ADVERTISEMENT

IU Signs Lander

I can see why you would want to try to ignore who would/wouldn’t have made the tournament.
Na. You are the one coming on a Purdue board stating that IU squeaked into a tourney that didn’t happen and you were called on. Sorry Bruh tourney never happened and IU’s streak of missing tourney continues. I know it sucks for you , but those are facts.

Reactions: Schnelk
Na. You are the one coming on a Purdue board stating that IU squeaked into a tourney that didn’t happen and you were called on. Sorry Bruh tourney never happened and IU’s streak of missing tourney continues. I know it sucks for you , but those are facts.

Again, I just don't get this logic. How can you miss a tournament that never took place? Can you get divorced without ever getting married? You're going to have to explain that one time me. I know I'm old and slow so be kind.

Yes they did. They WON the B1G tourney!

and got themselves Sweet 16 rings...

ku-large.png

By that logic, any team who makes the tournament next year will be starting their consecutive tourney streaks made at 1. Just saying.

Consecutive years making the tournament, yes. Consecutive tournaments made would continue on I would think. Perhaps a distinction without a difference, but some of us just can't help ourselves. :)

140208_2723677_Anal_Retentive_Chef_anvver_2.jpg

I think CBS with Davis returning and Lander coming has IU at preseason #13, in other words Archie better win. I'm no IU fan but on paper they have a better team than Purdue, don't think a lot better but I'm not expecting a sweep next year. We'll see if Purdue adds another player for next season, I'm guessing they get a frontcourt 5th year guy.

I think CBS with Davis returning and Lander coming has IU at preseason #13, in other words Archie better win. I'm no IU fan but on paper they have a better team than Purdue, don't think a lot better but I'm not expecting a sweep next year. We'll see if Purdue adds another player for next season, I'm guessing they get a frontcourt 5th year guy.

They have been better on paper forever, still been 1400 or so days.

That’s convenient for Purdue fans, because that tournament streak is all you really have. Well that and the fact that you have the most all time tournament wins WITHOUT a National Championship.

This coming season not looking too great for you either... ;)

you really should specify “NCAA championship” if you’re trying to be accurate

1) IU made the tournament in 2020
2) IU missed the tournament in 2020

Both statements are false. What you can say is IU has not made a tournament in 5 years. That’s a fact.

It’s a weird flex for you to continue to act like TJD has been a bust.

Tom Crean did not have great recruiting his last 4 classes. That lead to Archie inheriting a terrible roster. Archie now has 3 recruiting classes on the roster. The talent is exponentially better than what he inherited, and now that talent is experienced.

Will it lead to results? That remains to be seen. What I do know is I would much rather have an extremely talented roster than not have one.
I’m not sure I understand what you mean. I just posted that TJD was all-BIG, and you think that means I was dissing him? That is weird. I was in fact conceding the summer season. You guys always manage to win it, year after year. Of course, the summer season seems to impact the real basketball season... not at all.

I can’t tell how disinterested I am in that Archies talent is now “exponentially better” than what he inherited. Also, I am not sure that word means what you think it does. I thought last years team was pretty talented. At least that was what you guys kept posting all last summer. Then I watched your team a few times.

:cool:

I’m not sure I understand what you mean. I just posted that TJD was all-BIG, and you think that means I was dissing him? That is weird. I was in fact conceding the summer season. You guys always manage to win it, year after year. Of course, the summer season seems to impact the real basketball season... not at all.

I can’t tell how disinterested I am in that Archies talent is now “exponentially better” than what he inherited. Also, I am not sure that word means what you think it does. I thought last years team was pretty talented. At least that was what you guys kept posting all last summer. Then I watched your team a few times.

:cool:
My guess on last years team was 6-8th in the Big Ten. I was off. Many of you here were predicting Purdue would be too 3 or even laughably a Final 4 team (cc: @TwinDegrees2 ). That certainly wasn’t close.

Fans often exaggerate preseason. Purdue fans are no different. I’m sure some here think you guys will be competing for a Big Ten championship next year. We have those delusional fans too that think we will be competing for one this year.

As I’ve said, I think we are 4th or 5th in the Big Ten. That’s without knowing the Big Ten schedule which is obviously a big factor in Big Ten placement. None of this prediction is based on incoming freshmen. Lander is a nice piece, but I have no delusion that he will have a Romeo or TJD type impact right away. The other 3 freshmen will likely not have any impact.

So all National Championships pre-NCAA tournament should be wiped from the record books?
Nah, they can stay in the history books. Not a real National Championship though.

Congrats on being the team with the most tournament wins without a championship.

Nah, they can stay in the history books. Not a real National Championship though.

Congrats on being the team with the most tournament wins without a championship.

you could at least say “real championship” if thats what you think. Big Ten Championships are real though.

My guess on last years team was 6-8th in the Big Ten. I was off. Many of you here were predicting Purdue would be too 3 or even laughably a Final 4 team (cc: @TwinDegrees2 ). That certainly wasn’t close.

Fans often exaggerate preseason. Purdue fans are no different. I’m sure some here think you guys will be competing for a Big Ten championship next year. We have those delusional fans too that think we will be competing for one this year.

As I’ve said, I think we are 4th or 5th in the Big Ten. That’s without knowing the Big Ten schedule which is obviously a big factor in Big Ten placement. None of this prediction is based on incoming freshmen. Lander is a nice piece, but I have no delusion that he will have a Romeo or TJD type impact right away. The other 3 freshmen will likely not have any impact.
Fair enough. You do realize I was just having some fun with you. When another teams fans come over onto our board to announce their latest recruit, it makes them fair game for harassment in my book. In my defense, I was pretty mild in my response. I chose the passive-aggressive path of declaring you guys winners of the summer recruiting season.

more to post in a bit...

Fair enough. You do realize I was just having some fun with you. When another teams fans come over onto our board to announce their latest recruit, it makes them fair game for harassment in my book. In my defense, I was pretty mild in my response. I chose the passive-aggressive path of declaring you guys winners of the summer recruiting season.

more to post in a bit...

To be fair, nobody from IU came on here and announced Lander...unless the OP is an IU troll. I don't get that sense.

more to post in a bit...
I didn’t come here and announce anything. I commented on a thread about an IU player.

Most of the posts you make on this board are condescending. Both to IU and Purdue fans alike. You can see my confusion to taking your initial post as another condescending post.

Reactions: JohnHoosierr
To be fair, nobody from IU came on here and announced Lander...unless the OP is an IU troll. I don't get that sense.
The OP has not posted on this board before, so I suspected it was someone from the IU forum. So he’s not one of yours either?

Well, you know your schedule will include a host of Sisters of The Blind's. Got to get those wins somehow. Explain to me, why these kids are coming to IU to play for a guy who's never won anything, to a school that is a has been. Could palms be getting greased....oop's, we know Romeo's dad's was.

Well, you know your schedule will include a host of Sisters of The Blind's. Got to get those wins somehow. Explain to me, why these kids are coming to IU to play for a guy who's never won anything, to a school that is a has been. Could palms be getting greased....oop's, we know Romeo's dad's was.
1. IU’s non conference schedule next year include 2 likely away games against tournament teams in the Gavitt/ACC Challenge, 4 neutral site games (3 in Maui, 1 against ND in crossroads). It’s likely the other 5 games will be against weaker competition as the first 6 games are Q1 or Q2 games.

2. You really think Archie is paying recruits or giving improper benefits? Maybe you didn’t notice, but the FBI was investigating flagship Addidas schools, and nothing came from IU. Completely clean. We get recruits because we have a great tradition, top of the line facilities, a great campus, and coaches who understand how to recruit.

3. I think we can add this post to one of your many hilariously wrong theories/predictions. What happened to that Purdue Final 4 this year??? You also predicted a national championship next year... LOL. I think you and Treed were the only ones to predict both of those things. Great company you find yourself in.

Very likely that IU has one of the toughest Non-conference schedules in the country next year

-3 games in Maui
-ACC/B10 challenge (likely road game)
-Gavitt game against Big East (likely road game)
-Butler in Cross Roads

Good chance IU only play 5-6 non-conference home games next year. You're off your rocker (again) if you think IU is greasing Southern Indiana kids like Lander and TJD to come to Bloomington. IU has never had problems landing top in-state talent, and they ain't paying them either. You suggesting IU is paying players gives me reassurance that they aren't because you're literally wrong about anything.

I didn’t come here and announce anything. I commented on a thread about an IU player.

Most of the posts you make on this board are condescending. Both to IU and Purdue fans alike. You can see my confusion to taking your initial post as another condescending post.
That’s okay. I understand that context clues and reading comprehension might not be one of your strong points.

Reactions: BBG
That’s okay. I understand that context clues and reading comprehension might not be one of your strong points.
Nah, I understand it. You were being your normal self. Gotta say you were a lot more bearable pre pain medication. I hope you get better soon.

Sort of like Purdue claiming a national championship in basketball before a national tourney was played? And according to many posters here, on the Danny O’Shea board, Lander was not going to IU because he wanted to be an engineer. Maybe it is better to own the business that the engineer’s work for?

Last edited:
Again, I just don't get this logic. How can you miss a tournament that never took place? Can you get divorced without ever getting married? You're going to have to explain that one time me. I know I'm old and slow so be kind.

And how can you be deemed to be in a tournament that never took place? The fact is, IU hasn't been in the tournament since 2016...

And how can you be deemed to be in a tournament that never took place? The fact is, IU hasn't been in the tournament since 2016...

Except that’s not at all what I’ve said. I’ve maintained this entire time that had a tournament been held IU held a resume that would have invited them. I’ve not once ever said IU made a tournament that never existed, I’m not counting a tournament appearance that never happened. Two different things.

Saying IU hasn’t played in a tournament since 2016 is perfectly fine and acceptable. But that’s a lot different than saying IU missed a tournament that never took place.

I get Purdue fans don’t agree that IU would have made the tournament had one been played. That’s a perfectly fine opinion to have. We’ll just have to agree to disagree on that as I believe IU would have been in.

Sort of like Purdue claiming a national championship in basketball before a national tourney was played? And according to many posters here, on the Danny O’Shea board, Lander was not going to IU because he wanted to be an engineer. Maybe it is better to own the business that the engineer’s work for?

Do you want fries with that? Is that your version of "owning" a business?

Reactions: Purdue85 and BBG
Maybe it is better to own the business that the engineer’s work for?
Well that still rules IU out. Well, unless you're talking model train engineers in your mom's basement. Hey they gotta work too right?

Whats with the rash of little sister u trolls infesting our board like a bleeding hemorrhoid? Are they really in that big of a need for our approval?

No, just saying this board is full of little brothers. I wish IU would have gotten Morton but he picked Purdue. Not ashamed to say it. But this board had many posters ripping Miller for not getting D Anderson to shoot better in two years, but it was totally Eastern’s fault his shot did not improve in three years with Painter?? And I agree with what Painter said on the Dan Jock-ich show.

And yes, pretty simple math. The owner of the business usually earns more than the people that work for them.

You guys act like Purdue is some elite education institution but admitted a guy that tested the NBA waters three times after not averaging double figures? Yeah a brainiac there. Oh that’s right, now many of you guys are tearing the kid apart for that.

No, just saying this board is full of little brothers. I wish IU would have gotten Morton but he picked Purdue. Not ashamed to say it. But this board had many posters ripping Miller for not getting D Anderson to shoot better in two years, but it was totally Eastern’s fault his shot did not improve in three years with Painter?? And I agree with what Painter said on the Dan Jock-ich show.

And yes, pretty simple math. The owner of the business usually earns more than the people that work for them.

You guys act like Purdue is some elite education institution but admitted a guy that tested the NBA waters three times after not averaging double figures? Yeah a brainiac there. Oh that’s right, now many of you guys are tearing the kid apart for that.

wow.

Another new login ID, same old obsession.

Good grief.

It's as if they cannot function without the approval and adoration of Purdue fans.

Yeah that is why “Purdue Sucks” is chanted at every IU game? IU has not been good recently...but what exactly has purdue won in that time to cause such admiration??? I have read the IU and PU boards for years. This is clearly a school/sports/board that is obsessed with their Big Brother in bloomington. I am sure Buffalo Bills fans think the Patriots envy them as well? Oh wait, the Bills played for more than one SuperBowl.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT