ADVERTISEMENT

IU

No I’m really not. I’m pointing out obviously dumb statements like “best defensive player ever”.

You may think he’s best the thing since sliced bread, but I don’t have to agree.
I 100 percent garentee Golden Boy knows who Nojel is.

You created an account here just so you could correct their thinking about THAT? Whether you are trolling or not, that's just pathetic.
Pretty sure the “best defensive player” ever is McBob. At least that’s what most IU fans think. Also saying he is probably all Big 3rd team at least. At least that’s what I recall all IU fans claiming - could be I’m just full of shit and a useless ****ing troll.

Reactions: BoilerAndy
No I’m really not. I’m pointing out obviously dumb statements like “best defensive player ever”.

You may think he’s best the thing since sliced bread, but I don’t have to agree.
See, if you weren't trolling, you would have joined in the discussion and countered with the player who you think is the best ever. Instead, you just insulted someone because you didn't like their choice. That's weak.

I’d compare him to Jon Octeus, who also played point guard for Purdue, except that I think that Nojel is bigger, stronger, and has better ball handling ability. I’m not sure that the early sophomore season Eastern is better than the senior, Octeus, but I think that it is just a matter of time until he is. He also has some similarities to another point guard, Barlow, but he seems to be far more mature.
Nojel has good vision...sees the court

Gary Payton. Like I said above.

What’s weak is choosing ONE HALF OF A FAME AGAINST BALL STATE TO SAY “omg best defensive player ever!!!!”

Dumbest statement I’ve ever heard. That’s why I posted.
Still weak. Really weak. Frankly I am pretty much done responding to your posts. You are just here trolling.

Reactions: Ignacious McNutt
Gary Payton. Like I said above.

What’s weak is choosing ONE HALF OF A FAME AGAINST BALL STATE TO SAY “omg best defensive player ever!!!!”

Dumbest statement I’ve ever heard. That’s why I posted.
You’re not all that bright, and are now boring everyone here. Buh-bye.

Reactions: Ignacious McNutt

yes, yes you really are.

Nobody said anything about sliced bread, and it's fine if you disagree. You've gone beyond disagreement to just acting like a douche.

Phinessee is a little stronger. Isaiah is a lot better shooter.
So basically Phinessee is older and stronger which typically happens and Isaiah is a better shooter...both we know to be true. Is the rest a wash? Bottom line, Phinesee was not a must have player for Purdue and Purdue will be fine with Thompson and Newman being on board...and hoepfully Gillis getting healthy

So basically Phinessee is older and stronger which typically happens and Isaiah is a better shooter...both we know to be true. Is the rest a wash? Bottom line, Phinesee was not a must have player for Purdue and Purdue will be fine with Thompson and Newman being on board...and hoepfully Gillis getting healthy
Just stop. Arguing just for the sake of arguing.

No one is saying Rob was a must have. All I was saying is, there will be plenty of times when Rob shows us what could have been.

You can say nice things about a player who didn’t choose Purdue and it doesn’t mean you’re crapping on any of the current players.

I support all the Purdue Boilermaker athletes. And I’m not gonna get into this game of comparing our players against players that didn’t come.

Last thing I’m gonna say on this is Rob is a very talented basketball who would’ve looked wonderful in the old gold and black.

Boiler UP

Reactions: TwinDegrees2
Just stop. Arguing just for the sake of arguing.

No one is saying Rob was a must have. All I was saying is, there will be plenty of times when Rob shows us what could have been.

You can say nice things about a player who didn’t choose Purdue and it doesn’t mean you’re crapping on any of the current players.

I support all the Purdue Boilermaker athletes. And I’m not gonna get into this game of comparing our players against players that didn’t come.

Last thing I’m gonna say on this is Rob is a very talented basketball who would’ve looked wonderful in the old gold and black.

Boiler UP
did you intend to post that to me?

Mostly everybody.

I started the Rob Phinisee convo, but didn’t mean for it to become a who is a better player thing. Should’ve known better this is knucklehead central
Well, I don't recall the origins...but was thinking it took a path of "whiffing" on Rob in the backyard. I'm not sure it was a whiff. Could he play at Purdue ...as I said certainly. Just don't think him not playing at Purdue was as important as some would suggest it being a whiff. I have no idea if you stated it a whiff or not...

