ADVERTISEMENT

IU Signs Lander

Pretty good land for Squigy! They need him to step in right away and produce.
You don't seem to understand....Miller has had the talent at IU to make the tourney the past three years. He's honestly done nothing with that talent and is still over his head, mired in a league that is too big (no pun intended) for his minor league ability.

What will be IU's excuse for this season's failures.

You don't seem to understand....Miller has had the talent at IU to make the tourney the past three years. He's honestly done nothing with that talent and is still over his head, mired in a league that is too big (no pun intended) for his minor league ability.

What will be IU's excuse for this season's failures.
If IU doesn’t have a good season this year it will be Archie on the hot seat moving into the following year.

Barely squeezing into the tournament like we did this year won’t be good enough. I’m expecting a 4th or 5th place finish with a 5-7 seed in the tournament.

If IU doesn’t have a good season this year it will be Archie on the hot seat moving into the following year.

Barely squeezing into the tournament like we did this year won’t be good enough. I’m expecting a 4th or 5th place finish with a 5-7 seed in the tournament.

What you guys forget is that even though the little guy signed some decent talent, others in the league have done the same. My guess...no higher than 7th in the league.

Man, IU always wins the summer season. They have for years. Year after year they sign these great classes, each with a hero who will turn around their program. I mean, how do you refute the Romeo class? Then they hit us with TJD. Then, God help us, they unload the Lander recruitment on us! Especially now that they have “made the tournament”. I’m not sure what tournament they made, but they made it.

I am sure this summer will be brutal with the huge improvement they envision for every one of their current players, then, just add Lander on top of those great players and a top 3 finish is obvious...

They just seem to dominate us every summer... well, at least until the real season starts.

:cool:

Man, IU always wins the summer season. They have for years. Year after year they sign these great classes, each with a hero who will turn around their program. I mean, how do you refute the Romeo class? Then they hit us with TJD. Then, God help us, they unload the Lander recruitment on us! Especially now that they have “made the tournament”. I’m not sure what tournament they made, but they made it.

I am sure this summer will be brutal with the huge improvement they envision for every one of their current players, then, just add Lander on top of those great players and a top 3 finish is obvious...

They just seem to dominate us every summer... well, at least until the real season starts.

Who exactly has hailed Lander a hero? Most don't think he starts until the conference season.

What you guys forget is that even though the little guy signed some decent talent, others in the league have done the same. My guess...no higher than 7th in the league.
Yes, the #1 class is signing some “decent” talent. Other teams like Michigan and Illinois also signed really good classes. The difference is that those teams lost a lot more than we did. The only rotation player we lost was Devonte Green. I’ll stick with the 4th or 5th prediction as well as TJD 1st team All Big Ten.

Reactions: BTBall

No one is predicting anything huge out of Lander as a freshman. I would expect his stats to look a lot like Yogi’s freshman year.

Both Romeo and TJD were All Big Ten as freshman, so it sounds like the hype was warranted.

For the first time Archie actually has upperclassmen that are his recruits. It looks like we are in for a pretty good season. If not, he will be in the hot seat.

No one is predicting anything huge out of Lander as a freshman. I would expect his stats to look a lot like Yogi’s freshman year.

Both Romeo and TJD were All Big Ten as freshman, so it sounds like the hype was warranted.

For the first time Archie actually has upperclassmen that are his recruits. It looks like we are in for a pretty good season. If not, he will be in the hot seat.
Both TJD and Romeo were all BIG? Wow! No wonder we can never beat you guys in the summer season.

On a more serious note, I just struggle reconciling the great recruiting against the won/loss record from the real season.

Reactions: TwinDegrees2
Both TJD and Romeo were all BIG? Wow! No wonder we can never beat you guys in the summer season.

On a more serious note, I just struggle reconciling the great recruiting against the won/loss record from the real season.
It’s a weird flex for you to continue to act like TJD has been a bust.

Tom Crean did not have great recruiting his last 4 classes. That lead to Archie inheriting a terrible roster. Archie now has 3 recruiting classes on the roster. The talent is exponentially better than what he inherited, and now that talent is experienced.

Will it lead to results? That remains to be seen. What I do know is I would much rather have an extremely talented roster than not have one.

Holy cow I didn't know there was a tourney this year. With everything going on don’t know how I missed the 2020 NCAA tourney. LOL

I like that y’all are convinced you made the tourney this year. Fits right into the IU mindset and gives Archie the Crean treatment that kept him around for 9 years.

I think it should be added that IU made the sweet 16 and lost to the eventual champion by one point due to a late bad call.

I like that y’all are convinced you made the tourney this year. Fits right into the IU mindset and gives Archie the Crean treatment that kept him around for 9 years.

I think it should be added that IU made the sweet 16 and lost to the eventual champion by one point due to a late bad call.
I like that y’all are convinced you weren’t going to miss the tournament. It will make the missed tournament for you next year seem like only one year.

Doesn’t mean they weren’t going to make it this year. Does Dayton’s entire season not count either?

Why does Dayton matter? Doesn't mean they were, nor were there any games after your awesome win over Nebraska in the B1GT to prove anything. IU hasn't played NOR made the NCAAT in 5 years. Buhbye

Reactions: IUhaterade
By that logic, any team who makes the tournament next year will be starting their consecutive tourney streaks made at 1. Just saying.

Correct. But there also wasn't a tournament to lose any streak on. More of just a forgotten year. So if it makes you feel better, IU hasn't made the tournament in 4 years. Gives you the warm and fuzzies doesn't it.

A finish like this would call for “We’re Back” shirts again.

Correct. But there also wasn't a tournament to lose any streak on. More of just a forgotten year. So if it makes you feel better, IU hasn't made the tournament in 4 years. Gives you the warm and fuzzies doesn't it.
That’s convenient for Purdue fans, because that tournament streak is all you really have. Well that and the fact that you have the most all time tournament wins WITHOUT a National Championship.

This coming season not looking too great for you either... ;)

I'm not arguing on whether or not IU made the tournament last year, there wasn't a tournament to be held so the point is moot. But if using a year in which a tournament wasn't held to make a point that a team missed the tournament, then you have to apply that to all 353 teams.

FWIW, had a tournament been held I believe there was insurmountable evidence that suggests IU would have been included. Probably a low seed with a low probability of advancing, but an invite nonetheless. Nothing though that warrants an IU fan incessantly bringing it up on a Purdue board @TrojanFan004

Dude are you seriously arguing semantics? Who cares....Every team has moved on to 2021...

Reactions: BurlyBoiler
I'm not arguing on whether or not IU made the tournament last year, there wasn't a tournament to be held so the point is moot. But if using a year in which a tournament wasn't held to make a point that a team missed the tournament, then you have to apply that to all 353 teams.

FWIW, had a tournament been held I believe there was insurmountable evidence that suggests IU would have been included. Probably a low seed with a low probability of advancing, but an invite nonetheless. Nothing though that warrants an IU fan incessantly bringing it up on a Purdue board @TrojanFan004

How about you go buy a Peegs account and annoy your own people...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT