recruit off campus for 10 days during the official recruiting period that began in November 1996. Purdue knew that Kendrick had cheated and broken rules in 1996 and Purdue kept Kendrick on staff until Keady announced on 7/8/99 about the new position for Kendrick outside of the basketball program, but within Purdue University. When the NCAA announced the punishments for Purdue and their major violations of rules, it was due to the violations that I mentioned above and not only and simply due to a coach on staff giving one kid a ride while it was raining.

I understand how the illegal phone calls were breaking the rules and cheating back then to gain an unfair advantage in recruiting. However, Kendrick’s illegal contact with Davis was also cheating which gave Purdue an unfair advantage over other non-cheating schools who were not contacting Davis during that recruiting dead period.

Sampson came to IU under some NCAA recruiting restrictions due to his previous illegal phone calls at Oklahoma. Sampson was punished with a 5 year show cause penalty by the NCAA after IU separated itself from Sampson.
The stories of Branch McCracken cheating at IU is legendary, Dakich has told some of them on air. Knight claimed he was the first honest coach IU ever employed.

Reactions: ChuckJr and 5 to 0
The stories of Branch McCracken cheating at IU is legendary, Dakich has told some of them on air. Knight claimed he was the first honest coach IU ever employed.
Dakich has also been saying (Half-joking?) that if he could do it all over again that he would cheat like crazy and just win. I think he makes this comment based on the recent and less severe punishments handed out to programs that were far more guilty of much bigger violations than what I mentioned about IU and Purdue.

Dakich has also been saying (Half-joking?) that if he could do it all over again that he would cheat like crazy and just win. I think he makes this comment based on the recent and less severe punishments handed out to programs that were far more guilty of much bigger violations than what I mentioned about IU and Purdue.
Still desperately seeking our validation, right Sheriff?

Reactions: Poprudy

You are correct that Clay said that he did not expect to repay the loan. However, the bank that made the loan expected repayment as they testified. Only Clay held the position that he did not have to repay. Note also that no other players got no-repay loans as that was investigated. It strongly suggests Clay made that up. Kendrick did give a kid a ride in the rain. That is something most people would do as a courtesy. His mistake was lying.

I think you identified the accusations, but failed to note how many of those were dismissed by the NCAA.

Reactions: purduepat1969
You are correct that Clay said that he did not expect to repay the loan. However, the bank that made the loan expected repayment as they testified. Only Clay held the position that he did not have to repay. Note also that no other players got no-repay loans as that was investigated. It strongly suggests Clay made that up. Kendrick did give a kid a ride in the rain. That is something most people would do as a courtesy. His mistake was lying.
The NCAA found the $4000 loan was unsecured, given to a player with no credit history and lacked a co-signer. Kendrick arranged Clay to receive $4000 through a representative of the university with athletics interests. The loan was never repaid, minimal effort was made to collect the balance and eventually the loan was charged off by the bank after Clay transferred to Rhode Island following the 1995-96 academic year. In December 1996, Morgan Burke said Coach Keady and Coach Kendrick inadvertently violated NCAA rules by making 15 telephone calls to Davis, who later signed with Purdue. Also, all team and individual records from the 24 games during the 1995-96 season in which the ineligible player (Clay) participated were vacated.

Interesting. That Courtsense dude claims we are obsessed with IU because of this thread. Of couse, most of the posts have been from IU guys over here chatting with us.

:cool:

Reactions: Poprudy

What the hell is this Wikipedia? For fuzz sake.

Interesting. That Courtsense dude claims we are obsessed with IU because of this thread. Of couse, most of the posts have been from IU guys over here chatting with us.

Regardless, Purdue has looked like a top 5 team in the country over their past three games. Purdue deserves to be the highest ranked BigTen team when rankings come out on Monday. Purdue made quite the statement by crushing Gonzaga and Duke while also taking care of an always tough West Virginia team.

Reactions: mathboy
The NCAA found the $4000 loan was unsecured, given to a player with no credit history and lacked a co-signer. Kendrick arranged Clay to receive $4000 through a representative of the university with athletics interests. The loan was never repaid, minimal effort was made to collect the balance and eventually the loan was charged off by the bank after Clay transferred to Rhode Island following the 1995-96 academic year. In December 1996, Morgan Burke said Coach Keady and Coach Kendrick inadvertently violated NCAA rules by making 15 telephone calls to Davis, who later signed with Purdue. Also, all team and individual records from the 24 games during the 1995-96 season in which the ineligible player (Clay) participated were vacated.
I believe that Clay's mother complained at the time about the efforts made to collect the loan. so you suggestion of "minimal effort" is questionable.

That guy might be the biggest douche-bag iu fan I've ever seen. And that's coming from a room full of iu douche-bags.

Reactions: mathboy and delarno

I’m as diehard Purdue as they get, been on here for 20-25 years, I’ll admit on game day some still posting IU stuff is head scratching, I’m a Sox fan, many Sox fans do it on the Cubs as well. I will admit as a kid I was diehard IU, that changed in High School, loved the Troy Lewis/Todd Mitchell teams. These days I give two shits about IU, I think they have a solid team this year, however, I bleed Black and Gold, wish we wouldn’t see so many IU posts on here, I agree I can just skip them but damn often there’s a shit ton.

Reactions: mathboy
ADVERTISEMENT