Well, I don't recall the origins...but was thinking it took a path of "whiffing" on Rob in the backyard. I'm not sure it was a whiff. Could he play at Purdue ...as I said certainly. Just don't think him not playing at Purdue was as important as some would suggest it being a whiff. I have no idea if you stated it a whiff or not...

You are correct.

Making that comment was like screaming for a discussion as to why he went elsewhere, which was destined for a discussion of what we have vs what he would have added.

Reactions: tjreese
Romeo is averaging 14 per game against two of the worst division one teams in college

Reactions: BBG
Distinction without appreciable difference. You agreed that 2 games is not a reasonable set of data to make any real judgments. Yet you are citing minor points to correct people.

Time will show whether RL is the Messiah IU fans have waited for. To date, nobody knows.

Distinction without appreciable difference. You agreed that 2 games is not a reasonable set of data to make any real judgments. Yet you are citing minor points to correct people.

Time will show whether RL is the Messiah IU fans have waited for. To date, nobody knows.
I just used the minor data points that were used in @meenie 's argument. No two games is not enough to get a feel for how good a player is.

I think you are overestimating what most IU fans think of Romeo. Most expect him to score and rebound well. I've thought all along he averages around 17 pts and 6 rebs. Most IU fans would agree that Juwan Morgan is our best player, not Romeo.

I just used the minor data points that were used in @meenie 's argument. No two games is not enough to get a feel for how good a player is.

I think you are overestimating what most IU fans think of Romeo. Most expect him to score and rebound well. I've thought all along he averages around 17 pts and 6 rebs. Most IU fans would agree that Juwan Morgan is our best player, not Romeo.
17 might be high but I really don't know what kind of spread to expect. Morgan is proven and thought he was around 14 last year, but I could be way off

Reactions: NC_Trojan10
17 might be high but I really don't know what kind of spread to expect. Morgan is proven and thought he was around 14 last year, but I could be way off
Morgan averaged 16.5 last season.

17 may be high, but I guess we will find out. He will definitely be getting more than 10 shots/gm which is what he is taking right now. He wont be shooting 85% inside the arc like he is now, but he also wont be shooting 14% from 3 and 45% from the free throw line.

I only know what I read. Your position is in the minority of IU fans. I know what was posted here and on the IU rivals site.

What I find interesting is the delay in the TJD anouncement. Time does not work in IU's favor imo.

I only know what I read. Your position is in the minority of IU fans. I know what was posted here and on the IU rivals site.

What I find interesting is the delay in the TJD anouncement. Time does not work in IU's favor imo.
Weird to bring up TJD in a post about Romeo?

Not weird, just another observation. In a sense they are related as I believe RL's development will be a large factor in whether Archie gets TJD. Is there a Renaissance or a flash in the pan?

Not weird, just another observation. In a sense they are related as I believe RL's development will be a large factor in whether Archie gets TJD. Is there a Renaissance or a flash in the pan?
Still the leader for both TJD and Brooks. The MSU visit certainly gave TJD pause. Izzo is really good at coming on late in recruitments. I'm sure you are aware of this...

One yes and one no imo. I would not be surprised by one but would be by both. However, I place odds of about 40% on 0.

One yes and one no imo. I would not be surprised by one but would be by both. However, I place odds of about 40% on 0.
Based on? I know for sure TJD still favors IU, but he wants to consider all his options a little while longer. Will likely decide around Christmas. Brooks is between IU, UK, and UNC is a dark horse. If I had to bet on one of the 3 scenarios based on what I know, I would bet on both. I would bet everything on getting one of the 2.

As I pointed out, time is a negative variable in the recruiting equation when favored. With Hall et al already recruited, where does Brooks play? I have heard LA is a likely landing spot for Brooks. Steve can pull players from Indiana and LeBron points out the media effect that is LA.

As I pointed out, time is a negative variable in the recruiting equation when favored. With Hall et al already recruited, where does Brooks play? I have heard LA is a likely landing spot for Brooks. Steve can pull players from Indiana and LeBron points out the media effect that is LA.
Hall is on MSU, so I agree he isnt going there.

As i wrote, Brooks to LA makes sense to me. TJD and he have considered a paired deal. James to LA has demonstrated that the real money is not in BB but in media. You leverage the BB money and fame into media deals.

I look for a lot of high profile players finding USC and UCLA very attractive with SC having the beter coach.

Reactions: Schnelk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT