ADVERTISEMENT

IU Signs Lander

Sort of like Purdue claiming a national championship in basketball before a national tourney was played? And according to many posters here, on the Danny O’Shea board, Lander was not going to IU because he wanted to be an engineer. Maybe it is better to own the business that the engineer’s work for?
Well damn, all IU grads go on to own a business and no Purdue grads do? Hmmm, now that sounds like crazy talk little buddy. Go back home, no one wants your stupid shtick here.

Reactions: Schnelk
Yeah that is why “Purdue Sucks” is chanted at every IU game? IU has not been good recently...but what exactly has purdue won in that time to cause such admiration??? I have read the IU and PU boards for years. This is clearly a school/sports/board that is obsessed with their Big Brother in bloomington. I am sure Buffalo Bills fans think the Patriots envy them as well? Oh wait, the Bills played for more than one SuperBowl.
you need a tissue.

Sort of like Purdue claiming a national championship in basketball before a national tourney was played? And according to many posters here, on the Danny O’Shea board, Lander was not going to IU because he wanted to be an engineer. Maybe it is better to own the business that the engineer’s work for?

Ahh because Purdue grads can’t be business owners right?

No, just saying this board is full of little brothers. I wish IU would have gotten Morton but he picked Purdue. Not ashamed to say it. But this board had many posters ripping Miller for not getting D Anderson to shoot better in two years, but it was totally Eastern’s fault his shot did not improve in three years with Painter?? And I agree with what Painter said on the Dan Jock-ich show.

And yes, pretty simple math. The owner of the business usually earns more than the people that work for them.

You guys act like Purdue is some elite education institution but admitted a guy that tested the NBA waters three times after not averaging double figures? Yeah a brainiac there. Oh that’s right, now many of you guys are tearing the kid apart for that.

At least Eastern was an all-conference defender. Anderson looked like he couldn’t even cut it in the MAC.

1. IU’s non conference schedule next year include 2 likely away games against tournament teams in the Gavitt/ACC Challenge, 4 neutral site games (3 in Maui, 1 against ND in crossroads). It’s likely the other 5 games will be against weaker competition as the first 6 games are Q1 or Q2 games.

2. You really think Archie is paying recruits or giving improper benefits? Maybe you didn’t notice, but the FBI was investigating flagship Addidas schools, and nothing came from IU. Completely clean. We get recruits because we have a great tradition, top of the line facilities, a great campus, and coaches who understand how to recruit.

3. I think we can add this post to one of your many hilariously wrong theories/predictions. What happened to that Purdue Final 4 this year??? You also predicted a national championship next year... LOL. I think you and Treed were the only ones to predict both of those things. Great company you find yourself in.
You know, I would much prefer to be in the company of Treed than in yours. Now go worship your Romeo doll.

Very likely that IU has one of the toughest Non-conference schedules in the country next year

-3 games in Maui
-ACC/B10 challenge (likely road game)
-Gavitt game against Big East (likely road game)
-Butler in Cross Roads

Good chance IU only play 5-6 non-conference home games next year. You're off your rocker (again) if you think IU is greasing Southern Indiana kids like Lander and TJD to come to Bloomington. IU has never had problems landing top in-state talent, and they ain't paying them either. You suggesting IU is paying players gives me reassurance that they aren't because you're literally wrong about anything.
So you, as an IU fan will tell everyone that Romeo's dad didn't get a "contribution" that steered his son to IU when Louisville was his destination all along?

So you, as an IU fan will tell everyone that Romeo's dad didn't get a "contribution" that steered his son to IU when Louisville was his destination all along?

That’s exactly what I’m saying. Adidas paid Romeo’s dad to run an Adidas sponsored AAU program. This arrangement occurred more than a year before Archie was hired at IU. Louisville fell out of the running when the FBI indicted one of their assistant coaches. TwentyTwo vision being funded by Adidas has nothing to do with Indiana or Archie Miller who was still coaching at Dayton. And what’s being left out is that Adidas sponsoring TwentyTwo Vision is completely within the NCAA rule book.

Your facts/recollection of events is off as well as wrong. But again, that isn’t saying much.

I can't believe this thing has gone three pages. I know people have extra time on their hands because of the pandemic, but still.

You guys act like Purdue is some elite education institution
That's because it is. That is why it is ranked consistently as one of the top universities in the world for engineering and other areas of higher education. Now, you're right there are easier classes that can be taken and every school has them. Problem for Iu is that those easier classes are Iu's entire curriculum.

Now, as others have said it is time for you to run along back to your trailer and get ready for your door dash shift. Make sure you fill up your pacer with gas this time though.

That’s exactly what I’m saying. Adidas paid Romeo’s dad to run an Adidas sponsored AAU program. This arrangement occurred more than a year before Archie was hired at IU. Louisville fell out of the running when the FBI indicted one of their assistant coaches. TwentyTwo vision being funded by Adidas has nothing to do with Indiana or Archie Miller who was still coaching at Dayton. And what’s being left out is that Adidas sponsoring TwentyTwo Vision is completely within the NCAA rule book.

Your facts/recollection of events is off as well as wrong. But again, that isn’t saying much.
You're still here??? Man, there is way more important things in life. This board is free and a rival board but you have nothing better to do? Might show how sad your life really is....

And how can you be deemed to be in a tournament that never took place? The fact is, IU hasn't been in the tournament since 2016...

j7

Just so I understand your position clearly: because there was no NC game played, then there was no National Champion? If that is your position, then please explain to the fans of Texas, Notre Dame, Army, Minnesota, Penn State, Alabama, Georgia, Georgia Tech, USC, Oklahoma, Washington and others why they did not earn National Championships prior to the advent of the recent televised playoff. They all earned voted National Championships and celebrated them for about 80 years.

You might also tell the fans at NC and Kansas to take down their banners representing pre-NCAA tournament National Championships as they are claimed as well.

You need to do this in order to be logically consistent.

You're still here??? Man, there is way more important things in life. This board is free and a rival board but you have nothing better to do? Might show how sad your life really is....

When you're 62, retired, and suck at golf.....not really much else to do. Miss my grand kids the most, daughter doesn't think it's time yet for them to see their grandparents given the current climate.

Nothing wrong with some friendly banter ehh? You seem to take this personally, no?

Reactions: mathboy
When you're 62, retired, and suck at golf.....not really much else to do. Miss my grand kids the most, daughter doesn't think it's time yet for them to see their grandparents given the current climate.

Nothing wrong with some friendly banter ehh? You seem to take this personally, no?
Don't agree with you much, but I do agree about the grand kids.

And what shoe brand is on the IU player's feet?

And what shoe brand is on the IU player's feet?

Lol. That's not what you said though. You said IU was "greasing their players". Adidas sponsoring Tim Langford's AAU team 6 months before Archie was ever hired has nothing to do with Indiana. You're acting as if Indiana was complicit in this. And complicit isn't even the correct term. There is no NCAA rule that states a parent cannot coach/run an AAU program sponsored by a shoe company.

Trayce Jackson-Davis played for a Nike sponsored AAU team so you lose even more credibility insinuating IU "greased a player" from a rival shoe company. Your theory/argument holds no water.

No, just saying this board is full of little brothers. I wish IU would have gotten Morton but he picked Purdue. Not ashamed to say it. But this board had many posters ripping Miller for not getting D Anderson to shoot better in two years, but it was totally Eastern’s fault his shot did not improve in three years with Painter?? And I agree with what Painter said on the Dan Jock-ich show.

And yes, pretty simple math. The owner of the business usually earns more than the people that work for them.

You guys act like Purdue is some elite education institution but admitted a guy that tested the NBA waters three times after not averaging double figures? Yeah a brainiac there. Oh that’s right, now many of you guys are tearing the kid apart for that.

Twice, not thrice.

Lol. That's not what you said though. You said IU was "greasing their players". Adidas sponsoring Tim Langford's AAU team 6 months before Archie was ever hired has nothing to do with Indiana. You're acting as if Indiana was complicit in this. And complicit isn't even the correct term. There is no NCAA rule that states a parent cannot coach/run an AAU program sponsored by a shoe company.

Trayce Jackson-Davis played for a Nike sponsored AAU team so you lose even more credibility insinuating IU "greased a player" from a rival shoe company. Your theory/argument holds no water.
Never said anything about TJD. He was IU's to lose all along. And with Archie learning the trade by being the recruiting coach for brother Sean, he certainly had a great training.

Never said anything about TJD. He was IU's to lose all along. And with Archie learning the trade by being the recruiting coach for brother Sean, he certainly had a great training.

Who were you referring to then?

Explain to me, why these kids are coming to IU to play for a guy who's never won anything, to a school that is a has been. Could palms be getting greased

TJD is one of Archie's highest rated recruits. Surely you don't think Lander playing AAU with half of IU's current roster has anything to do with him wanting to play at IU? He's best friends with a bunch of IU's current team members.

Who were you referring to then?

TJD is one of Archie's highest rated recruits. Surely you don't think Lander playing AAU with half of IU's current roster has anything to do with him wanting to play at IU? He's best friends with a bunch of IU's current team members.
I’m not sure you will convince TD of archie’s honesty. There is enough of an Arizona stain on him plus the Romeo recruiting also had some issues. There were rumors that Romeo had asked other schools for benefits. In addition, Romeo was heading for Louisville, and Pitino is now a proven cheater. So, people who want to see a cheater in Archie will do so.

I don’t think Archie cheats myself. I like the whole approach of innocent until proven guilty. our politicians seem to have lost that philosophy, but I still cling to it. Besides, if he were cheating, he is not getting the benefits. He’s pretty lousy at it. There should be a parade of five star OAD players coming in.

:cool:

I’m not sure you will convince TD of archie’s honesty. There is enough of an Arizona stain on him plus the Romeo recruiting also had some issues. There were rumors that Romeo had asked other schools for benefits. In addition, Romeo was heading for Louisville, and Pitino is now a proven cheater. So, people who want to see a cheater in Archie will do so.

I don’t think Archie cheats myself. I like the whole approach of innocent until proven guilty. our politicians seem to have lost that philosophy, but I still cling to it. Besides, if he were cheating, he is not getting the benefits. He’s pretty lousy at it. There should be a parade of five star OAD players coming in.

:cool:

No college coach gets that benefit in terms of recruiting, imo

’m not sure you will convince TD of archie’s honesty.

I'm starting to realize that.

There is enough of an Arizona stain on him plus the Romeo recruiting also had some issues.

Archie coached at Arizona over a decade ago and wasn't even IU's coach when Romeo played AAU basketball. Indiana reaped the benefits when Louisville got caught facilitating payments to Brian Bowen. If we're going to assume Archie is guilty by association then nearly every coach in America has some kind of blood on his hands.

There were rumors that Romeo had asked other schools for benefits.

I have not heard that, care to share?

Besides, if he were cheating, he is not getting the benefits. He’s pretty lousy at it. There should be a parade of five star OAD players coming in.

Archie's recruiting philosophy doesn't coincide with OAD factories around the country. He recruits Indiana, HARD, and doesn't chase and throw offers to every 5* in the country. Yes, Archie has done a good job keeping some of the states best players home, but his primary foundation is 3-4 star kids from regional states. Shoe companies wouldn't waste their with the majority of recruits Archie has gotten.

I can't believe this thing has gone three pages. I know people have extra time on their hands because of the pandemic, but still.

If you ignore 2 posters it goes down to 1 page pretty quick and is a much more enjoyable read. I've ignored them under different IDs before. I am not against opposing fans or friendly banter with rivals, but these guys beating a dead drum gets old after awhile.

I'm starting to realize that.

Archie coached at Arizona over a decade ago and wasn't even IU's coach when Romeo played AAU basketball. Indiana reaped the benefits when Louisville got caught facilitating payments to Brian Bowen. If we're going to assume Archie is guilty by association then nearly every coach in America has some kind of blood on his hands.

I have not heard that, care to share?

Archie's recruiting philosophy doesn't coincide with OAD factories around the country. He recruits Indiana, HARD, and doesn't chase and throw offers to every 5* in the country. Yes, Archie has done a good job keeping some of the states best players home, but his primary foundation is 3-4 star kids from regional states. Shoe companies wouldn't waste their with the majority of recruits Archie has gotten.
As for the rumors around Romeo asking for favors, they are hearsay at best, and maybe damned lies at worst. I don’t think it is worth going back through threads. It may well have been a disgruntled UL fan, or some other low life, that put some dirt up here. I didn’t think it had much credibility at the time.

If you ignore 2 posters it goes down to 1 page pretty quick and is a much more enjoyable read. I've ignored them under different IDs before. I am not against opposing fans or friendly banter with rivals, but these guys beating a dead drum gets old after awhile.

Which 2 should I be looking out for skip?

SPOT ON

I love an exchange of ideas, thoughts, expectations, etc., especially when it comes to fans from other programs.

Unfortunately, what we've been exposed to on this forum is the same d@mn posters... IU fans, insisting you think like them... posting under different IDs then have to go to another... who become insufferable.

I know I rub some people the wrong way, and I can be strong in my opinion. But this get over-the-top.

Reactions: Level 42

I’ve never thought “Get a Life” as much as I have reading these two. Smash the ignore button or ignore these trolls. They’ll eventually crawl back in their pathetic holes.

We’re not going to re-hash Langford’s recruitment and all the shady shoe deals are we or is it too late? Can’t we just leave it at he was the worst 5* recruit in NCAA history?

Reactions: Schnelk and mathboy
We’re not going to re-hash Langford’s recruitment and all the shady shoe deals are we or is it too late? Can’t we just leave it at he was the worst 5* recruit in NCAA history?

Lol.

Worst 5* recruit in NCAA history? Absurd.

He was a good player, not anywhere close to worst 5* recruit in history...

Reactions: JohnHoosierr
SPOT ON

I love an exchange of ideas, thoughts, expectations, etc., especially when it comes to fans from other programs.

Unfortunately, what we've been exposed to on this forum is the same d@mn posters... IU fans, insisting you think like them... posting under different IDs then have to go to another... who become insufferable.

I know I rub some people the wrong way, and I can be strong in my opinion. But this get over-the-top.
Well said. Rivals needs to be more like reddit. You down vote posts in to oblivion which then makes it harder on posters to make frequent posts.

New accounts are automatically put on a probationary period that limits their ability to post as well and the ban hammer swings much more frequently.

What gets me is that you usually can tell almost right away when it's a new account from someone that was previously banned. Why aren't those accounts immediately given the boot as well? It's not like just because they have a new ID that they will change who they are.

Well said. Rivals needs to be more like reddit. You down vote posts in to oblivion which then makes it harder on posters to make frequent posts.

New accounts are automatically put on a probationary period that limits their ability to post as well and the ban hammer swings much more frequently.

What gets me is that you usually can tell almost right away when it's a new account from someone that was previously banned. Why aren't those accounts immediately given the boot as well? It's not like just because they have a new ID that they will change who they are.

I've had an account longer than you...

ADVERTISEMENT