ADVERTISEMENT

IU prediction thread

proudopete

All-American
Jan 26, 2010
How badly do we beat the Hoosiers?

I’m going with 75-72.

Boilers lead by 6 and IU hits a 3 at the buzzer.

Reactions: Steve83

I’m going with 75-72.

I always have so many mixed feelings playing against the Loosiers. I look for a dog fight, cause you know they don't want to lose to us anymore than we do them . I think we have the deeper bench ,especially with X Johnson out and possibly Geronimo. Thompson has not looked that good since he's been back either. We know what Trayce will bring , we just need to stay on JHS and don't let Kopp get wide open looks. My husband is so big on him and I think he has to be wide open to hit, not the case with JHS most of the time. Galloway is probably the sneakiest player on defense from what I have observed this season. I think we win this one 72 to 60.

Boilers 74
Loosiers 66

Let TJD get his 3 dunks, 2 flexes and 1 mean mug the camera in a losing effort.
iu isn't mentally tough. The players will buy into the same "we're getting screwed by the refs" whinery that the fans will be doing and blame the loss on the officials.

Gillis, Fletch or someone else will go off and bury iu.

Boilers 74
Loosiers 66

Let TJD get his 3 dunks, 2 flexes and 1 mean mug the camera in a losing effort.
iu isn't mentally tough. The players will buy into the same "we're getting screwed by the refs" whinery that the fans will be doing and blame the loss on the officials.

Gillis, Fletch or someone else will go off and bury iu.
Much bigger game for IU than Purdue, this one will be tough, think Purdue pulls it out late.

I think it’s going to be a game of runs and we don’t look as sharp as we have been the last several games, BUT….

Our bench out preforms their bench.

The dominance of Edey shows through. He shows the state and the country why he’s the best player in college basketball.

Our 4’s (which I think is a key piece in this game) Mason and Caleb show they are superior to iu’s 4’s.

Morton contains JHS.

Fletch has a breakout shooting game

And Smith proves why Painter is becoming a recruiting genius in college basketball.

End result! 👇🏻

Purdue Boilermakers 71
Gloomington Looisers 66

I think it’s going to be a game of runs and we don’t look as sharp as we have been the last several games, BUT….

Our bench out preforms their bench.

The dominance of Edey shows through. He shows the state and the country why he’s the best player in college basketball.

Our 4’s (which I think is a key piece in this game) Mason and Caleb show they are superior to iu’s 4’s.

Morton contains JHS.

Fletch has a breakout shooting game

And Smith proves why Painter is becoming a recruiting genius in college basketball.

End result! 👇🏻

Purdue Boilermakers 71
Gloomington Looisers 66
That 4 position will be key.

Purdue-76 IU-68

I could never predict IU to beat us though something deep down feels like this could be a loss, Edey sitting early due to fouls, Cold shooting, TJD and JHS going off, Phinisee esque game for Galloway or Bates. IU is solid, we just need to handle the ball pressure and out tough them!

it's iu's superbowl, world series, Masters, Indy 500, and Stanley Cup all wrapped into one.

I think it'll be close for 30 minutes and Purdue pulls in the second half.
Agreed, make no mistakes, this will be one helluve win if the Boilers go there and win. It’s a huge game for IU, for Purdue it would be great to get, however, it’s really not that important from a season standpoint.

Reactions: DrEss
I also don't believe there has been a #1 team enter Assembly Hall since Michigan in 2013.

Didn't iu beat Kentucky on a last second prayer 3 when UK was #1.

Sorry little feller, aint happenin tomorrow.
That was the season before in 2011. Zellers freshman year. His sophomore year they beat Michigan who was #1 at the time but I think Indiana was #3.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
I have a really good feeling about this game. I think the IU boys are going to give it a good try in the first 10 minutes, but we pull ahead with our deadly precise offense and tough defense. They see what is going happen and give up. The subs clean up the game for the last 5 minutes, 15 points ahead. 70-55.

I have a really good feeling about this game. I think the IU boys are going to give it a good try in the first 10 minutes, but we pull ahead with our deadly precise offense and tough defense. They see what is going happen and give up. The subs clean up the game for the last 5 minutes, 15 points ahead. 70-55.
Yep, iu doesn't have the mental toughness.

• Haha
Reactions: Vern Pain

I’m going with 75-72.

This is Purdue's special game...They want IU in a huge way...and will win. This is supposed to be Woody's big game as a college coach, and he wants to beat Knight's nemesis badly. He either lets Zack score at will, and stops the outside shots (which is what I'd do) or he plays a unique zone on Edey and lets the outside guys score.

I see lots of fouls, both on PU and IU, and in an important game like this one should be, I can only hope the refs aren't influenced or intimidated by the few drunks in Ass Hall.

That being said, I think PU wins by at least 10 or more.

Reactions: proudopete
Purdue-76 IU-68

I could never predict IU to beat us though something deep down feels like this could be a loss, Edey sitting early due to fouls, Cold shooting, TJD and JHS going off, Phinisee esque game for Galloway or Bates. IU is solid, we just need to handle the ball pressure and out tough them!
I have these damned worms crawling around my innards!

Reactions: PhantomGold
This is Purdue's special game...They want IU in a huge way...and will win. This is supposed to be Woody's big game as a college coach, and he wants to beat Knight's nemesis badly. He either lets Zack score at will, and stops the outside shots (which is what I'd do) or he plays a unique zone on Edey and lets the outside guys score.

I see lots of fouls, both on PU and IU, and in an important game like this one should be, I can only hope the refs aren't influenced or intimidated by the few drunks in Ass Hall.

That being said, I think PU wins by at least 10 or more.
I think you are inside Woody's head.

Such a hard game to predict - the year we had the Haarm’s winning tip in, I thought we would have won be 20 easy.

I think it is a slug fest it and we end the half up by 5 because we allow IU to claw back the lead. Stays close most of the second half but their foul trouble and us hitting free throws is what seals the game.

Such a hard game to predict - the year we had the Haarm’s winning tip in, I thought we would have won be 20 easy.

I think it is a slug fest it and we end the half up by 5 because we allow IU to claw back the lead. Stays close most of the second half but their foul trouble and us hitting free throws is what seals the game.
I'm going with the above ... 75 - 70

Reactions: proudopete
Well the refs haven't been influenced in any other game considering B1G opponents are shooting more FTs in Assembly Hall than Indiana.
IU shouldn’t foul so much. I think they lead the league. Maybe learn how to defend without fouling.

Well the refs haven't been influenced in any other game considering B1G opponents are shooting more FTs in Assembly Hall than Indiana.
that is a shocking surprise! Perhaps Bobby's sideline antics have dissipated.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT