ADVERTISEMENT

IU prediction thread

Fans will be in a frenzy even to the point of literally being a 6th man rushing our baseline shooters. If so…please refs, T-up the creepy fan base.

Close game throughout…but in the end Purdue prevails. Purdue 68 University of Indiana 64.

Last edited:
Fans will be in a frenzy even to the point of literally being a 6th man rushing our baseline shooters. If so…please refs, T-up the creepy fan base.

Close came throughout…but in the end Purdue prevails. Purdue 68 University of Indiana 64.
yeah, as they are fighting for their lives ... Refs HAVE to keep them away!!!!

It's a very important game for them making a resume for the tournament. So who knows, really. Depends on the hall of calls and Vegas I guess. Purdue is clearly a much better team if they play decent they should win in a walk. IU isnt well coached imo and can play lazy. Should be a ten point win unless purdue doesn't show up or can't shoot again. Purdue 68 iu 60 they will muck it up for sure

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
It's a very important game for them making a resume for the tournament. So who knows, really. Depends on the hall of calls and Vegas I guess. Purdue is clearly a much better team if they play decent they should win in a walk. IU isnt well coached imo and can play lazy. Should be a ten point win unless purdue doesn't show up or can't shoot again. Purdue 68 iu 60 they will muck it up for sure
IU players, fans and coaches want this game more than any other game for good reason. It will be a dog fight. Day in and day out...yeah Purdue is the better team. One fear I have is that Purdue shot really well behind the arc last game. I doubt IU throws everybody at Zach and so I hope a good shot is in play rather than some space that is rushed and Zach is on. IU is capable of beating Purdue a couple of points unless it blew out to 5 or so due to intentional fouling if Purdue was behind. Purdue is capable of beating IU probably 10 point is both play well and more if Purdue plays well and IU quits after half...Zach may need to wall up to protect Braden's drive as I "think" (could be wrong?) Braden is quicker and can penetrate for a basket if the lob isn't there and with TJD it may not be there...then again...that could be a foul on TJD coming over Zach's hands

I guess I will prepare for anything , but man I just don't see IU having anything for Purdue. ya'll making me nervous. If Purdue gets them down and maintains intensity IU implodes. PU 78 IU 62
That is a lot on a visitor's court that will do everything they can to win and IU has some talent and is very OLD and experienced. Purdue wins down in the Hall of Calls and it makes the Big Championship closer to happening. I hope you are correct...makes for a more relaxing game

The IUStar headline says, "Time for IU to Prove Itself."
The fanbase is obviously desperate.

No they just get called more than most. I can guarantee you, Rutgers and Michigan State foul way more, it just isn't called because "that's how they play."
This makes no sense. Differentiating after saying they all play exactly the same. Crimson glasses, I suppose.

But I agree that Rutgers and MSU play very agressive and, for whatever reason, the refs let it go. But IU plays at least as agressive. It's deliberate. That's a culture Woodson has tried to instill. It's just that they aren't very good at it yet.

Reactions: proudopete
No they just get called more than most. I can guarantee you, Rutgers and Michigan State foul way more, it just isn't called because "that's how they play."
Are you kidding me? How many times a game does Reneau slap down at the ball 20 feet from the basket? How about Galloway? Dude just throws himself around the court and expects to not get called when he slams into other players?

IU is awful defensively. Maybe you just don’t understand what you’re seeing?

Reactions: BoilerAndy
Are you kidding me? How many times a game does Reneau slap down at the ball 20 feet from the basket? How about Galloway? Dude just throws himself around the court and expects to not get called when he slams into other players?

IU is awful defensively. Maybe you just don’t understand what you’re seeing?
Yea... Now compare that to the rest of the league... Oh that's right... Rest of the league is allowed to be as aggressive as they want. Especially at home... Except Indiana. And it was the same way in non conference games. Even against UNC.

My biggest fear is that the team will be looking ahead to the next game against OMHR. :eek:

Yea... Now compare that to the rest of the league... Oh that's right... Rest of the league is allowed to be as aggressive as they want. Especially at home... Except Indiana. And it was the same way in non conference games. Even against UNC.
Is this tongue-in-cheek, or is he really this biased about referees specifically mistreating only Indiana? I really hope it isthe former and not the latter.

Here is a clue: Most of the fuss about the BIG referees has been about them allowing rough play across all games. However less well coached teams do not play smart basketball and get more calls against them, mostly because they foul more egregiously. Purdue is tied for second in D1 playing the most foul free basketball At 13 fouls per game. Indiana is around 17 per game.

Last edited:
Reactions: purduepat1969
If you could step back and read your own posts. In-conference, out-of-conference... everywhere they go, officials don't let them play the way they want to play. Everyone is out to get them. The world hates IU, and only IU. (Except for the globally enormous fanbase, of course.)

There is a name for that complex.

If you could step back and read your own posts. In-conference, out-of-conference... everywhere they go, officials don't let them play the way they want to play. Everyone is out to get them. The world hates IU, and only IU. (Except for the globally enormous fanbase, of course.)

Because it's a fact. Indiana plays no different than any other aggressive defensive team. But, refs call it because "Indiana doesn't play that way." Refs allow certain teams whose "Identity" is aggressive and tough to play differently. Literally all of the Big Ten is that except maybe Iowa. Rutgers, Michigan State, Wisconsin, Purdue. All allowed to play aggressive defense. Hand checks, bumping cutters etc. Indiana gets called for it, the others don't. Rutgers could drop the people's elbow on people without a call.

Purdue wins a close one 63 - 59. Defense, offensive rebounds, and free throws make the difference.

Purdue wins by 10 and then sweeps the rest of the B1G and the B1G Tourney. Heads into the NCAA Tourney 33-1.

Reactions: DrEss

To be fair, there's a lot of this type of talk on both the Purdue Football and Basketball sites. When (or if ;) ) we lose another game, just watch.

Because it's a fact. Indiana plays no different than any other aggressive defensive team. But, refs call it because "Indiana doesn't play that way." Refs allow certain teams whose "Identity" is aggressive and tough to play differently. Literally all of the Big Ten is that except maybe Iowa. Rutgers, Michigan State, Wisconsin, Purdue. All allowed to play aggressive defense. Hand checks, bumping cutters etc. Indiana gets called for it, the others don't. Rutgers could drop the people's elbow on people without a call.
Don’t forget these while making excuses.

IU now is a 1-1/2 point favorite in Vegas. I believe if we play our game we win a close one. But this will not be easy and my gambling instincts tell me to take Iu. Hope they are wrong. I want this game very bad!

I think that this will be the toughest environment that Purdue will play in all season, but I have Purdue keeping their streak of not allowing more than 70 alive and out-executing IU in the last minute to win 71-70.

Yeah...No.

Reactions: TopSecretBoiler
Waaah...Waaah...

Match and counter punch. Will need to take the air out of that place.

But not too much air, don’t want the place breaking down and injuring anyone.
Curious how they attack Braden. I expect physical D on the perimeter and plysical play down low. I think Braden is much quicker and so we shall see how that plays out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT